Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willo, the least you could do is to own the statements you have made that anyone who believes in Palestinian self-determination is a Hamas sympathiser. I mean, why say it when you won't own it?

Anyone who says that the events of October 7 have to be seen in the context of decades of dispossession and the creation of ghettos in Gaza and the West Bank is labelled a terrorist sympathiser by you. I'm not going to bother going back and looking for your specific comments, we've all seen them and it isn't worth my time.

Then you come back with faux outrage that somehow you have been accused of saying things you did not say. Well, boohoo yourself, have the backbone to own your own statements.

Plus, more faux outrage about universities being disrupted. Personally I find the bombing and destruction of universities and schools by the IDF far more distressing, but each to their own. The Zionists bringing weapons to break up pro-Palestinian camps at unis is far more threatening than people doing a few chants in favour of Palestinian human rights, but I suppose when you unthinkingly support one side then that is the result.

How about we try this again:

Do you condemn Senior Likud member (remembering Likud are the less extreme of the governing coalition) Galit Distal Atbaryan who said Israel must invest all its energy “in one thing: erasing all of Gaza from the face of the Earth.”?

Do you condemn Defence Minister Yoav Gallant who called the people of Gaza (over 1 million of whom are children) “human animals”?

I assume you agree with The President of Israel who said anyone left in the north of Gaza is either a terrorist or a terrorist sympathiser. Since you label anyone who is in favour of Palestinian self-determination a terrorist sympathiser this reflects exactly what you have been saying. No need to ask about this one.

Do you condemn illegal settlers shooting Palestinian civilians in the West Bank? Also, do you condemn the IDF standing by and watching as they do this?

Do you condemn Israeli Finance Minister who recently said “There are no half measures. Rafah, Deir al-Balah, Nuseirat – total annihilation. ‘You will blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.” ?

Clear genocidal intent I would have thought should get condemnation, especially when the very same people, the Israeli government, are implementing it right before our very eyes.

As for the idea of a cease-fire where Israel retain the right to bomb the crap out of Rafah and send armed military in to kill yet more civilians - how is that a cease fire? A cease fire where one side gets to continue firing is not a cease fire, it is a massacre.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Willo, the least you could do is to own the statements you have made that anyone who believes in Palestinian self-determination is a Hamas sympathiser. I mean, why say it when you won't own it?
Show me where I said that. I bet you can’t because you just made it up. Again.
Anyone who says that the events of October 7 have to be seen in the context of decades of dispossession and the creation of ghettos in Gaza and the West Bank is labelled a terrorist sympathiser by you. I'm not going to bother going back and looking for your specific comments, we've all seen them and it isn't worth my time.
How many times are you go)n* to repeat yourself? No! Once again that’s a false claim by you. If you’re going to attribute something to me make sure it’s truthful. Not made up, not your fabrication or your assumption.
You “haven't all seen them” because it wasn’t what I said.. if you claim it show us all…otherwise you’re just making up lies again.
Both you and Sun should really go back and read what I wrote.

Obviously you both have issues with what I post but that doesn’t give you free rein to write lies.
Try it as a challenge. One you’ll both 100% fail at .
Then you come back with faux outrage that somehow you have been accused of saying things you did not say. Well, boohoo yourself, have the backbone to own your own statements.
FFS now you’re just trolling again. Either stick to the topic or *smile* off.
You’re telling too many lies. So I recommend you take a break and stop YOUR LIES. Repeating them won’t change the fact
Plus, more faux outrage about universities being disrupted. Personally I find the bombing and destruction of universities and schools by the IDF far more distressing, but each to their own.
oh of course you do. But like others who get offended and outraged, you can’t help yourself from responding over and over.
Hypocrite

The Zionists bringing weapons to break up pro-Palestinian camps at unis is far more threatening than people doing a few chants in favour of Palestinian human rights, but I suppose when you unthinkingly support one side then that is the result.
Pot, Kettle
How about we try this again:

