PSD and Rookie Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PSD and Rookie Draft

Tigers of Old said:
Expecting Thomas, Batsanis and a kid (Toohey?).

That's what i'm expecting too.

What I'm hoping for is: Two of Toohey/Battersby/Tsitas and Cain.

Tigers of Old said:
Expecting Thomas, Batsanis and a kid (Toohey?).
I'll be surprised if its both Batsanis and Thomas. Personally I'd like Batsanis out of those 2.

tigertim said:
I'll be surprised if its both Batsanis and Thomas. Personally I'd like Batsanis out of those 2.
I won't be surprised if we get both but hope we get batsanis and 2 younger kids

tigertim said:
All the talk is for us to take more "smalls". I'd like to see a young ruck or a KPP in there too.
I think we will try get a KPD. KPF's don't usually succeed in the rookie draft. The ruck stocks are crap and may as well wait and see.

bullus_hit said:
I'm cooling on Tsitas, seems there may be some issues that emerged from the interview process. Quite a few of the sliders are having a skeletons drop out of the closet. Still curious to know who Frank fancies out of the juniors, Battersby still appeals despite being in the midget class.

You were on the money BH. Got passed over.

Tigertool said:
You were on the money BH. Got passed over.

It's a shame for the kid but he obviously did himself no favours when speaking to clubs - and he spoke to quite a few over the journey. Good character cannot be underestimated, Dayle Garlett clearly illustrates that point. Not that Tsitas had identical issues, but an 18 y/o needs to be careful about keeping an ego in check.

Tigers of Old said:
There was a lot of love for Cain on these boards but every club passed him over. Wonder why?
I said all along I don't think he's AFL quality and at his age there isn't much upside. He's nowhere near the player Dwyer is and even he's barely solid at AFL level.

tigs2010 said:
I said all along I don't think he's AFL quality and at his age there isn't much upside. He's nowhere near the player Dwyer is and even he's barely solid at AFL level.

Who was your biggest surprise at not getting a go mate? And should we chase them for our VFL team?

My surprises from the National draft where Herbert and Bourke but they both got picked up yesterday.

MB78 said:
Who was your biggest surprise at not getting a go mate? And should we chase them for our VFL team?

My surprises from the National draft where Herbert and Bourke but they both got picked up yesterday.
I'll get back to this, when I actually realise who went. Had to follow it on my phone.

It's a tough one though, there were guys I really liked like Sokol who didn't go but I can't say I'm surprised.