Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He's so exciting to watch. A point of difference.
Sure his disposal can be a bit off at times (but so can Cotch's, Shank's , even Dusty use to miss targets) but the great thing about Shai is he's a genuine attacking game breaker & play maker. With creativity comes the odd error but I hope he keeps taking it on cause it's magic.
Hopefully now a permanent fixture in the midfield.
He is becoming a clearance machine.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ripper game by Shai, kid's developing into one hell of a player. Almost looks like he forgets to stop dancing sometimes when he goes for his kicks, just seems to be a touch off balance at times. Not many players in the comp that can somehow appear to be going in three directions all at the same time n then still get through traffic.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He is such a better player in the centre bounces IMHO.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Ripper game by Shai, kid's developing into one hell of a player. Almost looks like he forgets to stop dancing sometimes when he goes for his kicks, just seems to be a touch off balance at times. Not many players in the comp that can somehow appear to be going in three directions all at the same time n then still get through traffic.
Rubber Man.
I’d actually pay to go and watch players like him from opposition clubs. But there are none.
Just an unbelievable talent.
Unique.

Reactions: 3 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Ibe never been a huge fan of his foot skills, however thought that was a superb first up midfield game after a break out year, other then Dreamtime last year I’d say that was his best game

his second half in the 20GF was enormous. Based on the importance of that game, I reckon that was better than this game, despite having more possies here.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SUPERSTAR for me, surprise, surprise:cool:
:eek: :mhihiThe other thing is , we all class “ superstars “ differently , i class superstars as pretty much the modern word for champion , so I’d probably only have 10 in the league, others would have 50, fact is hisbloody good and his ours

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
his second half in the 20GF was enormous. Based on the importance of that game, I reckon that was better than this game, despite having more possies here.
That’s a great point Mac, ” his second half” that’s what weve seen from Shai and so many other young star for years , they play great cameos, then great halves and then great games then great seasons, I thought that was Shais finest four quarter performance, next step same again next week

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Hard-working.
Does all the extras.

Early in the match he seemed a little impatient to impose his talent on the game. He wasn't dominating, and this seemed to frustrate him. Superstars believe they should be dominating. But he kept working, working, and working until he was consistently influencing contests later in the game.

There's a lot of gifted players who only ever show glimpses. Shai's prepared thoroughly every preseason and gone above that category of footballer. And since Indigenous players have a history of being described as magical, freakish, or having some kind of innate physical ability that doesn't require hard work, I think it's important to recognise the work ethic responsible for his performance.

I have a good feeling he'll work as hard as possible to close the gap between himself and his model for greatness, Dusty.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Will be interesting to see what his next contract will look like. He will be leaving a lot of money on the table staying with us. I really rate Shai. So much so I backed him for the Brownlow.

Reactions: 2 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
That’s a great point Mac, ” his second half” that’s what weve seen from Shai and so many other young star for years , they play great cameos, then great halves and then great games then great seasons, I thought that was Shais finest four quarter performance, next step same again next week
Fair enough! :)

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Will be interesting to see what his next contract will look like. He will be leaving a lot of money on the table staying with us. I really rate Shai. So much so I backed him for the Brownlow.
When is his next contract due? He’s a must keep for me, he’ll be the best of his generation.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Sublime last quarter by Bolton helped us get over the line. Hard to believe Blues were within 5 points with 5 minutes to go. We looked much fitter. A win is a win.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Out of our injury woes early last season we have found two real players of our future in Bolton and Balta. For young kids they have matured incredibly quickly and easily amongst our best