Palestine and Israel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Palestine and Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
They are not going to stop and every government that does not put pressure on them to stop is now culpable, including Australia. I am so disappointed in the Labor Party. The ALP of my youth would be standing up to this, no matter the political consequences, but that ALP is gone.

Reactions: 3 users
They are not going to stop and every government that does not put pressure on them to stop is now culpable, including Australia. I am so disappointed in the Labor Party. The ALP of my youth would be standing up to this, no matter the political consequences, but that ALP is gone.
Urr Sin cast your mind back to WW2. As you know Hitlers Germany invaded Poland & Italy's Mussolini foolishly joined him. Now to defeat these two despots one aspect was to carpet bomb cities by UK's Bomber Command & USAF. Civilian casualties were horrific but unfortunately that is fortunes of war. These planes were crewed by all Commonwealth nations & maybe one of your forefathers participated in these raids. Now we have the Gaza lot & to root out & destroy Hamas hiding among the civilian population Israel there is going to be civilian casualties. It is not genocide it is war. Blame Hamas as they did not stay their side of the fence. Hamas did care one iota what the Palestinian population would endure by crossing the fence.

Urr Sin cast your mind back to WW2. As you know Hitlers Germany invaded Poland & Italy's Mussolini foolishly joined him. Now to defeat these two despots one aspect was to carpet bomb cities by UK's Bomber Command & USAF. Civilian casualties were horrific but unfortunately that is fortunes of war. These planes were crewed by all Commonwealth nations & maybe one of your forefathers participated in these raids. Now we have the Gaza lot & to root out & destroy Hamas hiding among the civilian population Israel there is going to be civilian casualties. It is not genocide it is war. Blame Hamas as they did not stay their side of the fence. Hamas did care one iota what the Palestinian population would endure by crossing the fence.

Are you seriously comparing Hamas to Hitler and Mussolini!!!

Albo is losing alot of his support base with this issue and is following the footsteps of the war criminal John Howard in this regard. He showed alot of compassion during the voice referendum but unfortunately doesn't have the backbone to go against his masters.

After the war was over thousands and thousands of Jews travelled to Palestine and in 1948 they cast out 750,000 Palestinians from their homes and created what is now the Jewish state. Those Palestinians are the relatives of many who are in Jordon but also those who live in the West Bank and Gaza as well as in East Jerusalem.
The fence was not their fence it was a fence put up by the Israelis essentially punishing Palestinians for the sins of the Europeans.
It was called the Naqba, learn some history and then you can comment.
Your complete disregard for human life is disturbing , especially innocent human life.

Reactions: 3 users
These Houthi Rebels are becoming a problem as far as the conflict widening. The U.S wont let them shoot at there ships or cargo vessel's for to long without sending a bunch of Tomahawks there way.

After the war was over thousands and thousands of Jews travelled to Palestine and in 1948 they cast out 750,000 Palestinians from their homes and created what is now the Jewish state. Those Palestinians are the relatives of many who are in Jordon but also those who live in the West Bank and Gaza as well as in East Jerusalem.
The fence was not their fence it was a fence put up by the Israelis essentially punishing Palestinians for the sins of the Europeans.
It was called the Naqba, learn some history and then you can comment.
Your complete disregard for human life is disturbing , especially innocent human life.
I repeat the issue is what is occuring now not last century or centuries beyond that. Hitler Mussolini Hamas all tarred with the same brush.

These Houthi Rebels are becoming a problem as far as the conflict widening. The U.S wont let them shoot at there ships or cargo vessel's for to long without sending a bunch of Tomahawks there way.
Perhaps the US should take their aircraft carriers home and call for peace.

This has the potential to escalate out of control very quickly with China, Russia, Nth Korea, Iran all allegedly providing weapons and missiles to Hezbollah, Yemen, and groups in Syria and Iraq. A number of illegal US bases in Syria and Iraq have already been attacked the past few weeks.
Hopefully sanity prevails.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I repeat the issue is what is occuring now not last century or centuries beyond that. Hitler Mussolini Hamas all tarred with the same brush.
I have decided to put you on ignore Tigaman.

Essentially what you are saying is that the issue that causes the conflict is not the issue. o_O

As someone once said, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you

Reactions: 1 users

Ironically the appeasement that most western nations have shown to Israel over the last 70 years align Israel more with Hitler than Hamas.

No idea why you seem to think Hamas are similar to Hitler or Mussolini. Comparing them to the Viet Kong is probably more realistic.

Essentially what you are saying is that the issue that causes the conflict is not the issue. o_O

As someone once said, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you
I've decided to ignore him completely. His comments use to infuriate and sadden me, now I just realise he's most likely a sad, lonely, old, ignorant RWNJ.

My parents in their 80s are similar, and I use to argue with them until I realised that they won't change. I ignore what they say and change the subject...let them enjoy their twilight years without me getting in their face. Besides, that generation is dying out, similar to the old white Republicans in the US.