Do you condemn Senior Likud member (remembering Likud are the less extreme of the governing coalition) Galit Distal Atbaryan who said Israel must invest all its energy “in one thing: erasing all of Gaza from the face of the Earth.”?
FFS. I e answered it already. Now stop your *smile* trolling
Do you condemn Defence Minister Yoav Gallant who called the people of Gaza (over 1 million of whom are children) “human animals”?
And yet again. You’re making a complete fool of yourself
I assume you agree with The President of Israel who said anyone left in the north of Gaza is either a terrorist or a terrorist sympathiser. Since you label anyone who is in favour of Palestinian self-determination a terrorist sympathiser this reflects exactly what you have been saying. No need to ask about this one.
Assume whatever you like on planet David.
Do you condemn illegal settlers shooting Palestinian civilians in the West Bank? Also, do you condemn the IDF standing by and watching as they do this?
Where have you been for the las5 few months? Has somebody else been using your account?
Or if you keep trolling and asking the same questions over and over and over. I think you may need medical attention. Obviously there’s a large void between your ears.
Go on. Ask those questions again. For the 5th time. The answer hasn’t changed since the 1st few times I answered them
Do you condemn Israeli Finance Minister who recently said “There are no half measures. Rafah, Deir al-Balah, Nuseirat – total annihilation. ‘You will blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.” ?
No I tell you what I condemn. Posters who can’t grasp the context of what a discussion is. Especially when they keep asking the same questions that have repeatedly been answered.
The poor bastards are making a fool of themselves while gratuitously trying to get some affirmation from their own kind.

Clear genocidal intent I would have thought should get condemnation, especially when the very same people, the Israeli government, are implementing it right before our very eyes.
Gee did this just happen all of a sudden?
As for the idea of a cease-fire where Israel retain the right to bomb the crap out of Rafah and send armed military in to kill yet more civilians - how is that a cease fire? A cease fire where one side gets to continue firing is not a cease fire, it is a massacre.
Yeah right, so you believe a ceasefire is a waste of time. Good for you then.
Don’t bother replying. I’ve had enough of your stupidity on this thread.
Clearly you don’t recognise an answer! Seeing you keep repeating questions over and over and over. Day after day, week after week. And still tell LIES while doing so.
Obviously youve got nothing to go on to try to have a go at me, so you make up continuous lies. Write the truth, there’s a novel idea.

Then just repeat statements ad nauseum for your own benefit and your little band .

So please stick with the thread topic, don’t quote me anymore or keep asking me questions over and over again.
This is a courteous request.

Nope, no backbone, won't own his own statements and won't condemn encouragement of genocide.

Denies all the statements he made about various posters being "Hamas sympathisers" and, yes, that is the wording you used Willo, in a number of posts I can't be bothered reading.

Says it all really.

Own your criticisms of others and own your support of the Israeli government who have voiced their support for ethnic cleansing, at the very least.

I will say one thing though, at least you do own that you have no suggestions as to how to resolve the situation.

Oh, and, just by the way, if Israel say they are not willing to sign up to a cease fire where they don't get to continue bombing and sending troops and tanks into Rafah, then it is not a cease fire is it? You see, and I don't quite know why I have to explain this but whatevs, a cease fire means everyone ceases firing, not just one of the protagonists. I thought that was obvious, clearly not for some.

DS

Nope, no backbone, won't own his own statements and won't condemn encouragement of genocide.
Mate you’re a flat out liar.
You make up absolute lies.
Your comments on “can’t be bothered going back” really says it all. And speaks volumes of your character.
What it means is you have tried to find a statement from me to back your lies up, but can’t find any. Then you use the excuse you cant be bothered to go back to find them.

