PRE 2018 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2018 Phantom Draft

BrisTiger24 said:
That seems like insider trading to me...Richmond had inside knowledge about the Lions' strategy

None whatsoever, Richmond had a few other guys penciled in but were taken. Bad luck for the Lions, still reckon you can get a gem here.

Richmond Football Club Pick #21 select
Connor McFadyen (Qlnd Brisbane Academy)

190cm 88kgs DOB 4/12/00
Inside big bodied midfielder thats dangerous when playing foward, Allies best ball winner during the under 18's championships as well as performing admirably in the neafl
dangerous when playing foward and has the ability to read the ball extremely well in flight.
Contested marking,Ball winning,Clearances and stoppage work is extremely good and is the type of inside big body mid that Richmond are missing.

Probably a slight reach but so was Patrick Cripps at the time and when the player you want is there just need to take the player
Stocker ,RCD ,West & Duursma were the other players that i had at our 1st pick with RCD my preferred choice

Connor is also a bottom age player thats played this year as a 17 year old and just qualifies for this draft by 3 weeks so the upside in both his development and growth is very very high

bullus_hit said:
None whatsoever, Richmond had a few other guys penciled in but were taken. Bad luck for the Lions, still reckon you can get a gem here.

Richmond should have offered Brisbane a trade before they bid. 17 and one of their 60s picks for 18 and 35. Brisbane would then get someone else that they wanted and McFadyen with points later on. Richmond upgrade to another pick in the 30s.

TOT70 said:
Richmond should have offered Brisbane a trade before they bid. 17 and one of their 60s picks for 18 and 35. Brisbane would then get someone else that they wanted and McFadyen with points later on. Richmond upgrade to another pick in the 30s.

Why ??? Richmond wanted McFadyen

turk-d-tiger said:
Why ??? Richmond wanted McFadyen

Sorry, not trying to step on toes. Just thinking about strategies to upgrade picks. Just exploring options and thinking out loud.

bullus_hit said:
Probably worthy of debate, pick 36 from Brisbane could have been handy.

Cant really see how Brisbane would have agreed to that trade

For the lions to agee to it that would have meant they gave up #36 to get McFadyen with later picks and they only have #51 that has points value, which would have meant they would need to go into deficit in 2019 in the 2nd round as McFadyen would have got a bid prior to #30. Whilst it would have been good for tigers to get an extra pick i would highly doubt that trade would have proceeded.

GWS - Curtis Taylor. Bit worried he could turn out to be another Ben Lennon, but if that’s the case Carlton will take him off our hands in a couple of years anyway.

turk-d-tiger said:
Cant really see how Brisbane would have agreed to that trade

For the lions to agee to it that would have meant they gave up #36 to get McFadyen with later picks and they only have #51 that has points value, which would have meant they would need to go into deficit in 2019 in the 2nd round as McFadyen would have got a bid prior to #30. Whilst it would have been good for tigers to get an extra pick i would highly doubt that trade would have proceeded.

Brisbane have pick 32 as well.

bullus_hit said:
Brisbane have pick 32 as well.

The three picks together should give them the points.

Maybe they do it, maybe they don’t but these are the sorts of opportunities that live trading presents. The idea is to extract an advantage out of someone who really wants a certain player.

Again, I’m just thinking out loud.