PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

Melbourne bid for Max Micahalanney, Turk's call

@turk-d-tiger

Considering the crows have traded out of their 2nd round with the intention to take him as father/son
would really go against the purpose of this draft not to match the bid .

Bid Matched

I believe i get back #53 goes back to #55 ?

Reactions: 1 user
Western Bulldogs select Harry Lemmey with pick 38, this seems like a shrewd move in light of his solid form in the SANFL ressies, just a sniff there's an upswing in confidence. I would be throwing him everywhere on the park until he finds his niche. At 200cm there's options, the 5 man bench may also make Lemmey the perfect spare parts player. I'm kind of visualising him as a Himmelberg plug & play. In any case, the Doggies can sit both Jefferson & Lemmey in the VFL until the time is right, you're bound to get one hit & if the gods are kind you get your spine sorted for the next 10 years.

Next up is North Melbourne @Scoop

• Angry
Western Bulldogs select Harry Lemmey with pick 38, this seems like a shrewd move in light of his solid form in the SANFL ressies, just a sniff there's an upswing in confidence. I would be throwing him everywhere on the park until he finds his niche. At 200cm there's options, the 5 man bench may also make Lemmey the perfect spare parts player. I'm kind of visualising him as a Himmelberg plug & play. In any case, the Doggies can sit both Jefferson & Lemmey in the VFL until the time is right, you're bound to get one hit & if the gods are kind you get your spine sorted for the next 10 years.

You finally got your man ;) But should have been for Richmond

Reactions: 1 users
You finally got your man ;) But should have been for Richmond
I reckon he goes in the third round, Richmond might get lucky but I suspect he will be favoured over Scully, much more clarity surrounding what he is actually capable of doing. Second year blues can also mean opportunity & that is why I have focused more on his 2021 form, he wouldn't be the first to have a lack luster sophomore year, I think forwards need to be treated differently to other playing types. So many factors could be weighing on performance but ultimately he's done enough in reserves grade finals to suggest he's hardened enough to play AFL football. One can't forget Darling & Buddy, those two threw similar curve balls in their draft year.

I reckon he goes in the third round, Richmond might get lucky but I suspect he will be favoured over Scully, much more clarity surrounding what he is actually capable of doing. Second year blues can also mean opportunity & that is why I have focused more on his 2021 form, he wouldn't be the first to have a lack luster sophomore year, I think forwards need to be treated differently to other playing types. So many factors could be weighing on performance but ultimately he's done enough in reserves grade finals to suggest he's hardened enough to play AFL football. One can't forget Darling & Buddy, those two threw similar curve balls in their draft year.
I believe the recent Adelaide / North trade has assisted Richmond in getting Lemmy (if we are genuinely considering him)

Port dont really need another KPF with Marshall , Georgidis already on the list and the Crows would have been the team that could have looked at him with the pick in the 40's but now will need to use that to match a bid.

Our pick #53 will come down to around #48 but im still thinking its 5-6 spots away from where he may get picked
The scully part of your post is interesting as some clubs would actually see that as a positive thinking that there is potential there thats not been revealed yet.

Lets hope for our sake that he does slide to our pick and we have that option but still worrying how he has dropped off considering he was so good and rated top 5 last year. Im actually hoping Knobel lasts to Richmonds pick #63

I believe the recent Adelaide / North trade has assisted Richmond in getting Lemmy (if we are genuinely considering him)

Port dont really need another KPF with Marshall , Georgidis already on the list and the Crows would have been the team that could have looked at him with the pick in the 40's but now will need to use that to match a bid.

Our pick #53 will come down to around #48 but im still thinking its 5-6 spots away from where he may get picked
The scully part of your post is interesting as some clubs would actually see that as a positive thinking that there is potential there thats not been revealed yet.

Lets hope for our sake that he does slide to our pick and we have that option but still worrying how he has dropped off considering he was so good and rated top 5 last year. Im actually hoping Knobel lasts to Richmonds pick #63
Looking at North's hand unfold you would expect them to have a serious look, particularly if they go with two mids from the get go. I would say perfect fit for them too.

