Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think Paddy can play. Just not sure he can play how we play.

Having said that with Houli approaching the end there's a spot for the taking. Let's see if he or Eggs (or someone else) can grab it.
Is there a spot now?
DLTD Grimes Flossy Balta Broad Baker Short.
If we go another small such as Naish then we,re too small. Less flexibility and unable to release Dave or Noah into 2nd ruck.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Is there a spot now?
DLTD Grimes Flossy Balta Broad Baker Short.
If we go another small such as Naish then we,re too small. Less flexibility and unable to release Dave or Noah into 2nd ruck.

Dimma seems to think that defensive lineup is a bit tall. It works when we don't have two rucks though.

Reactions: 1 user

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Dimma’s words were telling. He is accumulator and doesn’t fit the way we play. Maybe with the new rules he will, who knows.
I reckon if you put him in a high possession team he would do really well and he kicks the ball so well.
Put him in Melbourne, Hawthorn or Collingwood and he would be fine. He’s as good as plenty in those teams.
Maybe Dimma was being tactful instead of using the word receiver.

But hopefully he takes the message on board and is serious about changing his style.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
looking like he had a ripper game today at the hanger
Would have been the perfect game for Naishy. Wide open MCG sized pitch with I suspect not as much pressure as a proper game. Well done , but must do it in the heat of battle with hardened bodies smashing him. I keep going back to the game against the Giants in Sydney last year where he was just not competitive against real hardened players. He needs to step up this part of his game or there is no spot in the team for him.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Would have been the perfect game for Naishy. Wide open MCG sized pitch with I suspect not as much pressure as a proper game. Well done , but must do it in the heat of battle with hardened bodies smashing him. I keep going back to the game against the Giants in Sydney last year where he was just not competitive against real hardened players. He needs to step up this part of his game or there is no spot in the team for him.
Unfortunately that’s the harsh reality for young Naishy.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Does Naish come in to calculations? The more open style could really suit a player with his foot skills.
We need better kicks in the 22 & Paddy has a skill set that may just suit. If not then papers are stamped.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Like-for-like with Egg in terms of the contest. I really don't trust him based on the little I've seen in the pre-season matches.

Last edited:

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Does Naish come in to calculations? The more open style could really suit a player with his foot skills.
We need better kicks in the 22 & Paddy has a skill set that may just suit. If not then papers are stamped.

Not a bad call. These new rules could save his career, if he could defend a little bit.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Perfect timing. It’s up to him. Opportunity with KMac out and game style moving towards him Ad @MD Jazz pointed out.

I‘ve had all the beachfront realestate on Naish Island, been left alone it with no visitors and not because of COVID but it could start to become a popular destination shortly.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

His foot skills are totally overrated.

He’s average on most fronts. A modern day Tom Roach and not much else.

Reactions: 4 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
His foot skills are totally overrated.

He’s average on most fronts. A modern day Tom Roach and not much else.

Tend to agree. Haven’t seen that much from him that excites me to be honest. His time is now though - we need some pace and flair...he has been in the system long enough.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Tend to agree. Haven’t seen that much from him that excites me to be honest. His time is now though - we need some pace and flair...he has been in the system long enough.

He doesn’t have genuine pace either. He’s just average on that front too 8ball.

Average kick, moderate leg speed, mostly outside (which is fine if you’re a great kick but he isn’t), lack of strength, smallish at 182. Most vfl games I’ve seen him in he’s just accumulated cheap, short pass offs in the main. Not much of an impact.

He’d want to have found a lot, and quickly, to be a chance to stay on the list after this year.

Stranger things have happened I guess. The current style of play at AFL level would definitely help him a bit.

Last edited:

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Watched the VFL live feed and thought Naish looked the most likely AFL standard for a call up.
Think he is also one of those players that play better with better players around him.
Releases Picket to centre square rotation

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Watched the VFL live feed and thought Naish looked the most likely AFL standard for a call up.
Think he is also one of those players that play better with better players around him.
Releases Picket to centre square rotation

It’s probably now or never

< AFWL | Sheeds >