Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Be good to know the purpose of this selection and why he hasn't been selected before. Was it just because of injury he hasn't been picked? Has he really improved his determination to attack the footy and risk personal injury? Observers at recent VFL games did not consider him ready for AFL yet, even after 4 years so what has changed recently to promote him apart from all our injuries? Just because Garth has been omitted does not necesarily mean he will be delisted since Hugo was also omitted this week and he's just extended his contract.
Perhaps the club is tossing up who to keep, Garth or Ben but if so will one AFL game be enough to make that call?
Perhaps they want to avoid a lot of questions that are hard to answer if they delist someone who has been there 4 years and never been tried at AFL level?
I like this idea... they intend to delist him so they are trying to help him by giving him TV exposure. Other club scouts will be able to see him play in a televised game rather than being hidden away in VFL games that often don't even occur.

Hope he attacks the footy, takes some strong marks and uses the ball well. He's certainly paid his dues.

I’m really pumped- he’s quick and a good kick. If he comes on it’s a massive coup for our backline. Late picks that blossom are money for jam.

edit - in the vid dimma says ‘no one has worked harder than you’ - the ultimate praise from a coach.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks a more polished AFL player compared to Garthwaite
Can take a mark and can kick

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, he's doing OK in his debut. But maybe that's because we're now expecting Samson like debuts

Reactions: 1 user
Fairly bruise free game overall, but he looks pretty solid.
As a 6ft 5 bloke, with reasonable skills, he's got to be worth another year.

Reactions: 1 users
Fairly bruise free game overall, but he looks pretty solid.
As a 6ft 5 bloke, with reasonable skills, he's got to be worth another year.
Yeah he’s looking okay but it is like a practice game. Probably worth another year given the dearth of KPDs on the list.

Reactions: 1 users