Denies all the statements he made about various posters being "Hamas sympathisers"
Where have I denied this?
and, yes, that is the wording you used Willo, in a number of posts I can't be bothered reading.
No I haven’t denied that at all. I said I never called them “terrorists”
Learn to *smile* read
Says it all really.
Yes it does. When grown up adults have to make up lies to justify your statements
Own your criticisms of others and own your support of the Israeli government who have voiced their support for ethnic cleansing, at the very least.
I already have. Show me the criticisms I have denied. Of course, you’ll say you can’t be bothered. Which is a euphemism for going back, not finding anything to back your statements up. Or just telling flat out lies
I will say one thing though, at least you do own that you have no suggestions as to how to resolve the situation.
Oh well that’s very good of you. Easy to do when I’ve written that several times. But still surprised
Oh, and, just by the way, if Israel say they are not willing to sign up to a cease fire where they don't get to continue bombing and sending troops and tanks into Rafah, then it is not a cease fire is it?
As usual your comprehension skills are sadly lacking. A ceasefire is a pause in the fighting. Not a surrender or an armistice.
Obviously you don’t know the difference
You see, and I don't quite know why I have to explain this but whatevs, a cease fire means everyone ceases firing, not just one of the protagonists. I thought that was obvious, clearly not for some.
See the above.
Heres a challenge to you or any others . When you claim I said or wrote or stated something, then disclaim it make it public.
Have some balls.
Be an adult not a little juvenile bastard kid who makes lies up to try to put me down and make yourself look like a hero to your mates.
Its soft, fake and starting to become a personal harassment.

Either put up, shut up or *smile* off. Your absolute nonsense is pissing me off. Especially when you and I and even other posters know you’re telling lies. I don’t care if they like me or not, agree with my posts or not. If they’re complicit in your lies, That only weakens their position. Not mine.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Well it’s looks like the proposed ceasefire is off the table.
Hamas obviously wants to prolong this war and inflict more death and destruction on Palestinians in Rafah.

Israel attacks Rafah after Hamas claims responsibility for deadly rocket attack

May 5, 2024 11:00 PM UTC
Three Israeli soldiers were killed in a rocket attack claimed by Hamas armed wing, near the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, where Palestinian health officials said at least 19 people were killed by Israeli fire on Sunday.

Hamas's armed wing claimed responsibility on Sunday for an attack on the Kerem Shalom crossing into Gaza that Israel said killed three of its soldiers.

Israel's military said 10 projectiles were launched from Rafah in southern Gaza towards the area of the crossing, which it said was now closed to aid trucks going into the coastal enclave. Other crossings remained open.

Hamas' armed wing said it fired rockets at an Israeli army base by the crossing, but did not confirm where it fired them from. Hamas media quoted a source close to the group as saying the commercial crossing was not the target.

More than a million Palestinians are sheltering in Rafah, near the border with Egypt.

Shortly after the Hamas attack, an Israeli airstrike hit a house in Rafah killing three people and wounding several others, Palestinian medics said.

The Israeli military confirmed the counter-strike, saying it struck the launcher from which the Hamas projectiles were fired, as well as a nearby "military structure".

"The launches carried out by Hamas adjacent to the Rafah Crossing ... are a clear example of the terrorist organisation's systematic exploitation of humanitarian facilities and spaces, and their continued use of the Gazan civilian population as human shields," it said.

Hamas denies it uses civilians as human shields.

Just before midnight, an Israeli air strike killed nine Palestinians, including a baby, in another house in Rafah, Gaza health officials said. They said the new strike increased the death toll on Sunday to at least 19 people.

Israel has vowed to enter the southern Gaza city and flush out Hamas forces there, but has faced mounting pressure to hold fire as the operation could derail fragile humanitarian efforts in Gaza and endanger many more lives

Sunday's attack on the crossing came as hopes dimmed for ceasefire talks under way in Cairo

Hamas just can’t help themselves. With a ceasefire on the table, this is how they respond. Just inviting Israel into a ground war in Rafah.
Obviously probes they don’t care about the million or so Palestinians in Rafah. Once again they just want to provoke a response.
No doubt the apologists will blame Israel for this and the follow-up, instead of pointing the finger at Hamas.
But that’s par for the course now, and to be expected.

