Patrick Naish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Naish

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Blind Turn said:
Not that it means anything but our recruitment manager firmly believes that Prestia is a top 5 A grade talent at our club and will produce. Straight from the source!
kidding himself.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Blind Turn said:
Not that it means anything but our recruitment manager firmly believes that Prestia is a top 5 A grade talent at our club and will produce. Straight from the source!

Prestia is a wonderful talent but IMO pick 6 was perhaps too high a price to pay. Decisions like this one make or break careers.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Blind Turn said:

I guess that means that Prestia, who has been on a modified training program since arriving at the club and having missed the last two games will come straight back in when he's fit.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Getting back to Naish. Heard a good report on him kicking a bag of goals in a school footy game very recently.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
leon said:
Getting back to Naish. Heard a good report on him kicking a bag of goals in a school footy game very recently.

Yes kicked 7. But the report was a bit over the top IMO. These top draft prospects should be dominating school footy, shouldn't they? I'm more interested in what he does in the U/18 Nat Champs and, to a lesser extent, TAC footy.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
by the sounds of things we may end up with 3 Naish brothers at Richmond over the next 1-3 years. Just need one to be come a star, no pressure. :p

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Blind Turn said:

he is if he gets back to full fitness, has looked underdone so far this year.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
If he wasnt father and son ,out of curiosity , what pick ( approx ) would you expect him to go in the draft ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
BrisTiger24 said:
Yes kicked 7. But the report was a bit over the top IMO. These top draft prospects should be dominating school footy, shouldn't they? I'm more interested in what he does in the U/18 Nat Champs and, to a lesser extent, TAC footy.
Yeah this, An article in the HS a week ago where Peter Daicos's son kicked 12 goals. But still good to see Naishy dominate where he should.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
kiwitiger said:
If he wasnt father and son ,out of curiosity , what pick ( approx ) would you expect him to go in the draft ?

He'll go at pretty much the same pick he would have gone at if he weren't father/son, kiwi. Only one club is a conspicuous non-bidder and that's the incumbent.

For the sake of history at exactly the same pick. It's best to take that as read. By and large.

Nobody who has a job in the industry bids on a player they don't want. Not even Dadoro. Nor do they miss the chance to bid on one they do want.

Whatever pick he goes at is where he would have gone. Anything other view is sophistry. Or conspiracy theories about draft tampering that even if true the impact negligibly. Or stupid people at clubs pretending to be clever. (See Dadoro again.)

Where Naish is drafted is where he was going to be drafted if he weren't father/son. Same with academy players.

The father/son or academy player lurk is about right of refusal and the discount/value in the points system.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
kiwitiger said:
There was a link posted a couple of pages ago. Half a dozen top thirty lists from a group of supposed experts, draft central or something. They had young Naishy from variously thirteen to about twenty eight pick. If he stays around the late first rounder to early second, he'll fall nicely for us with our Father son discount.

E

easy_tiger

BrisTiger24 said:

yes, but you can only dominate so much.

Cyril once kicked 10 in a school game.

7 from the middle is just as good IMO.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Coming up on Future Stars soon on 9 today

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
kiwitiger said:

I have him in the 15-25 range at the moment. Still very outside and this is where players of his ilk tend to go. Should avoid any early bidding with our first rounders.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
bullus_hit said:
I have him in the 15-25 range at the moment. Still very outside and this is where players of his ilk tend to go. Should avoid any early bidding with our first rounders.
You sure BH?

Some are saying he is pushing top 10.

Not as outside as you are suggesting. Has improved his inside game this year. Has also hit the gym and now getting some size into him.

I have heard a few experts on SEN who watch junior footy say this.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Only just caught the tail-end on Future Stars; saw his Dad and a bit of Patrick live. He looks very, very lean and light.

Did anyone seeing more pick up any details of performances, from highlights etc? Anyway seemed keen to come to Tigers. (poor kid)

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
You sure BH?

Some are saying he is pushing top 10.

Not as outside as you are suggesting. Has improved his inside game this year. Has also hit the gym and now getting some size into him.

I have heard a few experts on SEN who watch junior footy say this.

Very strong top dozen, talls will be a priority for many clubs.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
bullus_hit said:

How does he compare to say...Menadue?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Barnzy said:
How does he compare to say...Menadue?

Much more composed, better in traffic, much better kick.

Not as quick. I prefer Naish. 15-30 range at this stage.