Patrick Naish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Naish

Hope so DDT.

Would rather others before Naishy.

Mixture of talls- back, forward, tall mid , Ruck & Naish.

Back
Forward
Tall midfielder
Rick
Naish

We're good for tall backs rance astbury grimes broad garthwaite.

Need a tall forward or 2

Ruck? Wouldn't waste an early pick on one.

Otherwise think we're good in all areas.

Best available please.

Callum Twomey seems to be the most keen on Naish, regularly picking him in the top 16.
Most other phantom drafters have him mid 20’s plus.

Here’s the thing.

I hope we get him after 25 but that he’s a genuine top 10 in reality.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Callum Twomey seems to be the most keen on Naish, regularly picking him in the top 16.
Most other phantom drafters have him mid 20’s plus.

Here’s the thing.

I hope we get him after 25 but that he’s a genuine top 10 in reality.

be careful what you wish for .

Naish going straight after 25 will mean our 2nd round pick in a very strong draft in 2018 may drop up to 10 places

just saying

nikolasmia said:

Naish going straight after 25 will mean our 2nd round pick in a very strong draft in 2018 may drop up to 10 places

just saying
There's plenty of quality in this draft, Nikolasmia. Good problem to have.

nikolasmia said:

just saying
Matching a bid at pick 26 will result in using 53 and 55 and going into a 92 point deficit in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft. If we finish top 4 next year, its a drop of between 5-6 places.

We also get another pick at the end of this years draft to replace the two (53 & 55) used on a matched bid between 26 and 30. Matching a bid after 30 will put that pick into the bottom of the
4th round.

If the bid comes in at 29 or after, our 2018 2nd round pick wont be affected.

nikolasmia said:

just saying

Only if we have to match a bid

nikolasmia said:

just saying
Is a very strong draft a very deep draft? Moving back a bit then shouldn’t hurt too much.

JoMamma said:
Matching a bid at pick 26 will result in using 53 and 55 and going into a 92 point deficit in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft. If we finish top 4 next year, its a drop of between 5-6 places.

We also get another pick at the end of this years draft to replace the two (53 & 55) used on a matched bid between 26 and 30. Matching a bid after 30 will put that pick into the bottom of the
4th round.

If the bid comes in at 29 or after, our 2018 2nd round pick wont be affected.

As I understand it , rules have changed and we will
Not get another pick on the 4th round

Article in the HUN about Naish getting contested pos rate below 30%. hopefully this scares Clubs off from an early bid.

nikolasmia said:
As I understand it , rules have changed and we will
Not get another pick on the 4th round

Rules haven't changed in that the two picks #53 and #55 lose all point value but do not disappear. They move to the end of the draft order and we can still use them if we have spots open.

In addition we still have pick #73 to use or pass and use it in pre season draft or not use it and open up another pick in the rookie draft

Jonesracing82 said:
Article in the HUN about Naish getting contested pos rate below 30%. hopefully this scares Clubs off from an early bid.

This is where guys like Aish & Toumpas were operating. It's actually a dangerous territory with Gaff being one of the few success stories in the first round. You pretty much want to ensure you've got pace or a phenomenal tank.

This talk of Steele is a little OTT

Steele is a genuine inside outside midfielder . Gets about 9 CP a game and 3-4 clearances.

Naish will only ever be an outside midfielder or a forward.

They are not very similar players at all.

nikolasmia said:
This talk of Steele is a little OTT

Steele is a genuine inside outside midfielder . Gets about 9 CP a game and 3-4 clearances.

Naish will only ever be an outside midfielder or a forward.

They are not very similar players at all.

Yeah, not similar in the slightest. Sidebottom also ran a 16 beep. Think we need to start looking at players like Kade Simpson and working from there.

On the surface I still have no idea why he is on the Tigers radar - it is not an area we are short of options - can he turn into a tackling machine - is he that quick to break open games - yet to be convinced but I am no expert. Hope we get 3 good players (at least 2 talls) then Naish if we have to.