Preferred Opposition Leader | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Preferred Opposition Leader

Who is your preferred leader of the Federal Opposition?

• Kim Beazley

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Mark Latham

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Canbtiger.

I'm certain if Johnny hadn't used some of Pauline's policys at the last election, we would be calling Kim Beazley, Prime Minister Beazley.

I don't know where this thread is going to take us Canbtiger. :eek:Things got a bit heated last week on this site. That could be quite tame if we start talking politics. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Would either of them give Little Johnny a run for his money anyway.
When an election challenge is based on constantly bagging the present government rather than putting forward different options it dosn't stand much of a chance.
I curse anyone who let the GST come and give me headaches with all of the extra bookwork and financial handicap it's brought my family.
Politics. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
P.S. I didn't vote. This poll has as much interest to me as the results of Sam Newman's fat rat's cup. ;D

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We can thank Megs Lee's and the Democrats for the G.S.T.

The worse mistake they ever made, as they will be flat out getting a vote at the next election.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
tigerman said:
We can thank Megs Lee's and the Democrats for the G.S.T.

The worse mistake they ever made, as they will be flat out getting a vote at the next election.

Hear Hear, t-man

in response to your earlier post, i don't think this poll will be a problem. it's not so such a political poll as a personality poll.

the public's not really been priivy to the policies of either man so i guess people can only really vote based on their personal opinion of the bloke and, depending on their political views, whether they think he can lead the opposition to beat (or not beat) the Coalition.

PS- rosy, disappointed you're not interested.. but, sam newman's fat rat's cup? ???

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
Would prefer Paul Keating anyday, but as he's not in the running I would love to see Mark Latham become the next opposition leader. I have read some of his articles, and he really is a man of the people (almost Gough-like); doesn't just talk the talk.

I like Beazley, but think he's a bit too soft to win.

Thought Mark would have a bit more support from Tiges as he's got a bit of mungral in him ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Whoever it is Johnny Howard the champ will kick their arse.
How can Labour expect to do well when they cant even agree with each other.

I am a Liberal from way back and am very happy to see what is taking place. Johnny is a star.

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
Was that kick or kiss Shawry? ;D

Little Johnny: Hello Mr. bush :-* :-* :-*

Then Mr. bush turned around so Johnny could see his face ;)

Just joking with you Shawry ;D
I can't say that I follow your views, but I agree that the opposition aren't much chop at the moment :p

I wish there was a better option ::)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I dont' know who to pick as it is the blind leading the blind. ??? ??? The Labor party in this country is in total disarray.
Beazley is a proven loser so I wouldn't pick him. The only one capable of leading them to an election victory is Bob "Purse lips" Carr but even he doesn't want it. It would be like being selected as the captain of the Georgian Rugby team for the world cup. A great Honor, looks good in your resume but there's not a chance in hell they will be victorious. I Think the only one with any smarts on their front bench would be Kevin "Chucky the good guy doll" Rudd.

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
I don't know much about Rudd at all, other than the fact that he just doesn't look quite right!! :p

Could someone fill me in if they know what this guy stands for. Is he left of centre, or conservative labor?

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
RFC4eva said:
I don't know much about Rudd at all, other than the fact that he just doesn't look quite right!! :p

Could someone fill me in if they know what this guy stands for. Is he left of centre, or conservative labor?

Left.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Latham wins 47 to 45.

This will be a kick in the guts for Kim.
I wonder if he will cry like the other Kim did. :'(

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Thank god Beazley didnt get back in. How many more chances does he want? Well done to LAtham but as I said with the Liberal Party doing the great job it is at teh moment with our country I cant see him even getting close to John Howard.

J

jake_the_lad

Come on Mark. He has the best chance of kicking out the government who dragged our country's name through the mud and supported the compromise of the UN, while we still have affordable healthcare and before it will become impossible for my little brother and sister to afford university.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shawry.

I know that I'm not going to change your political persuasion, but i just can't help myself. ;D

The Howard government may being do ok with the economy. Although mortgagees are now paying $350 a month more on their interest rate payments due to house prices, than they were when interest rates were 17%.

It's industrial relations strategy is not good for the working class. Over 30% of the work force is now made up of part time and casual workers, almost doubling under a Howard goverment.
Labour hire companys have thrived under the Howard government, and are a blight on the country.
Of those part time and casual workers over 40% of them when surveyed said that they would like to work more hours.
How are young people ever going to fulfil the great Australian dream of owning your own home.
The number of home owners has has fallen nearly 10% in the last decade.

John Howard, in some peoples eyes, may of done a good job in keeping the illegal arrivals from coming to this great country, I'm hoping that they think that he has failed them in most other areas.

Jeepers I can't wait until footy season. :D