Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
... and quite a number of turnovers also

Went looking on AFL website for stats - and he had 23 disposals (17 and 6)
But I couldn't see anything there on Kicking efficiency or turnovers or clangers - and it would be good to see them for sure

The Age stats had him leading the side with 8 "critical errors" - which is probably a clanger

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Went looking on AFL website for stats - and he had 23 disposals (17 and 6)
But I couldn't see anything there on Kicking efficiency or turnovers or clangers - and it would be good to see them for sure

The Age stats had him leading the side with 8 "critical errors" - which is probably a clanger
9 turnovers, 56% DE.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
No. He never gives up to the final siren has gone.
He battles right to the end.
Like he did in last years GF, 2019 Preliminary final and the 2017 qualifying final
flatters to deceive show pony

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Be nice if we pick up Tom Greene. Tiger71 has it definite I think either this year or next.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Didnt watch a second of the game last night.

Couldnt bear to watch the Port ferals with a win.

So how did Danger and Rubdown go ?? :mhihi:mhihi

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
He made some classically bad errors at vital stages that led directly to opposition goals.

Miss kick - goal

Dropped mark - spills for an easy goal.

The other interesting stat would be the percentage of disposals to got directly from typical Dangerfield free kicks.

When it comes to finals, Patty is the comedy relief.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I’ll cut Dangerfield some slack. He is a broadsword not a scalpel yet he is part of a system that demands surgical precision to work effectively. Under finals pressure where every weakness is magnified, Paddy is having to hit up teammates by foot at 45deg angles 20-30m away which he is just not capable of doing, especially under extreme pressure. Instead, Scott should be telling him win the contested ball, run and carry if you can and kick it as far as you can.

Tl;dr Dangerfield is a victim of bad coaching.

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
A couple of takes for my analysis of last nights game. I will get a little off topic no doubt.
2 things stand out about danger. 1, his elite ability to go missing in games that actually count. 2, his uncanny knack of playing with an injury that is non existent until about 6 weeks later.
Amd the real Gawwy Wohan really stood up. He is back. Another big game player.
Tom Hawkins get treated unfairly, the poor bloke gets pushed real hard in the back and he runs his beast like guts on the ground. Always gets a free kick. Which is good for an AA forward. He needs all the help he can get.
When did Selwood retire? They should have acknowledged him at some stage this year.
And lastly, I have finally picked my team to support for the GF.
PORT ADELAIDE.
Now my theory is quite salty. But I feel good about it.
I will not enjoy it and just about everyone else won't either. Especially people I know.
That's the spirit.
*smile* the AFL, gillon and that prick who used to keep changing the rules.
Go tigers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Under finals pressure where every weakness is magnified, Paddy is having to hit up teammates by foot at 45deg angles 20-30m away which he is just not capable of doing, especially under extreme pressure.
But Dusty does this all the time in finals n he's a champion, just like Clench............................. Oh wait! :flush:flush:flush