Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

I'll be very surprised if he is injured. Dimma *smile* up; should have faked a Nank injury. Worst game he has ever played for the club. Gave us nothing all night.

Miller did well.

Reactions: 2 users
Was good tonight. Just needs to keep working on that aerial game, he's got the hoof and the speed to be a good KPD.

Reactions: 4 users
This boy is building nicely. Worth playing the rest of the way.

Had some wonderfully weighted chip kicks.

Reactions: 7 users
We will probably miss finals because of injuries and some bad individual player form, but we fortunately played Miller and Cumberland as a result. Had we not, they probably would have been delisted. Both could be great cogs going forward

Reactions: 5 users
Was at the ground and definitely saw him limping after a tackle late. If we were fake subbing a guy I don't know if he'd have been the first choice either, was having a decent game. Despite his abomination kick last week his foot skills look quite good for a big man. Hopefully the injury is only minor.

So is he injured or not? Or was Dimma just wanting a fake injury so he could get a runner on? If so Hooch *smile* up and should have subbed off Nank who was a liability all night.

Is he our safest user by foot out of the backline? Maybe stuffed a few last week, I didn't see it, i was on a plane, but i feel safe when he has ball in hand.
If his confidence going at the ball improves playing ones i can see him offering real value.
Feels like we're overwight for tall defenders at the moment and struggling to find an up and coming tall forward. Counts against the young man, but i like him.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be very surprised if he is injured. Dimma *smile* up; should have faked a Nank injury. Worst game he has ever played for the club. Gave us nothing all night.

Miller did well.
He wouldn't have had to fake a Nank injury. Nank is injured.

Another step forward for Ben. Stays in if he comes up.

Reactions: 4 users
Is he our safest user by foot out of the backline?
There was a kick in the third quarter that wasn't 'safe'. It was a 50-metre Dustyesque bullet to the wing.

Miller's developed a great deal over the past 12 months. He needs to be given opportunities to keep stepping up, and in fairness should have been played ahead of Gibcus for the past month or so.

Reactions: 7 users
Beats the ever-lovin outta me mate.

Maybe Miller was injured? Maybe Dimma has too much faith in Nank?
Dimma is badly out of form. Badly. That forward line was a joke tonight. Nank was terrible all game. Gave us nothing; had zero impact. If he is injured don't play him. People are bitching about Soldo but he gave us a lot more than Nank did; a helluva lot more.

We would have lost nothing by playing Ryan instead of Nank. But we should have played another runner and played Balta second ruck.

Dimma is really battling.

Reactions: 8 users
There was a kick in the third quarter that wasn't 'safe'. It was a 50-metre Dustyesque bullet to the wing.

Miller's developed a great deal over the past 12 months. He needs to be given opportunities to keep stepping up, and in fairness should have been played ahead of Gibcus for the past month or so.
That was an amazing kick. It was Dusty like. I haven't been a big Miller fan but I really liked his game tonight. Hope he plays the rest of the year.

If we persist with Miller (I agree we have to see what we have) back and many posters calling for Balta to be played back, I believe a defender/2nd ruck in Balta alongside Tarrant/Miller/Grimes/Vlastiun/Rioli/Ralphsmith covers both backline and ruck rotations. Gibcus can fit in that rotation if Miller is injured.

Played well Benny. And shouldn't have been subbed. Our issue going forward is where he plays next season. I fear another Chol situation. Clearly good enough to play AFL footy at a decent level, and someone will offer him more than what we likely will. Plus we have so many key defenders. Issue is if he leaves, I don't think we get any compensation as I believe we delisted him and re-drafted him.

Reactions: 1 user