RD 19 Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 19 Changes V Pies

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Easiest and Hardest Match Committee of the year I reckon.

Easiest = Out: Short In: Caddy (stack goes back) * subject to VFL form.

Hardest = In: Nank Out: Mabs or Ivan ?

A week ago I thought it was easy but Ivan was pretty colossal today, although I think Mabs is the type Id couple with Nank?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ivan has been impressive and well done to him but he’s done his job and Nank comes in for him.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We can't afford to play fancy against the Scum.

No we cannot they will just hold us up at contests and buy time to let them set up behind the ball.

Stoppages will suit them with Grundys dominance in the ruck.

We will want to run but they will want to play keepings off as they have done the last 2 times they have belted us.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No we cannot they will just hold us up at contests and buy time to let them set up behind the ball.

Stoppages will suit them with Grundys dominance in the ruck.

We will want to run but they will want to play keepings off as they have done the last 2 times they have belted us.

We have to pass and play like we're stoned. 100% full concentration and composure, no fancy rubbish.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Out Short
In KMac

We can't afford anyone insipid against the Pies. If Nank has a good run in the VFL consider him for Soldo, but I'm tempted to keep the Soldo/Chol combo against Grundy.

Reactions: 3 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
If Nank is ready to go he comes in for Soldo.

Apart from that it's just structural changes that are required

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We do have to run the Chokers off the G though.

Just have to be a lot smarter about it.

Injuries in 2017 conspired to necessitate a change in game style, fair to say that there is a slight change up in our game style, its run and gun moreso utilising a higher team skill set as opposed to the former slap, tap, and scrap forward with a higher degree of possession.

This has been more possible as we have a higher skill level across the park.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Just wanna smash those Magpies ... smash 'em real good ... whether it be by a point or by 44.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Don’t know about the ins and outs..................smash the Scum next Friday and where’re in the top four

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
after watching Mummy and Simpson wear down Grundy (mummy bullied him in the last),

I;d be inclined to go with some Croatian support for Nank next week

Ivan, not Notorius.

at the risk of sounding racist, Croations are tough *smile*

Not that the South Sudanese are shrinking violets. :cool:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Does Rioli hold his spot? I haven’t watched on TV but at the game mainly noticed him when he didn’t go for it vs when he had it. Nice goal in the last seemed to spark his confidence a bit though and he had a spring in his step in the last ten minutes.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Out Short
In KMac

We can't afford anyone insipid against the Pies. If Nank has a good run in the VFL consider him for Soldo, but I'm tempted to keep the Soldo/Chol combo against Grundy.

I hear he will only play a half on Sunday so maybe Nanks will need another VFL run out before resuming his rightful place in the firsts. I think you are right about the Soldo / Choi combo as it worked well today

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
We are humming nicely at the right time.

Only guy I'm not a fan of is Graham - inclined to bring in Caddy for him if hes fit.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Need someone to drop into the backline on Cox (if he plays). Ivan is the man.

Cox is out of form - 4 or 5 possessions today (or not many anyway) and kicked a bag of donuts (zilch, none, zero, not a penny ).

Play to our system and I am not worried about cox.

I would like to see KMac come in but not sure who for?