Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Seriously though, spent the first four and a half years on the list as a defender. Hardwick gave him every opportunity, more than he deserved.
He was recruited as a forward/ruck, given plenty of opportunity down back, then for last couple of years was really given the easiest gig in football- a 3rd forward/2nd ruck- with minimal expectations, other than dont be hopeless. Unfortunately too often he was hopeless, mixed with a little bit of ok.

Hopefully this opportunity will be the making of him.

Reactions: 2 users
If he hasn’t cut the mustard by now he ain’t gunna. Hoping against hope. Another we’ll look back on and ask “8 years on the list and only 15 games?” (Or whatever it ends up being)

Miller has Balta esque capability, he just doesn't seem to want it enough.

He can leap tall midgets, burst away from packs, hoof the pill a mile and take a grab in the clouds. We have seen it.

We want more of it.

Reactions: 5 users
Believe Ben, believe, I believe you can be a good key defender, believe Ben.

Reactions: 1 user
He's 24 years old now.
He's got to get some *smile* in him!
We keep hopin' and wishin' but I just don't think it's in him.
One match they slap him round pre-game and he comes out with the required intensity, and the next five he's back to being the gentle lamb.
Ben is very likely a kind person and wonderful partner / father but perhaps not suited for the highly competitive game of AFL?
Still, like everyone else I'll be hoping that this week when he's called up his inner tiger is unleashed.
And stays that way.
2024 or never.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Blair’s worst List management decision keeping Miller as long as he has , yes he’s tall , yes he plays some decent footy at VFL level .imho should have been delisted after 3rd year at best , “ unsureness” in the air for a big bloke makes it near on impossible to make the grade . Think we got bluffed by a couple of handy games as back up ruck getting some easy touches around the ground . Obviously kept for theses break glass moments , however still see zero point in keeping a player on the list who cant do the job when it matters most .

The door will never be opened wider for Funky to groove his way through than right now. Gibber down for another season and Toby Tylar out with concussion.
Time to rock up Funky n bust every move you've got. As old mate Brucey Buffer would say. IIIIIIIiiiitttt's TIME.

• Haha
Miller has Balta esque capability
Yeah nah. Balta is an elite mark. Ben's weakness has always been in the air.

Marking is what we want to read. Big difference at AFL level though. After so many years on the list he should be eating up the VFL by now.

If only Ben would bring that game to the firsts. Reckon this week will be his chance so if it comes, I hope he wont blow it
It's not like we have 12 to choose from.
He will mostly likely come in and hopefully when he plays angry and losses that laconic style.

Reactions: 1 user