R23 team changes v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R23 team changes v Brisbane

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
How has Balta been since back in the res's?
Both he & Chol showed glimpses in the A's but neither proved better then the other IMO. Not sure either plays past KMac's experience.
Must play a relief ruck. McIntosh is slow with ball in hand and Ross a better chance if something opens up. Glad that Noah is in. He with his vfl mate Bolton offer the kind of majic which can be the difference in a tight match.
Sorry however to see Chol go out, especially on the eve of round 23.
Very unlucky.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Disappointed for Ross to lose his spot.
Wondering if he might still play on the weekend, particularly if Grimes is not fit enough.
Or has Ross been dropped out of the list of emergencies also??
I would have thought Chol would come back in if Grimes doesn’t get up , Balta down back for Grimes & Chol to continue 2nd ruck /3rd tall role

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I like Chol but his output has been minimal for a few weeks. Balta has earned the right to stake a claim for that role. Balta has a far bigger presence physically and is superior to Chol in the air. It’s a low risk change - with significant upside.

Ross unlucky but understandable. Hopefully Cotchin can get through.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like Chol but his output has been minimal for a few weeks. Balta has earned the right to stake a claim for that role. Balta has a far bigger presence physically and is superior to Chol in the air. It’s a low risk change - with significant upside.
Agree.
Balta was played in the Ruck in the VFL last week, which was an indication that he only had to play well to come in for Chol.
Chol being taller is marginally better than Balta as ruckman, but Balta has him covered in every other department.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Interesting i were at Captain's Run this morning, Grimes was there, (not doing much), Garth was not part of the squad so decision to add Garth must have been made after, not looking good all of a sudden.

What could possibly be gained from doing this late inclusion? Garthwaite should always have been named as an emergency as back up to Grimes. Very odd.
Only logic is that Grimes pulled up sore? Surely it was always 50/50

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
afl.com.au reports that Grimesy left the track early and is suggesting that he won't play on Sunday. Garth elevated to an emergency????

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
What could possibly be gained from doing this late inclusion? Garthwaite should always have been named as an emergency as back up to Grimes. Very odd.
Only logic is that Grimes pulled up sore? Surely it was always 50/50
Smoke and mirrors? Messing with the bears heads?