PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Cats have history with producing father-sons and have access to one this year in Osca Riccardi, who is the son of 288-game player Peter. Riccardi played some solid football with the Geelong Falcons in the NAB League this year and also featured in one VFL match late in the season for the Cats. He has primarily played as a rebounding defender, but has also gone forward and kicked goals on occasion. Riccardi was invited to the state draft combine in October - where he won the 2km time trial in 6min 17sec – and is a chance to be a late draft pick. Geelong also has access to midfielder Ted Clohesy through its NGA program. A vice-captain of the Falcons in the NAB League this year, Clohesy is a strong contest and clearance player who featured in three games for Vic Country in the national championships and also impressed in one late-season match for the Cats’ VFL side.

NGA means a minority group or code shifter doesnt it?

No way do i want to cast nasturtiums on anyones identity,

But young ted has been playing footy since his ultrasound, and theres no apparent ethnicity,

Not that im a qualified ethnicity certifier or anything

Or Did hocking change the rules to include NGA's great great great greats being transported from ireland? Or Ex gold coast academy are classified as another species?

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
GC @Redford could also have matched on LLoyd Johnson I just realised. we've got a can of worms sitchiation captain!

Its even wormyeryer,

@Redford was entitled to prelist lloyd johnson (+1)

As part of AFLs ongoing franchisee draft concessions

Might have to get the AFL to set up a committee to appoint a panel to set a terms of reference for ticking off our phantom draft order.

They could deliver the findings at midnight on dec 24, just in time to be a month late, while all the press are in torquay

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
NGA means a minority group or code shifter doesnt it?

No way do i want to cast nasturtiums on anyones identity,

But young ted has been playing footy since his ultrasound, and theres no apparent ethnicity,

Not that im a qualified ethnicity certifier or anything

Or Did hocking change the rules to include NGA's great great great greats being transported from ireland? Or Ex gold coast academy are classified as another species?

Next Gen Academy. Unfortunately it doesn't mean what you think it means. As long as they have a parent that was born overseas, they essentially qualify. Look at those that the Pies and Saints got recently.

Quaynor - Born in Melbourne, his dad was from Ghana. Played footy all the way from AusKick. Collingwood did nothing to bring him into the football environment and purely benefited because his dad was born in Ghana.

Mitch Owens - I think he might have been born overseas, but did all his schooling in Australiam played for Beaumaris before playing for Sandy. Again I doubt the Saints had very much input in him choosing footy

Windhager - I think is an indigeonous boy, but was also playing for Beaumaris etc through his junior days. Again I'd love to know how the Saints essentially brought him to footy.

The whole point of the NGA's is to introduce kids that haven't grown up with footy and to give them a chance to become involved with the sport. Having players that have done their schooling in Australia (particularly in urban schools) and have access to various sports, makes it a massive rort IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez....greedy Gold Coast again.....get your own.....we match the bid for Ted Clohesy who is a classy mid and a Geelong player. Geez we're good.
Too late. You had your chance. We’ve already moved to picks 45, 46 …and 47 as well. Keep your finger on the pulse ole Sleepy Hollow.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The whole point of the NGA's is to introduce kids that haven't grown up with footy and to give them a chance to become involved with the sport. Having players that have done their schooling in Australia (particularly in urban schools) and have access to various sports, makes it a massive rort IMO.

Yeah im calling rort.

I reckon he wouldve been holding a footy in his ultra-sound.

But i think NGA just gives the clubs without an Academy a remotely level rorting field.

• Haha

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
So Red you must select again, the only player picked ahead was Foster so to be fair you can have him if you like. Still an open field.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
So Red you must select again, the only player picked ahead was Foster so to be fair you can have him if you like. Still an open field.
What about Lloyd Johnston ?

If we’re allowing retrospective or belated matches, I should be able to select him.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yes to be fair that is your right.
Nah. I was just being cheeky. And I will save you the hassle of having to re-jig things and everyone having to re-select again by not taking Phoenix Foster, Jaiden Magor or Jayden Davey either.

With pick 44 GC select Paul Pascu.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I'm up for the bluebaggers? my alternative picks wouldnt have effected Maigor and Foster in any case so I think we're right

Pick 48 Carlton select Olivier Northam, 195cm 90kg. VC/ Geelong Falcons

Sounds and looks more like a ballet dancer than a footy player, not that there's anything wrong with that. Listed in the racebook as a Ruck/ Fwd, but on our viewing, particularly the champs, has played more as a CHB/ winger, and following that is very athletic for a big man, very good on the ground. One of those players who looks shorter than they are. Gets involved. Will be a player and ceiling is potentially huge.

Put down that Pimms and get to work @mrposhman

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I'm up for the bluebaggers? my alternative picks wouldnt have effected Maigor and Foster in any case so I think we're right

Pick 48 Carlton select Olivier Northam, 195cm 90kg. VC/ Geelong Falcons

Sounds and looks more like a ballet dancer than a footy player, not that there's anything wrong with that. Listed in the racebook as a Ruck/ Fwd, but on our viewing, particularly the champs, has played more as a CHB/ winger, and following that is very athletic for a big man, very good on the ground. One of those players who looks shorter than they are. Gets involved. Will be a player and ceiling is potentially huge.

Put down that Pimms and get to work @mrposhman
According to Shifter Northam is now 197cm, that adds to his value.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'll keep adding to the Hawks midfield with a pure midfielder (knowing Phillipou may start forward).

Hawks select at Pick 49 - Billy Dowling. Another 186cm midfielder. Dowling should be ready to go. Gets to where the ball is and is good defensively. Will play a lot of footy along with Szybkowski in 2023.

@Sammy Cougar Pies are back up

• Angry

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I'll keep adding to the Hawks midfield with a pure midfielder (knowing Phillipou may start forward).

Hawks select at Pick 49 - Billy Dowling. Another 186cm midfielder. Dowling should be ready to go. Gets to where the ball is and is good defensively. Will play a lot of footy along with Szybkowski in 2023.

@Sammy Cougar Pies are back up
Another one bites the Dust , The way its looking the Crows are going to end up with Sydney Stack

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Ive just got home my pick will be in the morning