Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

Obviously hope he goes well but also that he gets a fair go by us fans generally and on this site
Our new kids can’t always be the instant successes like Stacky, Ross and even Balta
This bloke will probably need a bit of time but could become a bloody good player
Good luck to him

Good luck to Naishy, gets his chance due to injury n form issues. Hoping he has a decent game n enjoys the hell out of his first game. Another generation next gets blooded for the future.

surely his dad presents his top tomorrow..must be an absolute proud family moment that.

Saw a bit of him at Arden St last week......he's a class act. Hopefully he flies under the radar....if so he'll hurt them....

Put him on the wing and let the kid play.
If I see half back *smile*, I won’t be happy,

From what I've seen of him this year in the VFL, he is a genuine footballer.

To me, he is an offense thinker which is why I currently have minor doubts about his defensive game.

He is still slight in AFL terms but this will improve after a few more preseasons.

Nevertheless, I think he feels the game well and executes his play with focus and composure.

What really impressed me the most was his kicking prowess.

60m bombs, Exocet stabs, deliberate curve drops... he has the full gamut of kicks and he executes them with precision under pressure.

His time in the VFL is now served and we should allow time for him to recalibrate into AFL.

The reward for us will be worth the patience.

Hopefully he's the gun winger we've been looking for since ...a long time

TheCan said:
surely his dad presents his top tomorrow..must be an absolute proud family moment that.

Chris spoke with Kane Cornes on SEN this morning and will be presenting Patrick with his jumper. Very proud and expecting it to be an emotional night. Spoke glowingly about the club and the development of his son, starting him at half back in his first year and on the wing in his 2nd where he is getting more of the ball. Said Patrick was 69kg when drafted and recruiters knew he would require time. Put on 8kg over off-season and now is 79kg, still skinny so reckons a few more kg to go. As to how he is putting on weight he said Patty is having 5, 6 or 7 meals a day but because he is such a runner very hard to keep it on.
He is keen to see him on the open spaces of the MCG rather than the confines of Punt Road Oval. He is under no illusions that there will be ups and downs but looking forward to the journey.
Worth hunting up the interview if you can find it.

Good luck Paddy, hope you enjoy your 1st game, also hope you have a long & successful career at the Tiges.

zippadeee said:
Put him on the wing and let the kid play.
If I see half back sh!t, I won’t be happy,

Agreed, let him run free. Against the Dogs & Roos we lacked run. Let the boy just go out & play his natural game on a wing.

jb03 said:
Do you think Spook will bemoan that we didn't play Menadue?
It's a slap in the face for Menadue, no doubt.

There are two ways to look at it:
Either you think Naish is in on merit, in which case he should be held to the same standard Menadue is. It's an important game, the VFL is for developing players.
Or, you think the MC has conceded defeat and is giving Naish a taste.

I hope he plays a blinder. But I'll be watching him as much without the ball as with it.

spook said:
It's a slap in the face for Menadue, no doubt.

There are two ways to look at it:
Either you think Naish is in on merit, in which case he should be held to the same standard Menadue is. It's an important game, the VFL is for developing players.
Or, you think the MC has conceded defeat and is giving Naish a taste.

I hope he plays a blinder. But I'll be watching him as much without the ball as with it.

C'mon spook. Did Chris Naish say something bad to you through the 90s or something... :hihi

< AFWL | Sheeds >