Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I reckon he followed through (sh!t himself ) in that video that baloo posted off Lynchy knocking him arse over tit.

When the minor melee started Danger certainly looked like he was in a rush to get to a toilet.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Danglefield is the most over-rated player in the game.
Good player.
But no where near as good he makes himself to be.
Alot of people in the last 2 or 3 years have finally woken up and realised he isn't a Voss Martin Hird or Buckley

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That second action with his leg would be front and back page news if any other player did it:mad:

I wonder whether his mate Whateley has seen it.
If Tom Lynch had done it it would be all mince could talk about.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If Tom Lynch had done it it would be all mince could talk about.
They would've deregistered him.
The minute he choose us he was always going to cop it from the media to the AFL.
The bloke has done extremely well considering the bullshitt has had to put up with since he has arrived at punt Rd.
He is a champion of the club

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Another incident "in the act of play" Yeah right, players from any other club would get cited for that.

Just reinforces my very low opinion of this weak rsoul, also further reinforces what a useless lump of humanity the MRO is.

Why isn't Gil ranting about how this sort of incident is "bad for the look of the game" & asking why Dangerflog hasn't been cited.

Didn't Jack get a fine or something for doing this last year without a second action?

Well, at least he didn’t get away with one of his classic head ducks. Typically, he got paid a free for doing it….but untypically another umpire intervened and said he ducked and the decision was reversed.

They train or teach this, I’m sure. Dangerfield, Selwood, Guthrie, Miers, Rohan the key offenders.

Who was the coach last year who mentioned “a club” was consistently doing this and had pointed this out to the AFL ? Can’t remember…don’t think it was us.

I've been very proud of our boys for doing the exact opposite in recent years and getting this out of their game almost entirely.

We had several duckers in 2016, but a shift in attitude happened and suddenly they stopped looking for it.

I see it as an honour thing. You're truly the best if you win without it. You must be mentally weak if you think you need to do it to get an edge that you otherwise know you can't get.

Last edited:
  • Love

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
But....but.....but......Paddy saved someone from drowning, so he must be a good guy!

BTW, did anyone notice an errant elbow, similar to the Vlastuin one in the '20 GF, in the praccie match we played a couple of weeks ago? Didn't have the same connection, thankfully, but the action was just as bad.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Another incident "in the act of play" Yeah right, players from any other club would get cited for that.

Just reinforces my very low opinion of this weak rsoul, also further reinforces what a useless lump of humanity the MRO is.

Why isn't Gil ranting about how this sort of incident is "bad for the look of the game" & asking why Dangerflog hasn't been cited.
But Clench is the union rep, not a chance in hell the boys at HQ n meedjia are gunna ruffle the feathers of the union rep. They'll happily rip into a petulant n privileged little *smile* head like Toby Greene, but the Clench is untouchable.

• Love

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
more evidence that the media are the tail on the dog, dont speak out of line or we will cut you off

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think it becomes obvious the media run the narratives. If Fox made a big issues of this on the night by replaying it and dissecting it and predicting Dangers outcome then the other media outlets hitch a ride and continue the outrage and eventually the AFL feel they have to act on it (by giving Danger a severe whack with a mouldy lettuce) and we then move on to the next issue.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Whateley on SEN just now was pathetic trying to defend why he didn't bring up the studs up to Dangerfield yesterday.

Have sent him a sms, saying that the second action should've had him suspended.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think it becomes obvious the media run the narratives. If Fox made a big issues of this on the night by replaying it and dissecting it and predicting Dangers outcome then the other media outlets hitch a ride and continue the outrage and eventually the AFL feel they have to act on it (by giving Danger a severe whack with a mouldy lettuce) and we then move on to the next issue.
Fox are massive AFL sycophants. Every new rule is great. The game is great. Critical discussion is almost non-existent on Fox when it comes to AFL decisions.

• Angry

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Fox are massive AFL sycophants. Every new rule is great. The game is great. Critical discussion is almost non-existent on Fox when it comes to AFL decisions.
Bag the AFL = unemployment
Everything is Rosie = $$$$
Just wait till Gilligan turns the AFL into the next BBL.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
not sure how that is any different to what Greene did. But he did get away with elbowing Vlastuin and knocking him out in the GF so shouldn't be surprised.

• Sad

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Whateley on SEN just now was pathetic trying to defend why he didn't bring up the studs up to Dangerfield yesterday.

Have sent him a sms, saying that the second action should've had him suspended.
He's parked the old "potential to cause injury" clause....

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Isn't this called 'through to the keeper?"
None says anything nothing gets done.
All quite on the western front
Watch them trip over each other to hang one of our blokes if they did it...

not sure how that is any different to what Greene did. But he did get away with elbowing Vlastuin and knocking him out in the GF so shouldn't be surprised.
I'm not sure whats worse, the fact he got away with it (wasn't even cited) or the fact the media completely ignored it at the time & also over that summer when the AFL/media were telling everyone about the crackdown on incidents resulting in concussion.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users