Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

He was interesting. Rucked. Played forward.

No shrinking Violet? That's his 1 wood. Shrank at premium wage for most of the night. And climaxed when he ran away from a ground ball contest with Brodie "*smile* Slayer" Grundy. Just ran away. Some time in the third.

Is it seven years now? It feels like 20. Watching Ben Miller avoid the football.

"He keeps going where the ball aint." Slowly.

Shrinking Violet ran away from mild physical contact with Brodie Grundy in the third? That's great news - the *smile* has never run before.

I can guess what Dimma said in the box. Something about "Blub, dribble, vomit, Minse." "*smile* Minse, *smile* you!". But I'm just projecting.

What I said in the stands was "You *smile* dog, Minse! *smile* you! Get him off! *smile* him! Run, *smile* Minse, you *smile* bludging dog! You big *smile* head! *smile* get him off! Get him off! The *smile* *smile* *smile*!" Those around me said "But he's a match winner, Diarrhoea, why would you drag him?" And then I went fully into orbit and set fire to the stand. (It's extant so somebody *smile* that up.) And they said "Diarrhoea, Diarrhoea, we can't *smile* think."

So I calmed down. But while all that was going on Ben Minson was dragged and put on the phone. And I guessed that Dimma said something. Something like "*smile* you, you big *smile* head! *smile* run, Minse!"

And then there was a miracle. For (seven?) years we've been posting on this thread that *smile* is about to get real for Ben Minson. But he's never understood the notion of urgency. Once he had a hungry mouth the feed he was better able to feign it. But he still wouldn't run.

In the final three minutes of the third quarter Ben Minson "blitzed in" for the first time in his life. And he was good at it. He went back to sleep when posted forward after the the 3/4 time break but Minson finally ran in minutes an instant prior.

In doing so he proved his critics right. And his fans. His critics think he's a bludger. His fans think he has more to offer. They are the same people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
He was interesting. Rucked. Played forward.

No shrinking Violet? That's his 1 wood. Shrank at premium wage for most of the night. And climaxed when he ran away from a ground ball contest with Brodie "*smile* Slayer" Grundy. Just ran away. Some time in the third.

Is it seven years now? It feels like 20. Watching Ben Miller avoid the football.

"He keeps going where the ball aint." Slowly.

Shrinking Violet ran away from mild physical contact with Brodie Grundy in the third? That's great news - the *smile* has never run before.

I can guess what Dimma said in the box. Something about "Blub, dribble, vomit, Minse." "*smile* Minse, *smile* you!". But I'm just projecting.

What I said in the stands was "You *smile* dog, Minse! *smile* you! Get him off! *smile* him! Run, *smile* Minse, you *smile* bludging dog! You big *smile* head! *smile* get him off! Get him off! The *smile* *smile* *smile*!" Those around me said "But he's a match winner, Diarrhoea, why would you drag him?" And then I went fully into orbit and set fire to the stand. (It's extant so somebody *smile* that up.) And they said "Diarrhoea, Diarrhoea, we can't *smile* think."

So I calmed down. But while all that was going on Ben Minson was dragged and put on the phone. And I guessed that Dimma said something. Something like "*smile* you, you big *smile* head! *smile* run, Minse!"

And then there was a miracle. For (seven?) years we've been posting on this thread that *smile* is about to get real for Ben Minson. But he's never understood the notion of urgency. Once he had a hungry mouth the feed he was better able to feign it. But he still wouldn't run.

In the final three minutes of the third quarter Ben Minson "blitzed in" for the first time in his life. And he was good at it. He went back to sleep when posted forward after the the 3/4 time break but Minson finally ran in minutes an instant prior.

In doing so he proved his critics right. And his fans. His critics think he's a bludger. His fans think he has more to offer. They are the same people.
Lot of words just to say generally poor player has brief patch of good form.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Could you give a summary like that for all Jack's posts- most of the time I've got no idea what his is saying!
Jack is a beautifully skilled writer. Ben is a beautifully skilled footballer, who should be a far better player. They are made for each other.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Should never play anywhere but defence. No mongrel in him at all. Lacks intent when his turn to tackle.

Reactions: 5 users
I had high hopes for Ben but have lost that as he fails to use his attributes. Unless he gets some mongrel and confidence he will go nowhere in football and certainly not at the Tigers

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think players can learn mongrel.

It's in them or it isn't.

You can improve skills, knowledge, aerobic/strength capabilities. You can't make someone turn into a hard man, or learn to be competitive.

When does Nyoun come back?

Should be dropped and when he’s contract is up delisted
After 6 years on the list Not upto AFL standard

He's playing in the ruck as an in case of emergency break glass type. He's a backman, or he's nothing.

With Biggie fit again and Nank back soon, I think Miller in the ruck as an experiment is nearly over. If we need the rotation next week again if Soldo isn't fit (shouldn't have played if he wasn't fit), then I'd rather Biggie was in and we sent Miller back to the 2's to remember how good he can be as a key defender.

Should be dropped and when he’s contract is up delisted
After 6 years on the list Not upto AFL standard
This has to be an indictment on the club. Our experts (?) - coaching and list teams - have been unable to recognise what is so painfully obvious ... after 6 years!
He is a stereotypical VFL player. Going nowhere.

Reactions: 1 users