Patrick Naish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Naish

E

easy_tiger

Mr Brightside said:
Obviously not much was expected of Naish this year, however I think his shown some very good signs in his first VFL year, I don’t think his got any elite traits, however looks a very good all round footballer with a few tricks, once the tank and body builds he could possibly be a handy utility type

on the vfl highlights, he seems to cover the ground in a fairly elite way?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Would you say he's tracking similarly to Markov at the same stage?
I think Markov had a better first year then Naish, he was a year older then Naish is in his first year I think and had already played against men so I think he is a bit more advanced.

easy said:
on the vfl highlights, he seems to cover the ground in a fairly elite way?
Defiantly covers the ground well et, however VFL tempo and gut running is a fair way off AFL level, I like Naish I think his got a very good footy head on his shoulders an like I said a lot of good attributes , I just don’t think any of it’s in the elite category

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Another good game yesterday , I think Naish is going to be better then our list of fringies like Ellis and Menadue

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
toothless said:
Today had 32 possessions, 10 marks, and 10 handball receives

Have Ellis or Menadue ever done this at VFL level?

Buying as much Naish stock as I can. Huge signs.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
SCOOP said:

Great to see and another thing for us to look forward to.

I will be interested to see how he goes in a more competitive game where it is a bit more of a close slog so we can get a better guide on how he is tracking.

Keep,it up Naishy

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
SCOOP said:

Those two certainly weren't showing those signs this early.

I think everyone's issue with Naishy was his low contested ball count at u18 level. Has this improved? We may have our next true wingman, an area we definitely could use an upgrade in.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
toothless said:
Today had 32 possessions, 10 marks, and 10 handball receives

Thats a fantastic result for Naish, Hope he keeps working hard and has a big big pre season and puts himself up next year to really jump up a level and become a player for his beloved tigers.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Obviously has a long way still to go, however I think Naish is showing the benefit of been able to do an apprenticeship down back, with his natural attacking flair it’s a great way to round out his game.

I believe Patrick’s 2 brothers are fairly handy too, with the youngest (13) having a fair bit of **** ( mongrel) about him, also has a bit more size about him, his uncle would be 6”4

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Great signs over the past month. Yesterday was relatively easy pickings for the backs though.

Naish, Short, Houli? Hmm.

Houli would want to get his old legs right in a hurry as the cavalry are coming for his spot.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
turk-d-tiger said:
I would be happy to trade Brandon Ellis and send his brother with him as steak knives

Not sure he's even steak knives, maybe more like plastic cutlery.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Great signs over the past month. Yesterday was relatively easy pickings for the backs though.

Houli would want to get his old legs right in a hurry as the cavalry are coming for his spot.

Agree. Bachar is under the pump. .

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

Is Naish the reason we are happy to leave Short uncontracted? Do we see Naish as a cheaper version of the same player?

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Baloo said:
I don't think we're happy to leave Short uncontracted.

I love Shorty but the longer he goes without a new contract the more likely he might start looking at offers from other clubs. The season he is having I'm sure his manager is fielding some pretty good offers from other clubs.

It doesn't help when media commentators are saying that Richmond has signed all those they want to keep and are keeping the rest on hold pending the Tom Lynch decision.

That's why I asked the question about Short not being a priority and Naish potentially stepping into his role.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Shorty has a new contract in front of him, he just thinks it's unders and wants to back himself in and prove his worth. Good on him i say.