PRE 2022 Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE 2022 Phantom Draft

17. Isaac Keeler.

The Giants are rapt to land the athletic forward/ruck with great skills and pace. His handling below the knees is ridiculous for a big man, and he's shown the ability to hoof it 60 metres and take a hanger. Loves to hunt and hurt the smalls in the manner of Buddy/NicNat. There's really nothing he can't do on a footy field. Sky's the limit. A perfect complement to Cadman, that should set up our forward line for the next decade.

@Sammy Cougar up next with the Filth.
Cadman & Keeler is an excellent pairing, both key position prospects but so different in their approach to the game. I think this opens you up to grab best available from here, still quite a few with A grade potential.

Reactions: 2 users
Cadman & Keeler is an excellent pairing, both key position prospects but so different in their approach to the game. I think this opens you up to grab best available from here, still quite a few with A grade potential.
Yep. And you know I love Keeler. Couldn't call his name fast enough

Reactions: 1 user
With Pick 18 Collingwood Select Brayden George from the Murray Bushrangers

A strong-bodied, powerful forward, Brayden plays a high impact per possession game. He hurts opponents by foot around the ground and does not need to find a lot of the ball to hit the scoreboard heavily. Proficient both overhead and at ground level, while and a powerful contested ball winner.

Next Up Sydney @Brodders17

A strong-bodied, powerful forward, Brayden plays a high impact per possession game. He hurts opponents by foot around the ground and does not need to find a lot of the ball to hit the scoreboard heavily. Proficient both overhead and at ground level, while and a powerful contested ball winner.

That removes one of my options for my next two picks.

GWS would be doing cartwheels if they landed that pairing.

My only concern is the ACL recovery, I'm unsure how this will affect his leap & I'm also unsure about his prospects as a full time mid. This is a high risk/high return selection, could pay off in spades however, definitely A grade potential.

20. Olli Hotton. 181cm mid/forward who got better as the year went on, including an arguably BOG performance for Vic Metro against South Australia. Quick, powerful, great in the air and one-touch on the ground, he can win the ball in tight, hurt on the spread and kick goals.

We'll take our full five minutes to work out our next pick after Hayes and George were snapped up.

17. Isaac Keeler.

The Giants are rapt to land the athletic forward/ruck with great skills and pace. His handling below the knees is ridiculous for a big man, and he's shown the ability to hoof it 60 metres and take a hanger. Loves to hunt and hurt the smalls in the manner of Buddy/NicNat. There's really nothing he can't do on a footy field. Sky's the limit. A perfect complement to Cadman, that should set up our forward line for the next decade - or at least until they go home.

@Sammy Cougar up next with the Filth.
Argggggg that was my boy for the Crows - How dare you :-(

My only concern is the ACL recovery, I'm unsure how this will affect his leap & I'm also unsure about his prospects as a full time mid. This is a high risk/high return selection, could pay off in spades however, definitely A grade potential.
Its a risk Brayden would have gone close to Top 5 before he did his knee The Boy can play

Its a risk Brayden would have gone close to Top 5 before he did his knee The Boy can play
He can, Jordan De Goey potential, but I don't think he plays too much in 2023, missing a year does set him back a bit. Be interesting to see where he lands, I reckon anywhere from 15-30.

It would be a risk worth taking at a pick around #20

Boom / Bust range and for a kid ranked top 5 prior to a knee

I'm risking leaving one of my favourites on the board here but with so many picks I'm going for the upside of:

21. Ed Allan. Only played five WAFL Colts games after a back injury delayed his season, but the 194cm son of Ben showed the ability to win the ball on the inside and use it quite neatly, averaging 25 disposals per game. Draft Combine highlighted his elite pace with a 2.81s 20m sprint. A tantalising set of attributes that make him a flexible option, with the potential to develop as an inside mid, winger, or half-back.

@tigerdell up for the Weagles.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a warning here to Bombers , Nortf & Giants

Im going full on SOS mode with the crows picks

• Haha
I'm risking leaving one of my favourites on the board here but with so many picks I'm going for the upside of:

21. Ed Allan. Only played five WAFL Colts games after a back injury delayed his season, but the 194cm son of Ben showed the ability to win the ball on the inside and use it quite neatly, averaging 25 disposals per game. Draft Combine highlighted his elite pace with a 2.81s 20m sprint. A tantalising set of attributes that make him a flexible option, with the potential to develop as an inside mid, winger, or half-back.

@tigerdell up for the Weagles.
His tank is also elite, this could be one of those picks you look back on and wonder how he slipped out of the top 20. Coming in at 194cm he could literally be anything.