Re: Adam Goodes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Adam Goodes

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The AFL and Eddie have called for this girl to see a counsellor.........gone too far!!

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
immorta said:
Agree.

Adam Goodes was all class, open your eyes.

edit: and even more, your minds

Yep he made mince-meat of that 13 year old, wiped the floor with her. Go Goodesy!

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
I want to know why Harry O Brien wasn't councled or broightto justice for calling Tom Hawkins "A fat c---" He may well have devastated, gutted and brought Hawkins to tears with that highly offensive and descriminatry remark.

And where were all the media commentators that are currently queuing up behind Goodes when Hawkins was targeted by such an ignorant and cowardly attack just for being heavy?

I suppose fat people just have to tolerate this type of abuse and discrimination regardless of how much it hurts them.
Or maybe they just have thicker skin than some or will have to wait till its fashionable to support the feelings of fat people.

dewinton

Tiger Rookie
Jun 22, 2007
rinso17 said:
I want to know why Harry O Brien wasn't councled or broightto justice for calling Tom Hawkins "A fat c---" He may well have devastated, gutted and brought Hawkins to tears with that highly offensive and descriminatry remark.

And where were all the media commentators that are currently queuing up behind Goodes when Hawkins was targeted by such an ignorant and cowardly attack just for being heavy?

I suppose fat people just have to tolerate this type of abuse and discrimination regardless of how much it hurts them.
Or maybe they just have thicker skin than some or will have to wait till its fashionable to support the feelings of fat people.
Thicker skinned... Haha good one

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Smoking Aces said:
I hope the girl can pick up the phone and apologise to Goodes. She can/will learn a lot out of this.

I hope the girl, randomly selectedly to be the face of racism by the all that's good and righteous, is a special and strong enough individual to be able to cope with the stress and responsibility that comes with the scrutiny bestowed upon her by the ever so responsible Adam Goodes.

I hope that this child is able to cope with the attention and scrutiny that comes with the gigantic spot light that Lord Adam Goodes has thrust on her tiny shoulders. Because there must be media watching this girls every move for the next couple of years and if this poor child can't cope, then Adam Goodes your choice of action shall be revisited.

I hope this poor kid can cope.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I saw a photo today of Goodes on the front of the WA Sunday Times doing the Winmar lifting of the gurnsey and pointing out his skin colour thing.

Not sure if it was a genuine photo or just a photo-shopped image.

If it was real, sorry Adam, been done before by a bloke who was the real pioneer in this area.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
rinso17 said:
I hope the girl, randomly selectedly to be the face of racism by the all that's good and righteous, is a special and strong enough individual to be able to cope with the stress and responsibility that comes with the scrutiny bestowed upon her by the ever so responsible Adam Goodes.

I hope that this child is able to cope with the attention and scrutiny that comes with the gigantic spot light that Lord Adam Goodes has thrust on her tiny shoulders. Because there must be media watching this girls every move for the next couple of years and if this poor child can't cope, then Adam Goodes your choice of action shall be revisited.

I hope this poor kid can cope.

Girl yells racist jibe.

Player calls her out.

Girl is victim.

Get ya hand off it Daryl.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Streak said:
I saw a photo today of Goodes on the front of the WA Sunday Times doing the Winmar lifting of the gurnsey and pointing out his skin colour thing.

Not sure if it was a genuine photo or just a photo-shopped image.

If it was real, sorry Adam, been done before by a bloke who was the real pioneer in this area.

Yep. I would've liked to see and hear more from Nicky W throughout this round but haven't. I respect indigenous players a lot but I could never stand Goodes.

Reeks of arrogance.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
I like how Adam Goodes has said he doesn't think the girl meant it as a racial insult but he still decided to point her out and shame her sorry but if you don't think it was a racial insult why make a big deal of it then maybe I am just to cynical but I think he just wants his turn at being Nicky Winmar and why is it many people especially on the net have decided it was racial and she should be dealt with accordingly if the person who was called an ape doesn't think it was intended as a racial insult then why are there so many ready to go after the girl.

TigerMoz

DJ - What a Champ!
Nov 26, 2012
Melbourne
rinso17 said:

:hihi

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Seems there's still a real lack of understanding in Australia re racism even on this thread. Sad.

And its continued on Tooheys.

Leysy's no do-gooder or pollitically correct person, but we've found out a lot about certain posters in the last few pages. :(

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
immorta said:
Girl yells racist jibe.

Player calls her out.

Girl is victim.

Get ya hand off it Daryl.

Realy??
You see it the way you've been corralled to, and I'll see it as the STRONG, FAMOUS & RICH vs the weak young and vulnerable. You can huddle behind the bully if you wish, I'll stand by the victim

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
rinso17 said:
Realy??
You see it the way you've been corralled to, and I'll see it as the STRONG, FAMOUS & RICH vs the weak young and vulnerable. You can huddle behind the bully if you wish, I'll stand by the victim

Yeah, a victim of her own racist words. You keep fighting the good fight :cutelaugh

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Jason King said:
Yeah, a victim of her own racist words. You keep fighting the good fight :cutelaugh

And you keep on pretending that she is anything but a child. A child for God sake!. That's who your hero Goodes pointed out in the crowd, that's who was thrown out of the MCG live on national tv, and that's who this 33 year old celebrity was sulking about afterwards. And again what she said is only 'racist' in your fevered politically correct imagination and in Goodes' paranoia. So you can pretend that she was wearing a Klan outfit and burning a cross outside his swank upmarket home, there are a hell of a lot of us not buying it. But hey you keep on fighting the good fight as well.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tygrys said:
And you keep on pretending that she is anything but a child. A child for God sake!. That's who your hero Goodes pointed out in the crowd, that's who was thrown out of the MCG live on national tv, and that's who this 33 year old celebrity was sulking about afterwards. And again what she said is only 'racist' in your fevered politically correct imagination and in Goodes' paranoia. So you can pretend that she was wearing a Klan outfit and burning a cross outside his swank upmarket home, there are a hell of a lot of us not buying it. But hey you keep on fighting the good fight as well.
So if referring to him as ape wasn't racist why do you think she yelled it out to the Aboriginal guy?