Looking at North's hand unfold you would expect them to have a serious look, particularly if they go with two mids from the get go. I would say perfect fit for them too.
Looking at their picks if they do go a foward i think it will be more a more mobile type like a gunston type/size with the players they have on their list
Larkey 198cm Coleman Jones 200cm Comben 199cm and they would be looking at Max Gruzewski , Brayden George with their #23
and lets hop Harvey jnr gets a bid before #40

Looking at their picks if they do go a foward i think it will be more a more mobile type like a gunston type/size with the players they have on their list
Larkey 198cm Coleman Jones 200cm Comben 199cm and they would be looking at Max Gruzewski , Brayden George with their #23
and lets hop Harvey jnr gets a bid before #40

You've just reeled off two risky picks but they do fill a need. Be interesting, already I see truckloads of risk at the top end, Wardlaw has injury history & Sheezel looks like one of those guys who could go gangbusters or be a chronic tease. I daresay North isn't the best place for a player like this, Clarko has his work cut out.

North take the guy who I think could easily end up one of the best 6 from the draft.

Jakob Ryan from Glenelg. Words to follow.

Height: 189cm Weight: 77kg. Defender.

Heath Chapman & Jordan Clark were a couple of my favourite types coming out of the last few drafts. This boy is a hybrid of both. Reads the play so well. Peels off to be third man up and even tho he is an outside runner, he’s super courageous in the air. 189cm who runs 2km in 6.16, runs the 20 in 3 seconds flat. Now discover he’s an elite kick who loves to run and carry. You want him kicking the ball coming out of fifty. He is slight right now but he attacks everything defensively. Effort is never an issue. Every side needs this type of player. No player in this draft has a better mix of athletic gifts, size and football smarts to excel at their percived role at the next level. Apparently a ripping kid who you want around your group, right mix of fun and professionalism. There’s no one at North playing this role now, he can come in play right away.

Last edited:
North take the guy who I think could easily end up one of the best 6 from the draft.

Jakob Ryan from Glenelg. Words to follow.
Dunno about best 6 but good pick in this range and someone who was on my radar.

Where is the up yours emoji?

The more I read and look into Lemmy it’s clear this kid has ability. As you said could be the case of 2nd year blues. But kids don’t just lose ability.

Definitely can’t see him last to our pick.

Where is the up yours emoji?
I doubt he would have lasted another 15 picks, looking at what's left on the board it will be a stretch. Richmond either needs to trade up or turn their attention to some other forward prospects. Scully, Bradtke, Verrall & Foster still in the frame.

These Doggies picks are similarly aligned with our original selections, this is a pretty good illustration as to the type of players who will be selected in these slots. I also have Cowan firmly entrenched in my top 20, he's another I had on my shortlist in the event some of these players are off the board.

I was about to have a difficult pick but like my last one, you guys have made it easy. I had Jakob Ryan and Sam Gilbey on the list but will now move to the next half back I was after.

Pick 39 - Hawthorn - Luke Teal. A good size for a defender (189cm) and possessing a long kick. He is a strong rebound defender. Potentially has slid a bit due to injuries but seems a good pickup at this stage of the draft.

@Brodders17 Sydney are up

One can't forget Darling & Buddy, those two threw similar curve balls in their draft year.
You've mentioned this a couple of times about Buddy. I think you're misremembering. He didn't have a 'top-age' year, he was drafted as a 17-year-old. His national championships were ordinary and raised questions but his season overall was strong enough to have him in pick 1 conversations. I was dead keen on him.

You've mentioned this a couple of times about Buddy. I think you're misremembering. He didn't have a 'top-age' year, he was drafted as a 17-year-old. His national championships were ordinary and raised questions but his season overall was strong enough to have him in pick 1 conversations. I was dead keen on him.
Maybe my mind has gone a bit foggy but I did remember the hype about him being the number 1 & also remember plenty of question marks being raised after the state carnival. PRE was actually on the money with Buddy, Phantom quite rightly suggested we take at least 1 tall in the top 5, whoever that may have been out of Roughie & Buddy.