Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There seems to be a mental weakness there somewhere that prevents him from achieving what he should be able to in these big games. Some sort of self-doubt.
It's a clench problem that Danger has. Good *smile* don't happen when you're clenchin as fearsome as he does, gotta learn to relax the clench n go with the flow.
Watch Danger after they beat Brisvegas in the Prelim. All his team mates were happy as n celebrating the fact they'd made a Granny n there he was struttin up n down the ground arse cheeks clenched firm enough to crush walnuts. Told my Bro Danger was constipated n he retorted that he was merely focused, like thirty seconds after a big win and a whole week out from the Granny. Wasn't focused, he was clenchin n played like he'd been clenchin all week when he got to play us.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Whoops!
You‘re right. I watched the vision on TV but didn’t notice the jumper pull.
Good pickup Ant

First time I was the same, live I was swearing and cursing like the rest of us Tenacious!! Great having games on the local disk so you can review.

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Like it, but I prefer the one of Danger on his knees a couple of seconds later watching Dusty walk away with the ball
He’s got a habit of putting himself in embarrassing situations.
It was only last year in the PF that Tom Lynch sat him on his arse as the kick from Prestia sails through for a goal and puts us in to a GF.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
A couple of people this week who have previously talked down dusty were blown away by his gf performance.

His legacy now is set in stone both for richmomd and non-richmond supporters. His finals record is bloody unbelievable.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
A couple of people this week who have previously talked down dusty were blown away by his gf performance.

His legacy now is set in stone both for richmomd and non-richmond supporters. His finals record is bloody unbelievable.

How long has it been since we had an unquestionable unanimous undisputed champion playing for us? Richo had his detractors and his kicking. Flea?

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Probably scrapes in to be the best 5 in the league, BUT has his faults, DISPOSAL being number one. Off the field i dont like the bloke ( and this coming from a cats fan). As much as people dislike Selwood, he was ( getting knackered now) a better all round footballer than Danger.

Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Probably scrapes in to be the best 5 in the league, BUT has his faults, DISPOSAL being number one. Off the field i dont like the bloke ( and this coming from a cats fan). As much as people dislike Selwood, he was ( getting knackered now) a better all round footballer than Danger.

I reckon most would have easily put Dangerfield in the Top 5 before the Finals. After the GF performance and some focus on his overall finals performance since, I reckon he may have dropped out in the eyes of many

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I reckon most would have easily put Dangerfield in the Top 5 before the Finals. After the GF performance and some focus on his overall finals performance since, I reckon he may have dropped out in the eyes of many
Personally for me he has never been a Top 10 footballer ever.
He should be remembered for a bloke that spent have his career playing for free kicks and being the biggest non performer in big games.
His value dropped dramatically after Saturday night.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Personally for me he has never been a Top 10 footballer ever.
He should be remembered for a bloke that spent have his career playing for free kicks and being the biggest non performer in big games.
His value dropped dramatically after Saturday night.
Sorta "half agree". He is a mid fielder, for some unknown reason Scott played him as a forward ( as he did last year a bit against you guys) last Sat. May have had a crap game IF he had played midfield anyway, BUT he should have played there full time.
I agree his finals ( nit just the gf) have soured his rep no doubt. He is a "burst" player, and generally the media and fans go ga ga over players bursting from the pack etc, thats what he is know for. He has quick reflexes and reads the game well, thats his main strength i reckon.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I reckon you are being harsh. Remember franklin's gf against the Hawks. Barely got a touch. Still regarded as a great player.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I was thinking if I was to choose a top ten of just mids or mid/forwards could I make a list taking only one player per team before I would pick Dangerfield?

I reckon I’d go pretty close...
(at least 5 anyway, no problem)

Dusty

Fyfe

Cripps

Bontempelli

Mitchell

Neale

Yeo

Greene

Rowell

Oliver

Maybe even Pendlebury, Boak and Kennedy (swans) even though they’re 32
(Rampe?... no probably not)

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I certainly in the past have disliked Selwood but still rank him very high as a leader and yes been a very good footballer. Cotchy, Hodge and Selwood have been the best leaders in the game the last 10 years. Selwood is a warrior has done plenty of ducking but been a very tough footballer. I reckon he is just about done and dusted though. Too many knocks and hasn't the pace to go with it!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sorta "half agree". He is a mid fielder, for some unknown reason Scott played him as a forward ( as he did last year a bit against you guys) last Sat. May have had a crap game IF he had played midfield anyway, BUT he should have played there full time.
I agree his finals ( nit just the gf) have soured his rep no doubt. He is a "burst" player, and generally the media and fans go ga ga over players bursting from the pack etc, thats what he is know for. He has quick reflexes and reads the game well, thats his main strength i reckon.

I don't know if it was totally Scott's decision to play Danger forward. But, you have to remember that the consensus at half time was that Geelong should have been further ahead. Possibly trying to set up some mismatches in the forward line to stretch Richmond's defence, which, if Geelong had continued to win the contested ball, might well have been seen as a master stroke.

I understand why you would do it but I would have erred on the side of trying to maintain the clearance advantage for maybe 5 minutes and then make the switch, not do it from half time as things can, and do, change after the long break. Add to that the lift Richmond got from Dusty's goal and that we were getting contested ball more on our terms late in the second quarter and it looks less like a good move.

But, hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is so easy to say this now.

DS

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Agree, I think Selwood in his prime turned more games than Danger and I vaguely remember he played well in finals when the cats were dominant. Unfortunately for Danger is that he has the chance to shine on the big stage and has been unable to - perhaps as you say it’s easier to shut down players that are a bit one dimensional.

The trouble with Selwood was he had a habit of playing for frees later in his career and I hate it when great players do that cause he didn’t need to.

Still reckon he still gives the top 5 current midfielders as shake - maybe may not quite.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Another big difference between dusty and clanger is that dusty is loved by all tiger supporters, however clanger is disliked by a lot of geelong supporters i know, a bit of a flog is the term widely used