I like how Ricky Gervais deals with the vicious comments he receives on Twitter: “It’s like someone who lives in a bin shouting at you". He has no desire to be complicit in the hounding of a vulnerable person.

Reactions: 5 users
This is Khaled. He's been my company's web developer for the last 5 years. In that time, we were probably in touch 5 days a week. He's a friend. I haven't heard from him in over 2 weeks.

Khaled.jpg

Up until October 7th, Khaled lived in the north of Gaza with his sister and elderly mother. His neighbourhood was too dangerous, so he moved to central Gaza.

When the IDF started bombing central Gaza, he moved again to Southern Gaza.

This is now his kitchen:

IMG-20231120-WA0003 (1).jpg

This is a WhatsApp chat we had on November 9th:

2023-12-04 17.48.13.jpg

My last contact with him was on November 20th when he told me that it's hard to get food and water, no fuel. He signed off with "Life is very difficult".

Life is very difficult. Puts things in perspective doesn't it. The next time your car breaks down, you miss that flight, the Tiges get beaten, interest rates rise again, you have a fight with the missus...think of Khaled and you'll realise how bloody lucky you are.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Civilian atrocities seem to be the norm for the human race. Mores the pity.
Land, religion, power. All the mad bastards, arms dealers, global corporations need the finger pointed at them publicly.
The UN is nothing but a waste of money and resources. They couldn’t stop 2 fleas fighting.

And pity the 300,000— 500,000 Syrians killed over the last decade.
Hardly any mention of them. Millions displaced and living in refugee camps.

Why does the Palestinian conflict get so much attention and sympathy when other conflicts show the death tolls there are far more?
Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Myanmar, Ethiopia among some of the most deadly. Some Central and South American countries suffering. Where does it end?

Maybe we need a thread for each conflict to highlight the suffering, all the issues, death tolls, who wears the white hats and who wears the black hats.
Humans really are -a mob of selfish and deadly to others -pricks of the highest order.

Civilian atrocities seem to be the norm for the human race. Mores the pity.
Land, religion, power. All the mad bastards, arms dealers, global corporations need the finger pointed at them publicly.
The UN is nothing but a waste of money and resources. They couldn’t stop 2 fleas fighting.

And pity the 300,000— 500,000 Syrians killed over the last decade.
Hardly any mention of them. Millions displaced and living in refugee camps.

Why does the Palestinian conflict get so much attention and sympathy when other conflicts show the death tolls there are far more?
Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Myanmar, Ethiopia among some of the most deadly. Some Central and South American countries suffering. Where does it end?

Maybe we need a thread for each conflict to highlight the suffering, all the issues, death tolls, who wears the white hats and who wears the black hats.
Humans really are -a mob of selfish and deadly to others -pricks of the highest order.
Yes not every conflict is treated or reported equally, but a couple of comments on this
1. More children have been killed in Gaza since the Israeli bombing started than have been killed in Ukraine since the start of the war
2. Black hats and white hats are for the Old American westerns. The world is far more complex than that and being able to label sides as “goodies and baddies” is almost impossible now.
In the end I want to be on the side of innocent people, they are who need to be protected. Every human has equal value, that’s a good place to start.

Reactions: 2 users
Humanities got enough Nukes. We could solve all the worlds problems with about thirty minutes of fancy fireworks. Sadly though humanity thinks it's spectacular n specially privileged instead of realising the we are actually the root cause of all the worlds problems.

Yes not every conflict is treated or reported equally, but a couple of comments on this
1. More children have been killed in Gaza since the Israeli bombing started than have been killed in Ukraine since the start of the war
2. Black hats and white hats are for the Old American westerns. The world is far more complex than that and being able to label sides as “goodies and baddies” is almost impossible now.
In the end I want to be on the side of innocent people, they are who need to be protected. Every human has equal value, that’s a good place to start.
'
" Every human has equal value " Wot rot !! You are quoting for eg a murderous Hamas has equal value on this earth & has the same value as you & I ". If the murderous Hamas & I stood before The God Almighty at the same time I am sure the God Almighty was on a binge if he evaluated the two of us on equal terms.
I've decided to ignore him completely. His comments use to infuriate and sadden me, now I just realise he's most likely a sad, lonely, old, ignorant RWNJ.

My parents in their 80s are similar, and I use to argue with them until I realised that they won't change. I ignore what they say and change the subject...let them enjoy their twilight years without me getting in their face. Besides, that generation is dying out, similar to the old white Republicans in the US.

I like how Ricky Gervais deals with the vicious comments he receives on Twitter: “It’s like someone who lives in a bin shouting at you". He has no desire to be complicit in the hounding of a vulnerable person.
Pathetic !!

Hes the only poster I have ever put on ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.