Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Is Young a no brainer to come straight back in?

I dont think he has put the runs on the board at this stage of his career.

Miller playing on Amarti this week would be a good match up.
Young should come straight back in were desperate for tall backs
If Miller takes Amartey who takes 197cm McLean? That should be Young

Reactions: 1 user

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Is Young a no brainer to come straight back in?

I dont think he has put the runs on the board at this stage of his career.

Miller playing on Amarti this week would be a good match up.
Yeah - Amarty’s been good this season, but Miller might actually match up pretty well on him….especially after doing well on big Charlie, as he’s got the athleticism to go with Amarti and hopefully now a bit of confidence

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Always played his best footy as a back and this week was no different. Competed well against Dixon. He can kick the ball well too but we didn't really see that yesterday

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He looks like he can't hurt the opposition.
He will get told off.
He is soo vanilla it's hard to watch.
He couldve put John Butcher part 2 into epworty with a spoil but just backed off and allowed him to take the easiest mark.
Get rid of him.
Bad choice of words, or was it intentional Ziggs?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He's worth persisting with, needs the continuity in defence, no throwing him around the ground. If he can succeed as a defender nullifying the forwards he has the tools to progress to more intercept marking. I hope they are building him up at the moment, did fine on Dixon and clearly needs a confidence boost. In the absence of Gibcus this is his chance.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He's worth persisting with, needs the continuity in defence, no throwing him around the ground. If he can succeed as a defender nullifying the forwards he has the tools to progress to more intercept marking. I hope they are building him up at the moment, did fine on Dixon and clearly needs a confidence boost. In the absence of Gibcus this is his chance.

DS
Seen a couple of false dawns with Miller, but Yze has shown so far that he’s willing to give a player a chance to play in a spot.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He looks like he can't hurt the opposition.
He will get told off.
He is soo vanilla it's hard to watch.
He couldve put John Butcher part 2 into epworty with a spoil but just backed off and allowed him to take the easiest mark.
Get rid of him.
You'd get rid of Jesus because he turned the water into wine with 11% alcohol not 14.5% Zips.
We need to find people who can break even on a position and some who can win a position. I couldn't care less if he was a 4L tub of Bulla or a scoop of Berthillon.
One game won't make a career, but at least it's a start.

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Expect him to play a better role with Broad back at HB who is very good at taking up space to help block a leading opponent.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This bloke just needs to be given a position and not moved

Richmond has failed Miller more than Miller has failed

Reactions: 4 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria

DS
Spot on. Hopefully he’ll be encouraged to mark the ball as well as spoil. That’s the next step.

His closing speed to get to contests, spoiling & kicking were all good - looked like he was playing within his limitations plus keeping it simple.

He’s always been a player with potential - just needs a specific backline role and belief.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Attaboy Ben. Plays the rest of the year (not that we have many alternatives but he's been good).

Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Not strong enough in the contest.
He multiple opportunities to destroy Aamarty.
When he slipped over I wasn't happy

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Two-grabs regulation marks.

It’s a belief thing. You belong out there Ben, so act like it!

Still really liked his game. Persist and play him for the year.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Almost playing with a sense of calm.

Halving contests, starting to push the other way.

Building.

Reactions: 11 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like it when Funky has got the ball in hand, he uses it so well, as does Tigga, Brown and Shorty.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Almost playing with a sense of calm.

Halving contests, starting to push the other way.

Building.

It was really noticeable today. Played a smart, composed game against a dangerous forward line.

Leave him back, play Gibcus forward next year.