Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
x2, perfectly put.

I'd also add that Gerard Whateley, who anyone that listens to regularly will know is an absolute oracle on the MRP and tribunal operations, (He should be appointed as MRO next year and I'm deadly serious about that) said it was absolute line ball for being cited or not.

But according to the AFL's rules he is completely wrong.

Might be line ball for a penalty, but for being cited it is so clear it isn't funny - you strike another person you get reported.

This is why we have a tribunal, to work out if it was deliberate or careless and if the answer to that question is yes then what penalty is to be imposed.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I'm not here to defend his journalism or any of his opinions but I will wager that he has forgotten more about the match review system than any of us know and I include Michael Christian and Steve Hocking in that.

Completely irrelevant
He might know quite a lot about the MR system
He might have forgotten some
So what?
He can still get it quite wrong - particularly in a case where he’s conflicted as a result of being an avid Geelong supporter.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
x2, perfectly put.

I'd also add that Gerard Whateley, who anyone that listens to regularly will know is an absolute oracle on the MRP and tribunal operations, (He should be appointed as MRO next year and I'm deadly serious about that) said it was absolute line ball for being cited or not.
LOL, you mean Geelong sycophant Gerard Whately

You couldn't be serious surely

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I believe the main issue here, in my humble opinion, is not that diverfield knocked out vlaustin ( deliberately or otherwise). To me the issue is the hypocrisy of the AFL and mro. We have seen incidents this year where players should have been suspended or at least reported/ referred to the tribunal but weren’t. We have seen “ incidents” where players have been reported or referred to the tribunal but shouldn’t have been. And we have seen inconsistencies in the reasons given for penalties/ non penalties ( such as the “potential” to cause injury= suspension. Action causing actual injury= no penalty)

Reactions: 10 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I believe the main issue here, in my humble opinion, is not that diverfield knocked out vlaustin ( deliberately or otherwise). To me the issue is the hypocrisy of the AFL and mro. We have seen incidents this year where players should have been suspended or at least reported/ referred to the tribunal but weren’t. We have seen “ incidents” where players have been reported or referred to the tribunal but shouldn’t have been. And we have seen inconsistencies in the reasons given for penalties/ non penalties ( such as the “potential” to cause injury= suspension. Action causing actual injury= no penalty)

What do you expect from a bloke like Christian. This is the same bloke that struggles to put a sentence together.
He makes Unleash the Gesh look good.

Hetti

Tiger Cub
Mar 30, 2007
If the reason players are reported and punished for recklessness that causes serious injury is to protect the health and safety of other players, then if Dangerfield happened to flatten another Geelong player, could he be reported for that? Has a player ever been reported for recklessly injuring a teammate?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If the reason players are reported and punished for recklessness that causes serious injury is to protect the health and safety of other players, then if Dangerfield happened to flatten another Geelong player, could he be reported for that? Has a player ever been reported for recklessly injuring a teammate?
Not to my knowledge. One night I saw David King line up one of our blokes, he missed and split Leigh Colbert down the middle. I think it may have burst Colbert’s spleen.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Woulda been pretty funny if Menegola had been reported for taking out his team mate.
Doubt that the flogs in suits at H.Q. could ever stoop to such a level of stupidity n make it a rule.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How good is going to be watching this dud go around another beating up on the weak and then doing the Houdini in September again.
His finals record is as bad as Duncan's

• Haha

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
How good is going to be watching this dud go around another beating up on the weak and then doing the Houdini in September again.
His finals record is as bad as Duncan's
Tough on Duncan 30 possie v the pies and 25 ( equal second highest ) in the GF.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
but he did react, regardless of how much time he had. He lifted his elbow and got Vlastuin in the head and knocked him out. Given what he did, elbow to the head, and the effect, player knocked out, even giving him a lot of benefit of the doubt, its still 2 weeks minimum.
And you do
I'm not here to defend his journalism or any of his opinions but I will wager that he has forgotten more about the match review system than any of us know and I include Michael Christian and Steve Hocking in that.
Now don't go spreading rumours TBR by implying there's a case of dementia here.

realise two Test players were sent off in last night's Bledisloe Cup Test for lesser impact.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tough on Duncan 30 possie v the pies and 25 ( equal second highest ) in the GF.
He is 99% the reason you guys have been failures since 2011.
Goes to water as soon as the pressure goes up.
Where was he after half time?

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Lets not hide behind the media.
He went to the midfield in the last qtr when we were only up by 2pts. We increased it by another 29pts with him in the centre.
Not a defensive bone in his body.
The only touches i remember him having is that *smile* free kick in the centre and that shocking/panic kick outside def 50 that went straight to baker, who hit Riewodlt 40 out.
He failed as s midfielder and as a forward he was Josh Bruce quality
He just doesn't have the mental toughness that every player in the Tiges have. It is our one wood, and it drives better than any team in the biz 9 times out of 10. Sure, we loose games in home and away, but that's our tinkering time, working out how the puzzle fits together, team balance, how others want to play us etc. When the chips are down, the sleeves are rolled up and it's time to go to work. Until other teams can do that, we will be top of the pops! Brisvagas and the Pies are the only ones that have done it to date. Pies are imploding, Brisvagas aren't.