Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Great game by Miller against a bigger and stronger opponent who was fed by the best midfield in the competition, (which gave our midfield a belting for most of the day).

Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
12 spoils (highest in team). 14 1%ers (highest in team)
Was in 8 contests - he lost 2 of them.
6 rebound 50s - 320m gained off his boot.
5 intercepts (equal 5th) behind Brown (8), Trezise (7), Grimes (7), Rioli (6), Vlaustin/Short/Miller (5). 2 of these via Marks (5 marks total - best ever has been 6).
3 Clangers

Nice to see him take some marks. His average over his career is 2.5, so definitely a weak spot and highlights what we already know.
Not great overhead, not aggressive enough for his size.
Serviceable game. Hope he can find his way down there and step up, because we're in desperate need for someone to fill a void.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Liked him out muscling Dixon in one marking contest. Want/need to see more of that if he's to make it long term.

Reactions: 2 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Was terrific on dixon who was being spoonfed by port mids ,who had NO pressure on them ,and the umps to.
Miller stays in the side fot gibcus.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Had him in the scrap heap end of last year. Like a new player in 2024. Hope he can keep it up.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Needs to stay in permanently. In and out is just gonna continue the problem.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If you told me that Miller would beat Charlie Dixon in most contests, I'd take it any day of the week.

Just about his best game at the level. Didn't look out of place and didn't panic. Looked much calmer.

Spot there if he is good enough.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm fine with him just negating for now. You'd think his seemingly fragile self-belief would have got a shot in the arm discovering he can beat big bad Charlie.

Once he's settled, and Young is back to take over the pure negating, I look forward to Ben adding to our run and use out of defense. He can launch direct, incisive attacks.

Confidence the key. Continuity now essential. When they feel they belong he and Brown will transform our ball movement from the back. It won't just be Daniel slicing them open, and we might even be able to deploy The Prince elsewhere, such as wing or mid.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
bit of a no-brainer to keep him in.

and utilise around $200K a year worth of cartilage.

he might come good. his got the tools.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'll just add, as Dyer'ere said the other day, Ben is a star at VFL level. There is nothing he does there that he can't do in the AFL, if he Believes.

Reactions: 4 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Is Young a no brainer to come straight back in?

I dont think he has put the runs on the board at this stage of his career.

Miller playing on Amarti this week would be a good match up.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'll just add, as Dyer'ere said the other day, Ben is a star at VFL level. There is nothing he does there that he can't do in the AFL, if he Believes.
If Legih Brown can play 246 games, why can't Ben Miller play a 130? The two inches between his ears.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Is Young a no brainer to come straight back in?

I dont think he has put the runs on the board at this stage of his career.

Miller playing on Amarti this week would be a good match up.
They also have McDonald and McLean. But with Broad likely to return, maybe Young doesn't.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If Legih Brown can play 246 games, why can't Ben Miller play a 130? The two inches between his ears.
100% agree. The most important inches.

Purely belief and aggressiveness.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That was easily the best game the bloke has ever played. And in a real surprise he got tired. That can happen when you run.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Following on from his game in the VFL where he looked safe, made good decisions and played his opponent tight. If he can continue doing that it's a big win for us.