PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

It would be handy if you blokes listed the height & weight of these kids you are drafting

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at a bit of a loss now, had my heart set on Cowan but will plump for Konstanty instead, 176cm & 70kg small forward who applies outstanding forward pressure.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Bloody hell you blokes, last time I looked we were at pick 10. Did everyone knock off at lunchtime today? I would have taken Keeler for the dees, for the record

I'm at a bit of a loss now, had my heart set on Cowan but will plump for Konstanty instead, 176cm & 70kg small forward who applies outstanding forward pressure.
Swear on my loved ones Bully that's who I wanted. If I can't go small I'll go tall.

Harry Barnett Height: 202cm. Weight: 93kg​

Write up to come over the weekend.

have not seen him live , But looking at his highlights it gave me thhe "Oleg Markov's)

Bloody hell you blokes, last time I looked we were at pick 10. Did everyone knock off at lunchtime today? I would have taken Keeler for the dees, for the record
Had to keep moving, Spook would have been crying if you took Keeler.

• Haha
Swear on my loved ones Bully that's who I wanted. If I can't go small I'll go tall.

Harry Barnett is the player i was intending to take for the Cow's after Keeler , George were taken

I was looking at 3 players for this pick. Being as you blokes just took 2 of them (Cowan and Konstanty), I will take the other one.

Pick 26 - Hawthorn take Mitch Szybkowski. 186cm mid.

Strong and tough on the inside, will play a lot of football next year for the Hawks and with Szybkowski, Phillipou, Cooper Stephens, Ward, MacDonald, Newcombe and Worpel the midfield is young but starting to come together.

@Sammy Cougar Pies up with Pick 27

Konstanty was the fave of mine I was talking about at the Allan pick.

have not seen him live , But looking at his highlights it gave me thhe "Oleg Markov's)
He's much more than that, his anticipation is second to none, to win a Morrish from defence is unprecedented, he can also roll into the midfield when needed. This is one pick with serious upside, maximum return for a second rounder, well done to TigerDell, I think you have a landed a very accomplished player.

He's much more than that, his anticipation is second to none, to win a Morrish from defence is unprecedented, he can also roll into the midfield when needed. This is one pick with serious upside, maximum return for a second rounder, well done to TigerDell, I think you have a landed a very accomplished player.
it does feel that Tasmanian players are underappreciated

for Caesar pick 23 Lachlan Cowan
height: 188cm
weight: 81kg
D.O.B: 01-12-2004
A slingshot style rebounding defender with weaponous long kicking, and athleticism which is relevant both offensively and defensively.”

It is only fitting that the top Tasmanian prospect in this year’s AFL Draft crop is the state’s skipper,

Cowan’s flair makes him one of the most enjoyable players in draft contention this year, with his superboot and daring run off half-back among the assets which catch the attention and imagination of fans and recruiters alike.

Cowan's one-wood is his long-range kicking. The anticipation as he lines up to take a kick-in is often palpable, as he takes serious meterage before clearing 50 metres with ease. He spreads the play beautifully off a few steps, shifting angles with switch kicks and gaining ground from half-back to half-forward.

The thing which compounds Cowan's impact as a rebounder is his run. His speed and dare see him jet out of the last line, taking the game on and waxing with teammates to carry the ball up to forward wing. With that combination of run and long kicking, he's the 100-metre asset which clubs love to play slingshot footy through.

Cowan's leadership is part of his allure, given he captained multiple state sides, and his on-field consistency points towards a driven individual off it. He was remarkably reliable this year, leading by example across multiple levels.

For WCE a perfect Hurn replacement.
Would love him at Tigerland!
1666360113876.png

Reactions: 3 users
it does feel that Tasmanian players are underappreciated
Absolutely, Tasmanian football has generally been neglected, playing a handful of TAC games showcased very little & plenty of players have slipped through as a result. I see Mitch Thorp is still involved, he was one player who deserved a second chance but it wasn't forthcoming. On a hiding to nothing when you don't get the elite pathways & then get barrelled out of pro football because you lack professionalism. I think this is starting to change however & we will probably witness a renaissance of Tasmanian talent over the next decade or so.