Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
caesar said:
How does TAC and School footy work, what takes priority if both Scotch and the Charges are wanting Rioli to play in their side on a particular weekend? I am only assuming TAC would take precedence but have no idea.

School footy usually mid week for non APS scools ( including AGS ) and Saturdays for APS.
Representative football will always take priority but many games played on Sundays for Representative Football like Chargers. Saturday games would take priority over school footy although private APS schools hate it.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dont Argue said:
School footy usually mid week for non APS scools ( including AGS ) and Saturdays for APS.
Representative football will always take priority but many games played on Sundays for Representative Football like Chargers. Saturday games would take priority over school footy although private APS schools hate it.

Thanks DA

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Each school works differently, most APS schools have the top talent there on scholarships, so they only play the higher level when they dont have school footy.

In the perfect world, schools would think about what's best for the player, as opposed to what's best for school sports bragging rights.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
caesar said:
How does TAC and School footy work, what takes priority if both Scotch and the Charges are wanting Rioli to play in their side on a particular weekend? I am only assuming TAC would take precedence but have no idea.

School takes priority over TAC in the APS and AGS programs. The APS games I watched of my son's school there was always a handful of scouts there as a large chunk of players are at APS/AGS schools.

I know with my school and the local TAC club, they work very closely together in trying to be consistent with positions played and areas of focus as well as sharing all injury/performance data.

So for MRjnr, he will play the first few rounds of TAC, 8 weeks of school footy, then back to TAC until there seasons ends.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ghost of 29 said:
School takes priority over TAC in the APS and AGS programs. The APS games I watched of my son's school there was always a handful of scouts there as a large chunk of players are at APS/AGS schools.

I know with my school and the local TAC club, they work very closely together in trying to be consistent with positions played and areas of focus as well as sharing all injury/performance data.

So for MRjnr, he will play the first few rounds of TAC, 8 weeks of school footy, then back to TAC until there seasons ends.

Thanks , I will be doing my best to catch a few of Junior's games next season.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
caesar said:
Thanks , I will be doing my best to catch a few of Junior's games next season.

I will post throughout the year the APS schedule for the Scotch College games. APS 1st football is a fantastic standard of footy, the kids go full bore,

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ghost of 29 said:
I will post throughout the year the APS schedule for the Scotch College games. APS 1st football is a fantastic standard of footy, the kids go full bore,

Thanks Ghost!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
taztiger4 said:
Pretty sure CC & I spotted Xavier Naish training with us yesterday

That would have been Patrick , Dont think Xav would be allowed to train with us just yet

What was he wearing - Was it the full tigers kit ? Number ?

also whats his size like is it similar to Pat if that was him

Cant find any info about this kid for some reason

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
taztiger4 said:
Pretty sure CC & I spotted Xavier Naish training with us yesterday

Good to hear! We had Patrick doing the same around Xavier’s age. Great to start immersing him now.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Tigermad2005 said:
Essendon have a number of father sons training so I would say he would be allowed too train as well.
Apparently there is a F/S window to train with Clubs but i not heard anything about it & no idea how long it goes for etc...

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Jonesracing82 said:
Apparently there is a F/S window to train with Clubs but i not heard anything about it & no idea how long it goes for etc...

Apparently Jack Riewoldt’s son can start training with us in 6 months

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
turk-d-tiger said:
That would have been Patrick , Dont think Xav would be allowed to train with us just yet

What was he wearing - Was it the full tigers kit ? Number ?

also whats his size like is it similar to Pat if that was him

Cant find any info about this kid for some reason

I know what Patrick looks like ::), it definitely wasn't him. similar looking & stature though

He wasnt wearing any number