Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He continues to build his game but is still a bit physically underdeveloped for finals football. I also thought in his AFL games he lacked a bit of leg speed - it's fine for VFL but AFL is a different beast. Is that an issue or did he just not quite adapt to the greater speed of seniors?
Grigg was never quick but was a bloody good footballer and could find the pill. Naish is already proving he can rack up the numbers in the VFL and a 20 possession game in his debut against Geelong not too Shabby. Defensive stuff needs work but think he will be a VERY good AFL player.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Grigg was never quick but was a bloody good footballer and could find the pill. Naish is already proving he can rack up the numbers in the VFL and a 20 possession game in his debut against Geelong not too Shabby. Defensive stuff needs work but think he will be a VERY good AFL player.

yet another young guy who can actually kick the ball to where he wants it to go. Remember years back when we had very few players who could do this consistently.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Grigg had a high footy IQ which allowed him to get the footy whilst lacking foot speed.

Chris Knights was also brilliant at doing this when he lost his pace through injuries. He had the same ability to cover ground whilst minimising the metres he needed to run by running angles instead due to his ability to read the game.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Well we can look back on his year now. Just signed up for another 2 years. 7th in the Liston trophy (was 2nd after round 17 or so I believe). Been a great development year. Look forward to hopefully see him see alot more AFL game time next year.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Well we can look back on his year now. Just signed up for another 2 years. 7th in the Liston trophy (was 2nd after round 17 or so I believe). Been a great development year. Look forward to hopefully see him see alot more AFL game time next year.
Wing beckons in 2020 provided he puts in massive pre-season. Ellis vacates role after this year & Naish can claim it.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’m so high on this boy. A grader.
Me too Scoop. He has the tools and I reckon he and his fellow run and carry partner in Fraser Turner are going to control the wings at the mcg pretty soon.
I also love the way he uses the ball.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How are his younger brothers performing

That Xavier is eligible this year and is in no dispatches pretty much gives you your answer.

Charlie played under 14's for Ivanhoe this year, kicked 17 goals in 14 games, (7th in the league). Not eligible till 2022. Grapevine says he goes alright?

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
In years gone by, would have played 25 games by now and potentially stifled his development. Richmond today allows him to improve his craft and will develop into a good player once opportunities open through retirements and trades. Similar path with Dwakins. Still has some physical development to go as he also continues to build his tank. I have him penciled in for a breakout year in 2021.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
COMING along beautifully,is playing afl level in the vfl, great sign that he found plenty of the ball in his 2 afl games,one to watch for the future.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Wheres he at? - well looks like he’s back in the side this weekend
Now I don’t know if he’ll make it or not - but I sure as hell want to find out
And that means playing him and giving him - and us - a chance to prove things one way or another
Good luck Paddy

Reactions: 5 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Great skills and kick on him and pace to burn.Only needed to work.on his defence game.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Go Paddy.

I remember watching a vfl game last year and thinking we had speedy wingers for the next 10 years in him and Fraser Turner.

He is a goal kicker as well which is a great trait for a winger

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Go Paddy.

I remember watching a vfl game last year and thinking we had speedy wingers for the next 10 years in him and Fraser Turner.

He is a goal kicker as well which is a great trait for a winger

Watch out for Hugo Ralph-Smith, this kid can run and play, I didn't have him ready this year because I think he needs to build more strength yet pleasantly already in selectors thoughts being named in this weeks 26.

Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Certainly got plenty of the ball when he played last year. I'm excited to see him play again!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Is Pat actually quick? At VFL he has plenty of time but he looked rushed when promoted to the seniors last year.

Naishy is quick enough and can run all day but referring to him as a speedster is wrong.

Thought he looked ok at the senior level in the games he played but needed to go back and work on some aspects.

Looking forward to his game and he absolutely deserves his chance, was killing in the scratch matches but there was plenty of open space to be had in those games.

< AFWL | Sheeds >