Oh Hamas where fore art thou?
Firing mortars at the Karem Abu Salem crossing so it gets closed down. We don’t want aid getting to civilians in Rafah.
We can then blame it on Israel. No ceasefire, more dead civilians, more protests in Western universities. Insh’allah

Hamas doesn’t care for its own people. As it’s been said since October 7 atrocities kicked off this latest catastrophe.
That‘s so obvious even to the deaf, dumb and blind. Only the most stupid would think otherwise.

Activist Groups Trained Students for Months Before Campus Protests

Left-wing groups and veteran demonstrators provided guidance and support before rise of pro-Palestinian encampments​

May 3, 2024 at 9:00 pm ET

The recent wave of pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses came on suddenly and shocked people across the nation. But the political tactics underlying some of the demonstrations were the result of months of training, planning and encouragement by longtime activists and left-wing groups.
More….

Well what a surprise that is..not
Gullible university and college students thinking they’re great humanitarians, but in reality doing the PR work of terror organisations.

Last edited:
So Washington asks Israel to pause any attack into Rafah while they are negotiating the release of up to 130 hostages that the Hamas still have hold of. To allow more aid into the beleaguered areas.
Slow Israel has complied while negotiating the ”comprehensive package on the table” Blinken says it’s “most extraordinary generous package of

The remaining Hamas battalions and military infrastructure

Hamas had no intention of considering a ceasefire. Just time to rearm and reorganise themselves. More mortars and rockets at aid crossings.
Well you reap what you sow

Last edited:
Israeli military begins evacuating civilians from parts of Rafah

May 06, 2024 4:09 pm

Israel's military is ordering Palestinians in Rafah's east to evacuate.
The IDF said it is calling on people to move to a nearby 'humanitarian area', indicating a possible ground assault in the city is imminent.
The military will use posters, texts, phone calls and media announcements to spread the warning.
The statement from the IDF says it “has expanded the humanitarian area in Al-Mawasi to accommodate the increased levels of aid flowing into Gaza”.

“This expanded humanitarian area includes field hospitals, tents and increased amounts of food, water, medication and additional supplies,” the statement further read.
The statement went on to say: “The IDF will continue pursuing Hamas everywhere in Gaza until all the hostages that they're holding in captivity are back home

So here it comes again, thanks to Hamas

Israel military calls on Palestinian civilians to evacuate Rafah

Israel's military said on Monday it had begun encouraging residents of Rafah to evacuate the southern Gazan city as part of a 'limited scope' operation, but did not immediately confirm media reports this was part of preparation for a ground assault.

Seven months into its offensive against Hamas, Israel has said Rafah harbours thousands of the Palestinian Islamist group’s fighters and that victory is impossible without taking the city.

But with more than a million displaced Palestinians sheltering there, the prospect of a high-casualty operation worries Western powers and neighbouring Egypt.

In what appeared to be the beginning of a civilian evacuation ahead of a ground assault, the Israeli military called on Palestinians in eastern parts of Rafah to move to a nearby "humanitarian area".

In a statement on Monday, the military said posters, text messages, phone calls and media announcements would be used to “encourage ... the gradual movement of civilians in the specified areas”.

Although people were being moved into humanitarian areas that were "safer", the Israeli military cautioned that Hamas was known to fire from those areas.

It added that it was not setting a timeframe for the Rafah evacuation, however, but would make operational assessments.

It estimated it would need to move 100,000 people from Rafah in the 'limited scope' evacuation.

Earlier, an Israeli broadcaster, Army Radio, had said Israel's armed forces had begun evacuating Palestinian civilians ahead of a threatened assault, although the military did not confirm that report.

Army Radio said evacuations were focused on a few peripheral districts of Rafah, from which evacuees would be directed to tent cities in nearby Khan Younis and Al Muwassi

Key aid crossing into Gaza closed after rocket attack kills Israeli soldiers

Kerem Shalom crossing was closed after Hamas claimed responsibility for rocket attack, which Israel said was fired from Rafah

12:13 AEST Monday, 06 May 2024

One of the main crossings used to deliver humanitarian aid into Gaza was closed after a rocket attack claimed by Hamas killed three soldiers, the Israeli military said, with a reprisal strike on a house in Rafah reportedly killing at least three Palestinians.

