Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
TOT70 said:
I would not be surprised if he starts out as a small forward but ends up playing as an outside mid or even in that loose man across half back role that we wanted Yarran to play.

Looks a really good get.

I agree Tottie. Mouthwatering prospect.

E

easy_tiger

Just noticed $hai is in the Hall of Fame all time vertical jump, just below blokes like Jarred Brennan and Nic Nat.

This kids gonna get the turnstiles turning, even if Dimma parked him in the back pocket, which he wont.

TOT70 said:
I would not be surprised if he starts out as a small forward but ends up playing as an outside mid or even in that loose man across half back role that we wanted Yarran to play.

Looks a really good get.

I reckon he'll scorch a wing. Better than the hill bros do it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
caesar said:
For those that may be interested in viewing the AFL Draft Central assessments of Dan Rioli and Shai Bolton side by side it makes for interesting reading. Looking back you have to laugh that they said Dan needed to improve his defensive game. Wow! he was a chase down tackling machine and showed our more experienced players how it is done. Anyway looks like we have two highlight reels to look forward to not one.
PS: Dan was either 179 or 180cm when drafted depending on the source but what is a cm here or there.

https://afldraftcentral.com.au/2015/11/21/2015-draft-profile-daniel-rioli/

https://afldraftcentral.com.au/player/shai-bolton/

I reckon we should go for the trifecta and pick Liam Ryan, the kid can fly.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/11520/deppro-draft-watch-state-combine-results

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
easy said:
Just noticed $hai is in the Hall of Fame all time vertical jump, just below blokes like Jarred Brennan and Nic Nat.

This kids gonna get the turnstiles turning, even if Dimma parked him in the back pocket, which he wont.

I reckon he'll scorch a wing. Better than the hill bros do it.
Definitely more than just a small forward. Scorch is the word.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
We've robbed everyone blind with Bolton in the second round. There's a touch of Cyril about the kid. Incredible upside given his DOB too. He's 17...

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
easy said:
My whole weekend feels like a fiesta-type situation.

Mine too, ET. Cocktails on Friday, Beers last night and a cracking bottle of Shiraz tonight. Feels like the Tiges had a big win.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I agree his nickname could be 'lightning" but most will just call out "Shaiiiiii" and please give him 29 so we can see it on a top rover again.

If he does 'stand on heads' then perhaps not too often since we didn't see many high marking attempts in his various highlight videos.
He'll be fine because he is resilient, coming back from stress fractures in his back in 2015 shows discipline in rehab then was determined to play his best this year. He's more of a flashy player like Cyril who won't get 20+ possessions too often but he'll turn a game our way when we need it.

Jason Pedulla is Sth Fremantle player development manager. From AFL.com.au - 'Pedulla stressed to Bolton throughout the year to keep the natural flair in his game, but also to focus on doing the team things like chasing and pressuring the opposition.
"He needs to do the little things week in, week out and the flashy things are going to follow," Pedulla says.'
Here's the link it's a good read http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-15/he-does-things-ive-never-seen-why-shai-bolton-stands-out

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This was a really good year to get 'X' to the club

Rioli , Shai , Markov & Butler will really benefit from his experience

E

easy_tiger

CC TIGER said:
There's a good 7 minute highlight package on YouTube of Bolton , takes some good grabs

helluva reel CC.

A few observations that make me more excited than normal.

1. He is entirely duel sided.
2. When he takes a big grab, he lands on his feet
3. He pops goals through from 50 without a whole lot of exertion.
4 At 4.38, and then again at 5.10, his opponents around stoppages look like they are crying.
5. At 6.56, his evasive work is breathtaking

In traffic, he looks sooooo much like Jimmy Krakouer. Like Cyril, Hes only gonna have to get hold of the ball 15 times a game, but his numbers suggest over time he'll get it alot more than that.

I reckon in 2 years, there will be about 25 kids running around the AFL who shouldve/couldve been $hai Bolton.

Reactions: 1 user

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
easy said:
helluva reel CC.

A few observations that make me more excited than normal.

1. He is entirely duel sided.
2. When he takes a big grab, he lands on his feet
3. He pops goals through from 50 without a whole lot of exertion.
4 At 4.38, and then again at 5.10, his opponents around stoppages look like they are crying.
5. At 6.56, his evasive work is breathtaking

In traffic, he looks sooooo much like Jimmy Krakouer. Like Cyril, Hes only gonna have to get hold of the ball 15 times a game, but his numbers suggest over time he'll get it alot more than that.

I reckon in 2 years, there will be about 25 kids running around the AFL who shouldve/couldve been $hai Bolton.

Kicks one left footed snap hard up on the boundary line in the left footer's pocket and one right footed drop punt from the same spot in that highlight reel. Both sausage rolls.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Looks very coachable.

I'm sure he'all be moving slowly sideways before too long.

E

easy_tiger

Gypsy__Jazz said:
Kicks one left footed snap hard up on the boundary line in the left footer's pocket and one right footed drop punt from the same spot in that highlight reel. Both sausage rolls.

It feels like the christmas I got a dragster with a red sparkly banana seat and a 2ft sissy bar.