Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
So apparently you can tackle Shai. Who knew? On the end of a couple of beauties.
Not at his best but still contributed & dangerous as ever.
Those tackles were more dangerous than the ones we were called on. Grabbing a jumper and slinging shouldn't be deemed a tackle.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Has given Ralph the punt and signed on with a WA based manager, should we be nervous?
No. Heard from another AFL player manager that his negotiation style annoys his players. He string’s everything out, creates doubt etc.. when for the most part the player wants a smooth negotiation process without too much media. Clubs and player managers know the real value of a player and it’s usually just the fine points of a contract that take time. Ralph makes everything a drama.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He wont leave. Said he does miss family in WA but he loves it too much at Tigerland to leave.
Think there is a good bond of players at the club.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He wont leave. Said he does miss family in WA but he loves it too much at Tigerland to leave.
Think there is a good bond of players at the club.
This is from the May 18 2022 interview with Shai posted a page or two back in this thread:

Bolton has not forgotten his roots — far from it — and family and culture remain an important part of his life.

However, he is now happily settled in Melbourne with his partner Hasina and last year inked a two-year contract extension with the Tigers until the end of 2023.

“I think staying in Melbourne you appreciate home more,” Bolton said.

“I didn’t really want to go back, to be honest. I like my life over here and my partner likes it here. My family come over when they can so I get to see them. There hasn’t really been any homesickness or anything. I just want to play at Richmond.”

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I'm positive the opening line here contains. ..... "Shai, I love you so, I don't want you to go "

So as contract negotiations ramp up.... I wanna see @caesar & The Sunshine Band serenading their man!

An AC/DC type flatbed Punt Rd drive by should get it done:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can someone please teach Shai how to give the ball back properly? FMD he concedes a 50m penalty every week

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The worst snap shot in the side. Kicks the ball way too high on snaps, rarely kicks them.
An off night for the burgeoning champ.

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Consistency is Shais biggest problem. He goes from being the Dusty heir to the Castagna heir in a week. Hopefully with age that inconsistency margin gets smaller

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
On a positive note, Ralph Malph said Bolts is gonna be a papa in August. You'd think he'd settle here now.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jon Ralph reckons he spoke to his new manager who said he sees no reason for Shai to be leaving. As long as he’s paid properly, he’ll likely stay. Very happy at Richmond, very settled, partner has a kid on the way etc.

Given its Ralph should we be worried ?

Reactions: 1 user