Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If hes not playing inside and bashing and crashing opposition midfielders he doesnt have another role, he is not an outside player hes a inside or defensive midfielder and he does that job very well.

Hope he gets back to his very best because his very best is very important.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Three games ago this bloke performed one of the all time great acts of courage on an AFL field and sacrificed himself to help us win a flag.

I don't care if he goes out next week and lies on a banana lounge in the goalsquare, I'm still giving him another go.

He certainly did Large Son Of Bull.

Reactions: 1 user

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Thought he” looked sluggish , reckon he was watching the shoulder , lost a couple of crucial aerial contest I reckon he could have positioned himself better . Can play better and will be given another chance

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Three games ago this bloke performed one of the all time great acts of courage on an AFL field and sacrificed himself to help us win a flag.

I don't care if he goes out next week and lies on a banana lounge in the goalsquare, I'm still giving him another go.

Round 1 he might as well have been on a banana lounge such was his impact. Off the back of that game he’s already been afforded his second opportunity.

We start going backwards as a football club if we let an act, albeit brave, from 3 games ago dictate selection now. If he isn’t playing well enough he shouldn’t be picked. Simple as that.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I'm only half joking in the sense that he is clearly still coming to terms with playing with his shoulder issues. There were a couple of instances last night where he didn't extend and he needs some continuity to develop that, not two games three months apart.

If we can't give him a chance to build some confidence and form over a few games after what he did for us then I'd question what we stand for.

I disagree, as it doesn’t set the right example for the kids. Ross missed 2 flags last year while fully fit and would kill for Graham’s spot. If Graham’s shoulder isn’t right or his confidence isn’t there then he needs to be in the twos (whatever that is now.)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
If hes not playing inside and bashing and crashing opposition midfielders he doesnt have another role, he is not an outside player hes a inside or defensive midfielder and he does that job very well.

Hope he gets back to his very best because his very best is very important.

I've been a long time supporter of this bloke and will never say a bad word about him.
As you say Craig - his value has been at the contest and some of his pressure acts/point numbers (don't fully understand the stat) have been far above the average.
He's also shown value in the forward half but he doesn't really seem suited to a wing or back flank type role where he could be caught out one on one with an opponent.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Graham stays as he needs time to find form. We all know when in form he's best 22.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I didn't think he was anywhere near our worst. But he definitely wasn't the bull he usually is. Seems pretty obvious his shoulders are being protected. I'm concerned for his future, too many shoulder injuries particularly for the role he best plays.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
This is a really tough one. I seem to recall he lost some form in 2018 and then came back so his form can be variable. It was noticeable that he is not comfortable with his shoulder and not sure what can be done about that.

I really have trouble working out what to do, whether it would be better for him to play some matches at a lower level (scratch matches I suppose, no VFL is really bad) to gain confidence and form or whether to persist with him so he can gain confidence and form.

DS

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Love Fridge and what he brings defensively. He does need to get more of the ball though. Ross nipping at his heels imo.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Neither does Short :))

Can’t understand the love for Shorty.
Moves well, kicks like Geoff Raines but can’t defend, useless above his head and gets pushed around too easily.
What does he do better than Stack?
Probably a great trainer