Israel’s military said 10 projectiles were launched from Rafah in southern Gaza towards the area of the Kerem Shalom crossing. The crossing was closed soon after, but other crossings remained open.

The armed wing of Hamas said it fired rockets at an Israeli army base next to the crossing, but did not confirm where it fired them from. Hamas media quoted a source close to the group as saying the commercial crossing was not the target. Israel’s military said it believed Hamas was targeting soldiers massed on the Gaza border in preparation for a possible Rafah invasion.

More than a million Palestinians are sheltering in Rafah, near the border with Egypt.

Shortly after the Hamas attack, an Israeli airstrike hit a house in Rafah, killing three people and wounding several others, Palestinian medics said. The Israeli military confirmed the counter-strike, saying it struck the launcher from which the Hamas projectiles were fired as well as a nearby “military structure … The launches carried out by Hamas adjacent to the Rafah Crossing ... are a clear example of the terrorist organisation’s systematic exploitation of humanitarian facilities and spaces, and their continued use of the Gazan civilian population as human shields.”
Hamas denies it uses civilians as human shields.

Just before midnight, an Israeli airstrike killed nine Palestinians, including a baby, in another house in Rafah, Gaza health officials said. They said the new strike increased the death toll on Sunday to at least 19 people.

Israel has vowed to enter the southern Gaza city and flush out Hamas forces, but has faced mounting pressure to hold fire as the operation could derail fragile humanitarian efforts in Gaza and endanger many more lives.

Sunday’s attack on the crossing came as senior Israeli officials ramped up pressure on Hamas to accept recently proposed terms for a ceasefire or risk a new onslaught “in the very near future”.

Since it reopened several months ago, the Kerem Shalom crossing has been one of the key routes for bringing aid into Gaza.

The head of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, Philippe Lazzarini, called for an independent investigation into the attack at the crossing. He also said Israel this week denied him entry to Gaza for a second time.

The closing of Kerem Shalom came shortly after the head of the UN World Food Programme asserted there was “full-blown famine” in devastated northern Gaza, one of the most prominent warnings yet of the toll of restrictions on aid entering the territory. It was not a formal famine declaration

Good old Hamas can be relied upon to give Israel every reason to invade Rafah.
All in the righteous cause to eradicate this pestilence of a terrorist group of murders and cowardly butchers.

Denies all the statements he made about various posters being "Hamas sympathisers" and, yes, that is the wording you used Willo, in a number of posts I can't be bothered reading.

Says it all really.

Oh, and, just by the way, if Israel say they are not willing to sign up to a cease fire where they don't get to continue bombing and sending troops and tanks into Rafah, then it is not a cease fire is it? You see, and I don't quite know why I have to explain this but whatevs, a cease fire means everyone ceases firing, not just one of the protagonists. I thought that was obvious, clearly not for some.

DS
Facts can be hard...

This is the same dead end we have seen before.

We know the Israeli govt doesn’t really want a ceasefire, they want to obliterate Gaza and take it over. We know that because that is what many of the govt members have said. So they wait for an excuse to not agree to it because they know that the dickheads who run Hamas will provide it for them, and they have.

The real victims are the vast majority of Gazans who want a ceasefire, caught in the middle of two groups of assholes, and completely powerless.

Peace requires someone to say stop, to say that the price of retaliation is too high compared with the benefits of peace, it always does. We don’t have that right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Geez, you are tedious Willo, you contribute nothing more than the Zionist talking points which I can read in the mainstream press every day.

Do you deny calling Sin a Hamas Sympathiser?

You accuse people who seek to explain what Hamas did and the context in which they attacked Israel as agreeing with what they stand for, you said "Oh so now you justify Hamas and by extension what they stand for." Do you deny saying this?

You also said "There are plenty of proHamas sympathisers and anti Jew/israeli on this board as well." Do you deny saying this?

Anyway, I have better things to do than to read your crap.

