PRE 2017 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2017 Phantom Draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigersnake said:
Sorry down on the farm. I think my picks are done. Didn't Adelaide upgrade a rookie with this pick or something? If not, I delegate to you bully

Wasn't sure but we can do a rookie upgrade here.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Collingwood select Tim North Eastern Ranges. We feel he is a big bodied inside mid who shows signs of being the next Jack Graham.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Pick 81. Hawthorn

Lloyd Meek

It's certainly getting much tougher to find value at this point, there's still a small forward I rate but I think the Hawks need to focus on bolstering their rucks, particularly after the Statue of Vickery embarrassment. As for the best option at this stage, Meek is an overager who has shown a fair bit of improvement over the year. He's certainly more of a threat resting forward and has also improved his groundwork from last year. Whilst not as agile as Pat Ryder, he has shown some ability to avoid oncoming traffic and also managed to nail a monster goal from the centre circle. Named in the TAC team of the year & an All-Star representative Meek is probably the best bet outside of Sam Hayes.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Given we're at the tail end of the draft I'll open it up for anyone to lodge players they like. First in, first serve.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
87. The West Coast Eagles selects Jonty Scharenberg (19 years old, 185 cm, 79 kg, On Baller/Half Back, Glenelg). We hope he can put away the disappointment of being overlooked in last years draft and the mental demons of both his older brothers succumbing to knee injuries. Ticks many boxes and we hope working to his strengths will ensure a long career as an inside mid at the Eagles.

The West Coast Eagles also rookies the following players:
Brody Mihocek (24 years old, 192 cm, 97 kg, Key Defender, Port Melbourne), Jonathan Marsh (22 years old, 191 cm, 87 kg, Utility, East Fremantle), Tom Goodwin (26 years old, 201 cm, 105 kg, Ruck, Coburg) , & Dom Barry (23 years old, 183 cm, 76 kg, Wing, Glenelg)

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
West Coast Eagles 2017 draft summary:

Pick 14. Aiden Bonar 189cm, 87kg, forward/onballer, 18 years old, Dandenong U/18

Pick 21. Lochie O’Brien 184cm, 77kg, winger, 18 years old, Bendigo U/18

Pick 26. Lachlan Fogarty 179cm, 75kg, midfielder/small forward, 18 years old, Western U/18

Pick 32. Gryan Miers 177cm, 73kg, small forward/midfielder, 18 years old, Geelong U/18

Pick 37. Tim Kelly 183cm, 83kg, midfielder/small forward, 23 years old, South Fremantle

Pick 69. Ben Paton 185cm, 78kg, small defender, 19 years old, Murray U/18

Pick 87. Jonty Scharenberg 185 cm, 79 kg, on baller/half back, 19 years old, Glenelg

Rookies:

Brody Mihocek 192cm, 97kg, key defender, 24 years old, Port Melbourne

Jonathan Marsh 193cm, 87kg, utility, 22 years old, East Fremantle

Tom Goodwin 201cm, 105kg, ruck, 26 years old, Coburg

Dom Barry 183cm, 76kg, winger, 23 years old, Glenelg

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure how many more picks/rookie spots Carlton has but seeing as I was tossing up whether to take this bloke at 73 I'll lock him in here. Kane Farrell has had two years at TAC level with Bendigo, averaging 17 disposals in his bottom-age year and the same again this year, which suggests he's stagnated a little. Nonetheless, he's a midfielder with great pace (2nd in 20m at Combine) and agility (1st) and a long left foot. Worth the punt that he will improve in a professional environment.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
spook said:
Not sure how many more picks/rookie spots Carlton has but seeing as I was tossing up whether to take this bloke at 73 I'll lock him in here. Kane Farrell has had two years at TAC level with Bendigo, averaging 17 disposals in his bottom-age year and the same again this year, which suggests he's stagnated a little. Nonetheless, he's a midfielder with great pace (2nd in 20m at Combine) and agility (1st) and a long left foot. Worth the punt that he will improve in a professional environment.

I like this lad late or rookie. Super athlete and that left foot is deadly.

I really hope we take him.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I know its not Essendon's pick yet but i think it really doesnt matter at this stage as it becomes left wing selections

* Druggies are in real need of big bodied inside mids and need them ready to go now

Essendon select - Cam Ellis Yolman (Adelaide football club)
190cm 94kgs 23 year old