PSD and Rookie Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PSD and Rookie Draft

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005
Who does everyone want in the PSD and Rookie Drafts?

Who was the most surprising player overlooked in the National Draft?

Templeton, cannot believe he was overlooked

Tsitas, Wilson and Conlon others worth a look

Oh yeah Hourigan! Geez he's a talent as well, very unlucky.

Darcy Cameron too. Apprently tested poorly at the combine but he's got some talent

FJ just said 3 rookie picks for the Tiges

Also said it was exciting as a few good players made it through the national draft

Didn't mention a PSD pick

There's no doubt there will be some very impressive rookies in the first round, we just have to make every pick count.

Will be very pleased if we rookie Sokol

iirc the club stated it wanted a junior KPD coming through; I'd leap at Hourigan on this basis if he is somehow still there at our 1st rookie pick, but I suspect it might be Fort or Tickner

Thomas is a done deal, I expect

So much potential left and we will go Thomas. We Waste rookies spots every year on not up to it failed afl players. Give some untried kids /matures a go ffs
Big beef of mine this is!!

Stylo said:
Darcy Cameron too. Apprently tested poorly at the combine but he's got some talent

This was a surprise for me. In a draft supposedly so shallow, especially with ruckmen, I'd have thought he would go late.

Surely he will be rookied by someone.

bullus_hit said:
There's no doubt there will be some very impressive rookies in the first round, we just have to make every pick count.

... by spending our first pick on Matt Thomas

I liked Nick Bourke's highlight package. Sensational marking. Wonder what's wrong with him - no right foot? But looks the goods physically and athletically. Tested well at the combine too. Worth a rookie punt?

FitenFitenWin said:
I liked Nick Bourke's highlight package. Sensational marking. Wonder what's wrong with him - no right foot? But looks the goods physically and athletically. Tested well at the combine too. Worth a rookie punt?

Looking at his highlights, his kicking action looks a bit awkward

FitenFitenWin said:

I think the main knock on him is that he doesn't get nearly enough of the ball. Will have to work on getting to more contests. But he's certainly got some talent, the club would know him pretty well from his AIS placement too