You need to learn the difference between anti-Zionist and anti-semitic, I know the Zionists strategically conflate the two but that is a propaganda tool. You also need to learn the difference between Israel and Jews, I know the Zionists try and claim that they are one and the same, and call any Jews critical of Israel self-haters, but that too is a propaganda tool, and a particularly loathsome propaganda tool at that.

Meanwhile the supposedly democratic state of Israel is busy banning the press they don;t like, chucking Al-Jazeera out of Israel so they cannot report from Israel. Yep, such an open and honest mob they are, they expel the messenger.

DS

Geez, you are tedious Willo, you contribute nothing more than the Zionist talking points which I can read in the mainstream press every day.

You accuse people who seek to explain what Hamas did and the context in which they attacked Israel as agreeing with what they stand for, you said "Oh so now you justify Hamas and by extension what they stand for." Do you deny saying this?

You also said "There are plenty of proHamas sympathisers and anti Jew/israeli on this board as well." Do you deny saying this?

You need to learn the difference between anti-Zionist and anti-semitic, I know the Zionists strategically conflate the two but that is a propaganda tool. You also need to learn the difference between Israel and Jews, I know the Zionists try and claim that they are one and the same, and call any Jews critical of Israel self-haters, but that too is a propaganda tool, and a particularly loathsome propaganda tool at that.

Meanwhile the supposedly democratic state of Israel is busy banning the press they don;t like, chucking Al-Jazeera out of Israel so they cannot report from Israel. Yep, such an open and honest mob they are, they expel the messenger.

DS
Go away.

• Haha
Yet here you are again. You mean like every other article or clip that is posted on here. Even by yourself. What a hypocrite
And you keep coming back, time and t8me again.

Oh hello, you must have gone back over my previous posts. Just to justify the lies you keep spreading. It didn’t work out for you did it.
No I don’t. Obviously you missed the reply to your previous lie that I called him a terrorist. Which said I hadn’t.
so now we have proof of you lies.

No I don’t deny it. I said I own wha5 I write or say.
The context of that was if someone is making excuses for what Hamas did on October 7 is complicit .
The actual statement was.. if some says they don’t condone what Hamas did BUT. The BUT gives it away. Go back and read some more.
Hence if you excuse it, you have sympathy with them. Is that easy enough for you to understand?
No of course I don’t deny it. I said it, I own it. Obviously it’s hard to get through to what that actually means.
More proof you’ve spent some time going back over my posts. Good to see. Now you’ve refreshed your memory and know where to look, you won’t have to make up more lies about what I post.
*smile* me! You call me tedious. This thread will run for thousands of pages if you want to cut every statement I made and whether I did or deny saying it.
I’ll say it again. If you read that I wrote it, I won’t deny it. Is that simple enough for you toco,pretend? If it’s not get Sin or little k3 or someone to explain it to you.
What an hoot that is. Everyone who reads this thread knows you don’t read too well, that why you miss so much and make up lies to make up for it.
Obviously you don’t. Another lie. You’re good at telling them, you’d near be a professional. Politician, car salesman, surely not, a dumb lawyer. They make a decent living telling so many lives. You’d be a shoe in.
You need to learn the difference between anti-Zionist and anti-semitic,
I’m always open to learning. That’s one of the differences between us. I’m willing to listen and learn. You’re a know all who is too ignorant to think anyone else who has a different opinion to you knows nothing.
You need to learn the difference between writing truth and lies
I know the Zionists strategically conflate the two but that is a propaganda tool. You also need to learn the difference between Israel and Jews, I know the Zionists try and claim that they are one and the same, and call any Jews critical of Israel self-haters, but that too is a propaganda tool, and a particularly loathsome propaganda tool at that.
Ho hum. Hamas and Palestinians. Hezbollah and Palestinians. Anti Hamas Palestinians. Arab Israelis.
Yeah, so loathsome. So hypocritical. So predictable.
Ah yes Al Jezeera, that independent source of truth. Owned by a muslims who help fund Hamas. What a joke.
Oh no, so you don’t want read anymore of my posts.
Whatever will I do?
But I’m betting you‘ll be back in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.