Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez David. Did you miss his finals in 2017? Or his efforts in the latter half of this year? When he's got rid of injury niggles n built some match condition he plays beast footy which was again highlighted by his performance against Carlscum. He's more than capable of plenty, nothing to be convinced about except a bit of consistency that has been caused by injury interruptions.
Fridge isn't n probably never will be a high possession mid, he's a defensive mid in that his first job is to tackle, harrass n pressure the opposition mids at ruck contests n the fall of the ball at marking contests. He's the main one forcing the opposition into dirty ball disposals at the clearances so that we can pounce on the rubbish n get our rebounding turn overs into space. Also proven to be more than capable of causing score board damage when he gets the sneaky opportunity to rummage around the forward line.

Yeah, probably coming across more negative than I really mean.

Wasn't so aware of the injuries, knew there were issues but not the specifics.

I'll watch and learn, he was magnificent in the 2017 Finals, seemed to be less prominent for a while, and last week was magnificent again.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This young fella is built for finals football. I thought he was absolutely one of our best.
Work rate was just huge & does so much of the dirty work that allows our other mids to flourish.
So important to the way we play.

Reactions: 16 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
82 pressure act points, the highest for the Tigers as usual. His form is super important for our game style in finals. Lost his way a little this season not helped by injury so great to see him back and firing.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
This young fella is built for finals football. I thought he was absolutely one of our best.
Work rate was just huge & does so much of the dirty work that allows our other mids to flourish.
So important to the way we play.

Agreed.

Graham is the Broady of the Midfield.

Does the unheralded work and often goes unnoticed by pundits and fans.

The MC notices though.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Very good game. Is running games out better and appears a little quicker.

Reactions: 4 users