Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Israel acknowledged Palestine's right to exist yet?

Oh, sorry, they don't have to follow the rules do they.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm...the Israeli Govt have a lot to answer for

Blocked and can't access the article,but just from the headline and first couple of sentences on display. Reckon this wouldn't be the first time that various Governments n leaders have dismissed or ignored all the warning signs over the years. Diplomats, Analaysts, Governments and general Pocket Pissers have generally either missed, *smile* up or simply manipulated most of the *smile* fights since humans got civilised.

Blocked and can't access the article,but just from the headline and first couple of sentences on display. Reckon this wouldn't be the first time that various Governments n leaders have dismissed or ignored all the warning signs over the years. Diplomats, Analaysts, Governments and general Pocket Pissers have generally either missed, *smile* up or simply manipulated most of the *smile* fights since humans got civilised.
Yeah I have not subscribed to the theory that this was some sort of conspiracy by the Israeli government, which has been put forward by a few.
I do subscribe though to the fact that this has been an almighty *smile* up by the Israelis. Something went seriously wrong not just with ignoring the warnings but also the fact that so many of them got into Israel, with vehicles as well.

I can't see why Israel would let this happen, that is fanciful. Ignoring intelligence, yeah, plenty of governments do that. But, for the life of me, I don't get how Hamas could mount the attack given this is one of the most well surveilled borders in the world, it does need an explanation.

DS

I can't see why Israel would let this happen, that is fanciful. Ignoring intelligence, yeah, plenty of governments do that. But, for the life of me, I don't get how Hamas could mount the attack given this is one of the most well surveilled borders in the world, it does need an explanation.

DS
They mighta simply got a little complacent after all the recent peaceful agreements with various Arabic territories and a tad busy and distracted by all the internal ructions going on the last few months prior to the *smile* hitting the fan.
Probably thought Hamas wasn't really capable of putting together such a large scale sneak attack instead of their usual niggling and sniping. Israelis simply looked the wrong way n sucked in a couple of deep breaths before resetting or thought they could get away with a quick nap attack while no-one was looking and Hamas went *smile* gotcha *smile*, now wear this.

They mighta simply got a little complacent after all the recent peaceful agreements with various Arabic territories and a tad busy and distracted by all the internal ructions going on the last few months prior to the *smile* hitting the fan.
Probably thought Hamas wasn't really capable of putting together such a large scale sneak attack instead of their usual niggling and sniping. Israelis simply looked the wrong way n sucked in a couple of deep breaths before resetting or thought they could get away with a quick nap attack while no-one was looking and Hamas went *smile* gotcha *smile*, now wear this.
Doesn't explain how long it took them to react and how poor the response was whilst it was happening.

Yeah I have not subscribed to the theory that this was some sort of conspiracy by the Israeli government, which has been put forward by a few.
I do subscribe though to the fact that this has been an almighty *smile* up by the Israelis. Something went seriously wrong not just with ignoring the warnings but also the fact that so many of them got into Israel, with vehicles as well.

Yeah I agree it was most likely complacency, but as usual with most wars this is also a propoganda war, remember Hamas chopped babies heads off, that when questioned the Israelis admitted was false.

I just can't get my head around the number of Hamas terrorists that got into Israel and the damage they caused, it just doesn't make sense. 1500 heavily armed terrorists, roaming around Israel for 6 hours (remember this was planned too, so they would have had plans where to attack) and yet they kill only 1200 Israelis and kidnap 200 more. During the same time period, a crazy guy in the US (as usual) went on a rampage and killed something like 20 people in 15 minutes.

Either they were the most useless terrorists (remember armed with semi automatic weapons and grenades at the very least) and in a 6 hour period, killed or kidnapped less than 1 Israeli each?? or as I suspect the attack was performed by a much smaller force than has been widely reported, which makes it much easier to subscribe to the complacency theory anyway, as its much harder to see small scale incursions across the border than the size that has been reported.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I agree it was most likely complacency, but as usual with most wars this is also a propoganda war, remember Hamas chopped babies heads off, that when questioned the Israelis admitted was false.

I just can't get my head around the number of Hamas terrorists that got into Israel and the damage they caused, it just doesn't make sense. 1500 heavily armed terrorists, roaming around Israel for 6 hours (remember this was planned too, so they would have had plans where to attack) and yet they kill only 1200 Israelis and kidnap 200 more. During the same time period, a crazy guy in the US (as usual) went on a rampage and killed something like 20 people in 15 minutes.

Either they were the most useless terrorists (remember armed with semi automatic weapons and grenades at the very least) and in a 6 hour period, killed or kidnapped less than 1 Israeli each?? or as I suspect the attack was performed by a much smaller force than has been widely reported, which makes it much easier to subscribe to the complacency theory anyway, as its much harder to see small scale incursions across the border than the size that has been reported.
Probably more than half of those raiders weren't trained terrorists, just a mob of angry local yahoos more used to firing their guns in the air to celebrate a chance to go on the rampage n join in the fun for a few hours.

Israel had Hamas's plans but considered it to difficult for Hamas to achieve so now we have the bloodshed.

An article in The Age today talked of Hamas taking out some of the surveillance equipment and the automatic machine guns with drones. That is the first time I have seen a sensible, if partial, explanation for how Hamas could have pulled off such an attack. But, as Posh points out, how was the response so slow?

Weird.

DS

Blowing up Palestinian children resumes.

At the start of the war Israel told Palestinians to go to Khan Yunus and now they are blowing it to pieces. They told them to flee to the south and they are bombing the south of Gaza as well.
This is genocide. It has to stop

• Angry
At the start of the war Israel told Palestinians to go to Khan Yunus and now they are blowing it to pieces. They told them to flee to the south and they are bombing the south of Gaza as well.
This is genocide. It has to stop
Khan Yunus is where Hamas is so that is why Israel is attacking it..

This is genocide no doubt. Israel might aswell drop an atom bomb and get it over and done with. The US can show them how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.