Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
C'mon spook. Did Chris Naish say something bad to you through the 90s or something... :hihi
What? I'm not anti-Naish, I just don't think he's ready, defensively or in terms of physicality.

Either we've picked our best team to win the game tonight, in which case we judge everyone on how they perform, or you think Naish deserves a free hit, in which case we haven't picked our best side.

The other thing I read into it is Menadue won't be at the club next year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
spook said:
It's a slap in the face for Menadue, no doubt.

There are two ways to look at it:
Either you think Naish is in on merit, in which case he should be held to the same standard Menadue is. It's an important game, the VFL is for developing players.
Or, you think the MC has conceded defeat and is giving Naish a taste.

I hope he plays a blinder. But I'll be watching him as much without the ball as with it.

Naish is both in there on merit and being given a taste, rarely do players come in and impact or hold their place at first crack. It is correct he still has some work to do on his contested and defensive side but when you have been near best on in VFL 5 weeks in a row you have to be rewarded.
No sterner test than tonight so he and we will know where he is at.
Good luck Naishy!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
spook said:
What? I'm not anti-Naish, I just don't think he's ready, defensively or in terms of physicality.

Either we've picked our best team to win the game tonight, in which case we judge everyone on how they perform, or you think Naish deserves a free hit, in which case we haven't picked our best side.

Both are virtually the same in physicality. I liked Mena's game against the Dockers although dropped a bit in the next 2. It's Naishy's turn to show something. I reckon both are slow burners and so far, good to keep for depth.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
spook said:

Some were saying Stack wasn't ready when picked based on his preseason and limited vfl form. Confidence is a major ingredient, and hopefully like Stack, Naish has alot of it. It's the main ingredient Menadue lacks imo.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
BTW hoping Naishy rips it apart and I think he will be a good player for us, but I agree with Spook.

Not ready just at the moment IMO. Will cost us in one on ones and defensive mindset.

Hopefully he gets a chance to do something offensively.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tackled by Rohan.
Not a good look getting tackled by that spud.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
se7en said:
Tackled by Rohan.
Not a good look getting tackled by that spud.

Maybe we could say something positive about him?!

Nice first goal Naishy! Hopefully the first of many for the tiges like your old man. Has been pretty good thought

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
year of the tiger said:
Naishy over the Menadue .. ouch

Go Naishy - goal with your first kick will do me nicely - no pressure on the kid on a big Friday night game

Brave move by the selectors

Goal not quite a goal with his first - was it his second or third ?

J

Jumping Jack

He was a positive tonight... 20 disposals and a goal on debut. Can see his kicking really become and offensive weapon.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Jumping Jack said:
He was a positive tonight... 20 disposals and a goal on debut. Can see his kicking really become and offensive weapon.
Seems to know where to get the ball. Positive on a forgettable night.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jumping Jack said:

Really good in a thrashing. Already shown more than Menadue has. Interesting to see what spook says.

< AFWL | Sheeds >