Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I actually agree on all your points Sin.

At times I get the *smile* with these other states sticking their bibs in.

Exactly like Iran does. I only hope the people there overthrow the mad mullahs. I know they’re indoctrinated with a hatred of the West, mainly the US, and Israel. But they haven’t had much luck, firstly with the shah, then Khomeini and his rabid band of followers from the dark ages.
I think like Dante’s Inferno at times, the Middle East and further east. War, war, war! Dictators, strongmen, religious cults,all want their piece of the action and power over the people. Pity they can develop a pill and slip into those countries leaders that just totally incapacitates them. I can’t countenance murder. Hold on, yes I can. Give each of them a cyanide pill.
Then let the people elect a democratic government that puts the people first. Not religion, not power, not territory. The people.
Pipedream I know. Oops wandered off track.

Well if Israel can use some restraint and Iran decides they’ve “saved face” enough, maybe there is a chance.
Its a powder keg waiting for liftoff, but if wiser heads can impress on both sides the need for cooling off, just maybe.
Iran has actually backed Israel into a corner which is one reason why we should expect retaliation.
They have said that given that the attack was “ in direct response to the Israeli attack on the Iranian embassy in Syria they now consider the matter closed”.
So if Israel does nothing they would essentially be accepting that position.
That won’t be acceptable. Let’s hope that the response is something reasonably low level at least.
If they lob a few missiles into Tehran…..

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Iran has actually backed Israel into a corner which is one reason why we should expect retaliation.
They have said that given that the attack was “ in direct response to the Israeli attack on the Iranian embassy in Syria they now consider the matter closed”.
So if Israel does nothing they would essentially be accepting that position.
That won’t be acceptable. Let’s hope that the response is something reasonably low level at least.

They lob missiles anywhere in Iran then we really are in for a shitshow.

DS

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maybe they could sneak a hit squad in to put a kaboom or two under Iran's nuclear plant. Then we could all sit back for half an hour or so n watch the worlds biggest fireworks display backed up by some heavy doof doof.
Then we could all go home n crawl under the nearest rock n wait for the inevitable. Reckon *smile*'s gunna get seriously ugly if the Israelis are fair pissed off enough to hit back with much more than posturing.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In the world geopolitical chess game wonder what the next move will be. No doubt Iran is consulting Russia and China.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009

Trump explains how the Iranian leadership called to warn they would be firing missiles at a US base. They were apologetic, they had to do it, to appear "strong" to their own people:​

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like the Gazans have some respite while aisrael looks to Iran
You sure they're not just having a quick bath n doing some laundry while the Israelis are off having smoko there Willo?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Some sanity in this article:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2024/04/15/israel-war-iran-biden-netanyahu-escalation/

Clearly Netanyahu wants to keep everything unstable so his government won't fall.

Some more sanity here:

https://johnmenadue.com/why-australia-should-recognise-palestine/

The whole Palestine/Israel situation needs a long term solution and recognising a Palestinian state would be a start.

Meanwhile, in Germany, you're not even allowed to talk about Palestine.

One good point Yanis makes: the PLO recognised Israel - did Israel recognise Palestine? Of course they didn't, never have and will not do so unless forced to do so. Plus, it got the PLO nowhere, the plight of the Palestinians is worse now as Israel continues to bomb the crap out of Gaza and terrorise the Palestinians in what is left of the West Bank beyond the illegal settlements.

Of course, it has been a Zionist strategy for decades to just shut down any discussion of Palestine/Israel. They just want to be left alone to expel the Palestinians and take over the whole area, see Netanyahu's map at the UN in September.

DS

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The Germans would know a thing or 2 about fascism and genocide.
And this makes is soooo strange that they have taken the position they have.

I don't get it...

Have you seen Spain, Ireland, Norway, Malta, and more, are looking to push for recognition of a Palestinian state? Certainly interesting political times ahead.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
We are entering dangerous times, it seems Israel has bombed Iran.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-updates-iran-israel-today-explosions-isfahan

Natanyahu clearly takes the view that his government staying in power is way more important than peace.

DS
Like a couple of kids sitting in the back seat on a long n boring drive. Push, prod, poke, nudge, scratch, hair tug, hit over n over again backwards n forwards. They need the old man to pull over to the side of the road n give them a foot up the arse n a swat round the buccanearholes.