RD 19 Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 19 Changes V Pies

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pies ins are predictable - go with the guys who have kicked goals against us - what a masterplan by Buckley...
we are rolling, and will not allow them the sort of space we've given the mugs the past 2 games..

They are rolling the dice on us not changing from the way we haver played them the past 2 times where they have flogged us.

Our shot at the flag is on the line tomorrow night, it will be the difference between finishing 4th or 5th or even 6th for mine.

If we let them turn us over again and the Gee Whiz beat Port we go to 6th if not lower with the druggies odds on to get 4 pts and % against the Suns.

Tiger68

Grow boys, grow!
Mar 13, 2007
Sydney
I'm glad that we get to take a look at Soldo V Grundy before the finals. We already know that Nank has struggled in the past, it might actually be a better outcome.

Nank is more than one week away imo - he is only playing 50% again this week. That's unless he replaces Chol as a forward/ruck next week.

Agree that Short is very lucky. He has looked tentative and given not much in the way of offence. Must be on his last chance.

Reactions: 1 user

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Yep, and they will get silver service from Grundy who will get a million frees against us as usual.

Bobble has to run with Sidearse, or Lambo surely we are going to put someone to him.
Ellis to get the job

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Does anybody have the site where u compare the teams average age & games played for the sides named this week ?

My idiot Pies mate carrying on bout how young & inexperienced their side is this week , it wouldn’t surprise me if we were the same or even younger given Stack Bolton etc

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Are we happy to be playing them in wet weather ?
Yes and no. It means they can't play their keeping off brand they did earlier this year and the spud Cox will have zero influence. On the other hand, on a dry night and if we are able to win the ball out of the centre Jack and Lynch would have a field day with their backline in pretty shitty form.
I don't care how we do it or by how much we do it. I just want to beat them. Will also say a lot about us mentally. Win this and I reckon we are a chance to go all the way.

tiger3000

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2011
Does anybody have the site where u compare the teams average age & games played for the sides named this week ?

My idiot Pies mate carrying on bout how young & inexperienced their side is this week , it wouldn’t surprise me if we were the same or even younger given Stack Bolton etc

You're on the money, average 6 months younger, from footywire:
Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 9.23.01 pm.png

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I like that they have gone with no changes, instead of potentially knee jerking and making selections in reaction to Collingwood’s personnel or perceived game plan.

In the last couple of games we got to witness bits and pieces of a game plan that is evolving, so why not use the same band members to keep playing the same tunes until they are second nature, instead of rearranging the set list and players before it’s bedded down?

Yes the guys went a bit handball crazy last week but it’s a work in progress, and I’m sure they are fine tuning the balance and are working towards a system that changes from a sledge hammer (run, bash, crash, tap, flick, push) to a scalpel (hand ball, run, handball over to the next streaming soldier after creating an overlap and then finally to a streaming forward in space)

Tomorrow’s game feels different to the preliminary and r2. There’s an energy about the team and I think they’re building towards something. Even Buckley’s deminour has felt different during his media appearances this week. Last year before the prelim. he had the look of someone that new something we didn’t, and in hindsight he probably felt he had the tiges figured out, and a plan to conquer. He hasn’t come across like that this week.

As posters have said, we’re doing the hunting now. And our natural or forced evolution due to things never staying the same for too long in sport or other professional environments has ultimately been a good thing.

Sorry for the rant, but that’s my brain dump anyway. Go Tiges!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I'm glad that we get to take a look at Soldo V Grundy before the finals. We already know that Nank has struggled in the past, it might actually be a better outcome.

Nank had 29 disposals against Grundy in rd six last year. Also, as keen readers of the AFL Betting thread would know, he collected three Brownlow votes at a juicy 33-1.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Game will be won in the midfield, if we get on top there and give our forwards first use we will beat them up like GWS. GWS ran through them and used 3 tall forwards to expose their underdone backline.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure the logic in not having Macintosh in the team. Perfect run with player for Sidebottom.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not sure the logic in not having Macintosh in the team. Perfect run with player for Sidebottom.

Probably the same reason he hasn't been a run with player on Sidebottom last two games even when he was clearly smashing us by not having anyone man up on him even at bounces.