PSD and Rookie Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PSD and Rookie Draft

I really believe that Joel Tippet would be a good get for the Tigers, Backup player for Rance,Chaplin,Grimes whilst at the same time playing in our 2nds team and making the reserves competative.

For just a Rookie spot - Great Value

bullus_hit said:
Whilst I don't disagree that we need some additional talls, I think it's important to realise that the success rate of KP players in the rookie draft is very low indeed. This is the point where I'd be inclined to rejig the rankings a little and focus on player types who naturally lend themselves to rookie success stories. Big bodied midfielders would be high on the agenda, especially those who stand a realistic chance of playing senior football in two years. The rookie draft must be like a well oiled machine with rapid turnover, calls must be made early which lends itself to a quantity over quality paradigm. For talls, I think you have to grab them in the first & second round, in the meantime I'd be more focused on ensuring we leave no stone unturned in getting Elton, McBean, Griffiths, Astbury & McIntosh up to speed. If we go down the mature-age route then Thorp or Tippett could be worth a look, both would be appear to be AFL-ready in 2014.

I certainly respect and appreciate your arguments, but also see that this also confines the Dean Cox scenario to that of an outlier.
Where does this place the project tall, or is there no place for them?

Phantom said:
I certainly respect and appreciate your arguments, but also see that this also confines the Dean Cox scenario to that of an outlier.
Where does this place the project tall, or is there no place for them?

Project rucks are a different story, but with the recent rule changes I'd be targeting the true athletic types, a Majak Daw or something similar. With this draft, I can't see too much to get excited about, I'd be more inclined to wait a year and see what emerges from the next batch. We haven't actually done badly on that front anyway, Hampson will be a welcome addition and Vickery will only get better.

My priorities at this stage would be looking at immediate replacements for Tuck & White. If it was my call, I'd take our PSD pick and grab an inside mid like Tsitas and take Chris Cain with our rookie pick. If we want Cain it will almost certainly have to be early given Collingwood & Fremantle are also heavily interested. Our last pick will probably be used for Batsanis or Thomas, the former I'm ok about, but Thomas seems like a bad retread.

Is there any word on Travis Tuck. I know his name has come up before but I am not sure that there is any interest. I have only watched him a couple of times on the tv, but there was a lot to like about him.

bullus_hit said:
My priorities at this stage would be looking at immediate replacements for Tuck & White. If it was my call, I'd take our PSD pick and grab an inside mid like Tsitas and take Chris Cain with our rookie pick. If we want Cain it will almost certainly have to be early given Collingwood & Fremantle are also heavily interested. Our last pick will probably be used for Batsanis or Thomas, the former I'm ok about, but Thomas seems like a bad retread.
Recon Tsitas will be a gun, reading an article (and what ive been told about him)on line about preseason prospects he sounds like he'd be a really good get. Good by foot hard at it mid with good leadership skills.

Tigertool said:
According to Patrick Keane we have 2 available PSD picks tomorrow.

But are we taking them? I hope so, I note that Collingwood rejigged their plans to land Langdon & Marsh, I think we should do the same.

bullus_hit said:
But are we taking them? I hope so, I note that Collingwood rejigged their plans to land Langdon & Marsh, I think we should do the same.

I don't think we will. I'd like to see us use at least 1 pick though

Tigertool said:
According to Patrick Keane we have 2 available PSD picks tomorrow.

Richmond will have picks 3 and 7 in the PSD but overall and including the rookie draft the tigers have 3 picks which means if we use both we will only get 1 pick in the rookie draft, 1 PSD pick = 2 rookie draft picks, 0 PSD picks = 3 rookie picks.

So from what I can gather, at the moment Richmond have 38 listed players and 3 rookies.

PSD

ROUND ONE

1. GWS

2. Collingwood

3. Richmond

4. Carlton

5. Sydney Swans

ROUND TWO

6. GWS

7. Richmond

8. Carlton

9. Sydney Swans

ROUND THREE

10. GWS

ROUND FOUR

11. GWS

ROUND FIVE

12. GWS

Being reported the Swans won't use their pick so we have actually picks 3 & 6 if we want to use them.

My wish list at the moment would be Tsitas & Battersby in the PSD, and Cain with our first rookie pick. If Collingwood nab Cain, then insert Wilson or Templeton. I really think we can afford to do this given Gordon & Lloyd are on one year contracts, gotta go with best available.

my picks not in order (bearing in mind i havent seen any of them)
!. Tsitas
2. Sully
3. Cain

2 mids and 1 (young but close to ready to go) KPD.

What's the chance's of Richmond passing on both PSD picks and getting 3 rookies to give us a 38 player main list and 6 rookies ?

“@emmasq: Should be a super long pre-season draft of one pick, with Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton passing and going in with short primary lists.”

We can go 2 PSD picks and one rookie but will just take 3 rookies .... Means we have an extra $150+k in the TPP to play with by only taking rookies (1 year contracts too)...

On Collingwood - apparently they will just re-take Corey Gault in the rookie draft and be done....

so if we passed on both PSD picks & take 3 in the rookie draft, would this mean we can elevate 2 rookies prior to rd 1? or just the 1?

Jonesracing82 said:
so if we passed on both PSD picks & take 3 in the rookie draft, would this mean we can elevate 2 rookies prior to rd 1? or just the 1?

Just the one I believe.

A 2nd can be elevated to the primary list midway through the season.