Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

They abviously wanted speed - did some nice things.
We desperately need a 3rd or 4th marking forward. Markov or similar.

any explanation why paddy would have spent more TOG last night than Marlion, $hai, JR, Kmac, bakes, Higlet?

does he have a huge motor?

Only played a couple percent more game time than Kmac and less than JR but I'd say playing the upcoming 20 games in 10 days probably has something to do with it. There's going to be quite a bit of player management required from this point on.

Reactions: 1 users
Doggies are pretty hostile in the middle, if Paddy thought last night was tough next week will likely be tougher.

Doggies are pretty hostile in the middle, if Paddy thought last night was tough next week will likely be tougher.

wait'll those white-boy mullets and circus sailor tattoos

get hit by Marlion

My boy was average. Deer in headlights. Think he gets another chance. Hub life means you get blocks of games I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a real dilemma.
A lot has been invested in this kid - the Club's draft strategy for one - and us supporters who have waited and wanted for the chance to see him make good
As a rule I reckon blokes should get at least a couple of games - but he has been disappointing.
If it was up to me I'd opt to play him this week but jeez he'd better show something

Tough game to play in for paddy

Thought he tried hard and was one of the hardest runners on the ground

Had a shocker, looked out of his depth. Avoided body contact. 5 of his handballs went to the opposition.

In the scratch match, Markov and Stack played well so no doubt Naish will go out, hopefully, Rioli too hasn't looked himself for many weeks and Cotchin is a definite for wed night.

Last edited:
My boy was average. Deer in headlights. Think he gets another chance. Hub life means you get blocks of games I reckon.

Hope not mate. Before ever coming back into the team, needs a harder edge and to go when it's his turn. Looked really panicky with ball in hand and around the contests.

Giving this thread a bit of a bump.

I happened to be talking to a WA based ex-Tiger today, and I asked who was travelling well over the preseason.

He nominated Naish as being one to watch! He said:

1. that he was looking forward to Naish having a break out year!
  2. that Naish was coming along nicely in 2019, but really struggled when COVID hit and pretty much got lost in 2020.
  3. his ball skills are top shelf and he can play really well offensively. They apparently are looking to play him mainly in defence in the VFL this year to get him to learn to be a more contested ball player.
  4. he is highly rated by the club.

Got to say I was pretty surprised at the assessment. I really had him pegged as being on the way out and have posted my opinion in this regard a few times on this site.

Reactions: 2 users
Perhaps this new rule change will suit his game.

With our high pressure run and tackle game-style being phased out for this safe short chip-kicking garbage, I can see Dimma dropping a couple of our regulars who butcher the ball and replacing them with an outside mid or two who can kick a little more accurately.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Giving this thread a bit of a bump.

I happened to be talking to a WA based ex-Tiger today, and I asked who was travelling well over the preseason.

He nominated Naish as being one to watch! He said:

1. that he was looking forward to Naish having a break out year!
  2. that Naish was coming along nicely in 2019, but really struggled when COVID hit and pretty much got lost in 2020.
  3. his ball skills are top shelf and he can play really well offensively. They apparently are looking to play him mainly in defence in the VFL this year to get him to learn to be a more contested ball player.
  4. he is highly rated by the club.

Got to say I was pretty surprised at the assessment. I really had him pegged as being on the way out and have posted my opinion in this regard a few times on this site.
Agree streaker. Can't see any thing special in him......so far.

I thought he looked a bit bigger in the B game against the Dees. He needs it as he was a real squibbed when he got his chance in the seniors. Interesting theory about him suiting the new game plan though.

I have my doubts still, but those around the Club would have a far clearer and better understanding of what Naish might bring to the team than a silly old supporter like me.
That said, I would think he would be outside the top 30 or so players on the list.
Maybe he will be a slow burn, long-term project player ???

Perhaps this new rule change will suit his game.

With our high pressure run and tackle game-style being phased out for this safe short chip-kicking garbage, I can see Dimma dropping a couple of our regulars who butcher the ball and replacing them with an outside mid or two who can kick a little more accurately.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
First practice match we doubled our uncontested marking.
Watched a few of the practice games so far n so far there's been plenty of chip n charge footy. No doubt we'll still lock into our tight defensive structures with our run n drive forward at all costs as best we can with the new rules. But, the butchered ball is going to be brutally expensive on turnover. Clubs are gunna need some pure foot skills distributing the pill all over the ground.

< AFWL | Sheeds >