REST OF THE SEASON | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

REST OF THE SEASON

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Can't see the season progressing now with the druggies sidelined for who knows how many weeks.

The virus in Victoria is wreaking havoc and I don't see how the rest of the season can go on with the Essendon and Melbourne game being suspended.

To proceed would be a fiasco.

Wonder how many of these new cases have come from that damned "protest.?"

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Can't see the season progressing now with the druggies sidelined for who knows how many weeks.

The virus in Victoria is wreaking havoc and I don't see how the rest of the season can go on with the Essendon and Melbourne game being suspended.

Canel the season Collingwood are on top of the ladder and Premiership favorites;):)

Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

The problem I see is that unless a vaccine is found, this will more than likely keep occurring, and by that I mean this season, next season, the one after that etc. I can’t see how any season upcoming will have any sort of ‘normality’:(

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Canel the season Collingwood are on top of the ladder and Premiership favorites;):)

They are always the favourites. No matter where thay are on the ladder.

The cost will be enormous, but the season should be cancelled forthwith, especially as the TIgers are way off the pace.

If not cancelled, then tell me how the season can continue with one team out of contension.

Could be, that another player will test positive soon, perhaps one who played against Essendon in the last game.

Who know?

Our AFL fearless leader will of course be keen as mustard to keep the season alive.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
McKenna did not play last weekend, so could not have infected players of another team.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m sure will come good this year and still make finals however, if it was a year that turned to *smile* it’s the perfect year to get a leg up on the comp by blooding the youngsters while there’s no VFL

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
McKenna did not play last weekend, so could not have infected players of another team.
I didn’t know that - it will come down to whether he passed it onto his teammates.

no one knows how this will pan out - to be honest, would anyone really miss not having the dees or bumbers in the comp.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The Season (proper) in a sense should not have happened. Play a non - premiership season, as ludicrous as that sounds...
The Covid Cup for example, which is kind of what it is anyway considering No Crowds, Shortened Qs, etc..

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Happy it is a season proper and cannot see it being cancelled unless there is a mass outbreak amongst the players which is highly improbable. Every major sporting league is back or coming back (outside of the USA where COVID is totally mismanaged). As for the Tigers were ordinary early last year and I expect we will come good and be there at the pointy end. Can't remember who said it but whoever wins this premiership will deserve a gold premiership cup.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
There were also large protests in Sydney and Brisbane that same weekend. Haven't been an avalanche of positives...yet
If correct FF, then that begs the question....why here in Victoria?

As YOTT said, who would miss the Dees and Bombers anyway. True enough, but that makes a mockery of the season, with two Vic. teams not playing.

That is, if Melb. was to be locked down as well. Gil has said that game is postponed until some date in the future. Who knows when that will be.

What a mess!!

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The other wild card is the Eagles who want to sook off home. If they do it's impossible to imagine Vic teams being allowed in to play games in WA, so they essentially forfeit the season.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Two people who attended the Melbourne #BLM rally have tested positive, but are not thought to have contracted it or transmitted it there.

Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said the Black Lives Matter protester was a young woman who attended the demonstration in Melbourne on June 6, but was "very unlikely" to have acquired the virus there.

Professor Sutton said the woman wore personal protective equipment (PPE) at the protest and was unlikely to have transmitted the virus to other attendees because she had been "minimally symptomatic" at the time.

"That individual took a great deal of care in terms of having a distance with others and I think is unlikely to have acquired it there given that there are a whole number of other places that this individual has gone to without PPE," he said.

No doubt the Murdoch media will ignore this and blame the protest.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The other wild card is the Eagles who want to sook off home. If they do it's impossible to imagine Vic teams being allowed in to play games in WA, so they essentially forfeit the season.

You are right TBH. I don't think Victorians are allowed to fly to WA, but if the can would they have to quarantine for 2 weeks?

Can hardly blame the Eagles wanting to go home. Can't be much fun for them being away and getting done every game.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You are right TBH. I don't think Victorians are allowed to fly to WA, but if the can would they have to quarantine for 2 weeks?

Can hardly blame the Eagles wanting to go home. Can't be much fun for them being away and getting done every game.
Victorians can travel there, but they’d have to quarantine for 2 weeks. With QLD being included in the bubble, the WA players can probably go home and not have to quarantine.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I very much doubt they will cancel the season with only 1 player testing positive.

Some perspective is needed here, 25 cases in a day, it isn't good but it is way below the sorts of numbers we are seeing just about everywhere else in the world after factoring in population. Australia (25.5 million) around 7,500 cases; Canada 37 million people, 100,000 cases.

Yes, we have got this to the point where 25 new cases in a day is bad, and we do need to respond, but lets not blow this out of proportion. If we are careful we can control this and continue the footy season, albeit that crowds, even small crowds, won't be going to any game in Victoria for a while yet.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I very much doubt they will cancel the season with only 1 player testing positive.

Some perspective is needed here, 25 cases in a day, it isn't good but it is way below the sorts of numbers we are seeing just about everywhere else in the world after factoring in population. Australia (25.5 million) around 7,500 cases; Canada 37 million people, 100,000 cases.

Yes, we have got this to the point where 25 new cases in a day is bad, and we do need to respond, but lets not blow this out of proportion. If we are careful we can control this and continue the footy season, albeit that crowds, even small crowds, won't be going to any game in Victoria for a while yet.

DS

Well said David and true.