Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
tigerlove said:
Great effort Naishy considering he had lowest game time of all Tigers (just 60%).

Spot on. Being managed well. Showing great signs. Composed, great kick and has time. I’m all in.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Great signs with the ball. Has some real quality.

Agree with Spook - massively needs to improve without it.

Hopefully that comes with size and experience. Will need it to make a good career.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Great signs with the ball. Has some real quality.

Agree with Spook - massively needs to improve without it.

Hopefully that comes with size and experience. Will need it to make a good career.

What 20 year old doesn’t need to improve their defensive game?

Naish’s first two games should spark genuine excitement and not have to fit into other narratives.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Averaging 25 disposals in the reserves. Surely has the B&F covered. 33 disposals on the weekend. Has to get another chance sooner or later.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Averaging 25 disposals in the reserves. Surely has the B&F covered. 33 disposals on the weekend. Has to get another chance sooner or later.

I'd say later, no real chance barring injuries of coming back in this year, it's big boy football time, he's not physically ready yet. Some good signs for the future though.

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I have been watching him a lot this year and every week I walk away more impressed than the week before.

He has a great tank, is super calm under pressure and IMHO is the best kick on the list.

He's too skinny? He's too young? Fair enough calls I suppose.

TBH, from the amazing improvement I've seen even in the last month I'd feel totally confident he wouldn't be a liability if given the right role in the seniors.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have been watching him a lot this year and every week I walk away more impressed than the week before.

He has a great tank, is super calm under pressure and IMHO is the best kick on the list.

TBH, from the amazing improvement I've seen even in the last month I'd feel totally confident he wouldn't be a liability if given the right role in the seniors.

Next year is his time.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

It's great to know there is still Naish Balta Ross etc coming through the ranks along with Bolton , Stack , Baker , Higgins. The future looks good.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007

I agree. I am confident in time he will be a great player for us.

Risk is that he may be BEllis soft, but I think he is getting the right apprenticeship.

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Is going supberbly and is Whitfield esque in his poise, class and delivery. Far to good for the VFL but in a long que for the firsts

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I'd say later, no real chance barring injuries of coming back in this year, it's big boy football time, he's not physically ready yet. Some good signs for the future though.

Spot on. Can you imagine Cunnington getting hold of him. Poor bugger would be trying to get off a homicide charge - "I didn't mean to kill him...honest."

Just love that we will have new players coming through next year.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Probably at the head of the queue to replace Ellis should he leave.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Give him Shorts role.

Already has a better tank which means he gets more possessions and YES he does have more kick tricks in the bag.

His natural instinct in congestion makes a tighter "connection" with the players around him.

Short is 3 years older (tbh i thought it was more!) and has a good raking kick but other than that, the well run's dry.

Shorty's a Gun and Run type which is great too but I wonder who we should give the benefit of finals experience to.

Short was exposed badly last year. Naish is in form and is now clearly a step above the two's.

Borderline when weighing up the Pro's and Con's but if Naish gets to participate in the finals, don't you think thats a better investment for our club?

Probably won't happen and if it doesn't I would support Shorty 100%. Damn, he'll probably end up winning the NS!!!

Just my opinion from a longer perspective and I'll spare you all any more of my ranting on this.

PS: And NO i'm not related! :D

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He continues to build his game but is still a bit physically underdeveloped for finals football. I also thought in his AFL games he lacked a bit of leg speed - it's fine for VFL but AFL is a different beast. Is that an issue or did he just not quite adapt to the greater speed of seniors?

< AFWL | Sheeds >