Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first red flag was round 3 v Sydney. We were 2-0, they had finished 15th and 16th the previous two seasons, and we were 40 points down at half time.
A real WTF moment.
Season never really recovered after that.

Yeah, we were terrible that day, Sydney just ran rings around us and we looked slow and had no answers.

DS

Last years game in Perth, round 13 2021, mid way through the last quarter when we were 23 points up, was when the Dynasty ended.

I still haven't fixed the wall that had a water bottle thrown at it.
Yep, we went from 7-5 to 9-12-1 (2 wins, 6 losses, 1 draw).

I just looked at our draw.

We have played our hardest game last week for the year.

The next month is pretty friendly.

Reactions: 1 user
We aint done yet (fingers crossed)

With the return of Grimes, Prestia (duh) Lambert and Flossy and the inclusion of some very talented youth (MRJ, Stack, RCD) and Dusty, Cotch and Marlion to return we can (hopefully) start making a run!

Is any season over when we're not 4/6 of winning the flag? It does seem that way at times. Last time we played an AFL game we were flogged by Melbourne. But that was to be expected.

We're two rounds into the punting season. The season of real form. Form to be studied.

There is much to be learned yet.

Can’t remember such a topsy tervy year for supporters emotions , as we speak we are right back in the hunt , last week we were playing for draft picks , even individual quarters we’ve looked a million dollars and then like a city reserves team minutes later , the names are still there , some kids are showing great signs , others are basically allready done. Momentum is huge in footy I think will get a much better indication over the next 3 weeks , all 3 teams we should beat, all 3 are capable of beating us if we’re not on.

Interesting season

Reactions: 4 users
Those poll numbers looking like an election....
Just need to figure out which party is which.... and if the Cheese Sandwich is Clive Palmer (which he'd devour in a chomp) or Pauline Hanson (which she'd probably spit in out back of her takeaway!)

Can’t bank on our win against the shittest club this season as our potential of getting in the 8 and having a crack at finals. We need consistency and win after win after win to beat the best

It just shows how swapping Ross for Prestia/Cotchin/lambert changes a lot.

Let’s see how Melbourne go without one of Oliver / Petracca for four or five weeks in a row.

Reactions: 1 users
It just shows how swapping Ross for Prestia/Cotchin/lambert changes a lot.

Let’s see how Melbourne go without one of Oliver / Petracca for four or five weeks in a row.
Won’t happen… can’t buy an injury that mob…they made the Tomlinson and Salem injuries bigger than Ben hur! Tomlinson is a dud playing ressies! Try losing the quality we have… ticks me off

In season 2022 RFC has a sheiser fungo of emerging youth. That matters.

In season 2022 RFC has a sheiser fungo of emerging youth. That matters.
Winning games might make this season a real conundrum.
Dont we want to see The Sonz and The Juddy settle into the 22?
Dont we need to have one final look at JRoss, RCD, Milller, Marty N before delisting season?
Dont we salivate at the chance of an early draft pick to get a replacement Cotch, or maybe a replacement Jack?

But now we've got the band back together.
Hell we've played Bob's Country Bunker and smashed them country boys out west. Then took out the Carringbush Illinois Nazis, keeping them at arms length all day.
The band Elwood!
We are on a mission from Gale!

But where does that leave our emerging youth? Its a cameo movie after all

• Haha
  • Love
Looking at our draw, finals should be the minimum if we get a good run with injuries. We should be aiming for top 4. Essendon twice, Hawthorn twice, Port twice and the Eagles again.

Winning games might make this season a real conundrum.
Dont we want to see The Sonz and The Juddy settle into the 22?
Dont we need to have one final look at JRoss, RCD, Milller, Marty N before delisting season?
Dont we salivate at the chance of an early draft pick to get a replacement Cotch, or maybe a replacement Jack?

But now we've got the band back together.
Hell we've played Bob's Country Bunker and smashed them country boys out west. Then took out the Carringbush Illinois Nazis, keeping them at arms length all day.
The band Elwood!
We are on a mission from Gale!

But where does that leave our emerging youth? Its a cameo movie after all

We're trying to win the Preeemiership, td.

Mr Damien Hardwick measured the challenge three weeks ago when we played Melbourne. We all saw how that worked out.

That was a huge game. The whole season for RFC hinged on the testing in that game. Mr Damien Hardwick didn't like the results of the testing and went back to the drawing board. Baker and Balta back. MRJ given a chance. Two rucks. Midfield slot open to RCD or Dow. Ross eventually sacked.

There are still other vacancies. Mansell is in the frame. Stack could be. Juddy is a year away IMO. Brown and Banks can't get a kick. And Sonsie is a project. Cumberland is the interesting one IMO.

We are nowhere near cue in the rack because there is nothing around. We could get our reserves into the AFL Grand Final if they gel.

We are running out of time to slap these M-Town upstarts. We've got to settle soon.

There is the very important indicator. We're seeing it. Glamour football. Sometimes. Mr Damien Hardwick engineers the indicators. But he looks for them just as we do. Glamour football. We're not seeing cat *smile* defence yet but we're all looking out for it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
There is the very important indicator. We're seeing it. Glamour football. Sometimes. Mr Damien Hardwick engineers the indicators. But he looks for them just as we do. Glamour football. We're not seeing cat *smile* defence yet but we're all looking out for it.
Yep. Several turnovers in midfield on Saturday were almost-glam. We were cumulative inches away from winning by 12 goals.

Winx won every race, even the pre-Spring warm-ups. We're not Winx. We can look fat in the Herbert Power but we are trained by Bart Hardwick.

Yep. Several turnovers in midfield on Saturday were almost-glam. We were cumulative inches away from winning by 12 goals.
Absolutely.

It's not just that we're not settled and haven't gelled (Mansell in position but spoiled by Grimes), it's that we haven't fielded the same line up two weeks in a row.

I was armed to smash Melbourne at $4.50 eight weeks ago but I could not take it because I think they are riding for a hiding. I will make the money when they are ripe.

We're $15 because even AFL bookies can see there's nothing around. Hardwick knows there's nothing around and that Melbs be ripe for a slap. Those traps he set, he'll set the same targets but in different ways. He's planning to *smile* them up.

Huge indicator for improvement - which of the contenders has youth coming through?

Hardwick has pretty much settled our line up. We're praying for health. And for Short.