REST OF THE SEASON | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

REST OF THE SEASON

Italy, Spain et al all started with 25 cases a day also. The worry is the transmission going on in the last week won’t really show for a week or more when people start to develop symptoms

Reactions: 1 users
Two people who attended the Melbourne #BLM rally have tested positive, but are not thought to have contracted it or transmitted it there.

No doubt the Murdoch media will ignore this and blame the protest.
Hold on what's this crap Sutton is dishing out, thousands of people together,but unlikely to get it during protests as that does not suit Dan's cause,what absolute tripe,BLM protestors have super immunity,Vic government dropping the ball since cedar protection meats.

There were also large protests in Sydney and Brisbane that same weekend. Haven't been an avalanche of positives...yet
It's two weeks and two days.. Now I know the banana benders are slow but don't think that impacts the speed of infection. I'm thinking the Avalanche will resemble a snow bal l in those two states.

Time for two divisions....Victoria only and the Rest. Go off play each other have a play off system decide a rep for a GF in November betwee n winner of each division. Advantage we won't have whinging state premiers.

Hold on what's this crap Sutton is dishing out, thousands of people together,but unlikely to get it during protests as that does not suit Dan's cause,what absolute tripe,BLM protestors have super immunity,Vic government dropping the ball since cedar protection meats.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't see the season progressing now with the druggies sidelined for who knows how many weeks.

The virus in Victoria is wreaking havoc and I don't see how the rest of the season can go on with the Essendon and Melbourne game being suspended.

To proceed would be a fiasco.

Wonder how many of these new cases have come from that damned "protest.?"
I think you underestimate the financial incentive on the table that requires the show to go on . The afl are hardly gonna rollover and say this is all too hard the day after gyms and cinemas were opened back up

Reactions: 3 users
I think you underestimate the financial incentive on the table that requires the show to go on . The afl are hardly gonna rollover and say this is all too hard the day after gyms and cinemas were opened back up

It’s now obvious that the AFL are simply delaying the cancellation of the season to fullfill media rights for as long as possible to keep the accountants happy. I wouldn’t be surprised if the decision has already been made behind the scenes. But lets get as many pointless games on the tv as possible first.

• Haha
Yeah its a strange take. They won't cancel the season unless things get much much worse, too much money at stake.

It’s now obvious that the AFL are simply delaying the cancellation of the season to fullfill media rights for as long as possible to keep the accountants happy. I wouldn’t be surprised if the decision has already been made behind the scenes. But lets get as many pointless games on the tv as possible first.
Melodramatic. They won't cancel the season, certainly not because a guy HAD covid but doesn't now. Lol.

Melodramatic. They won't cancel the season, certainly not because a guy HAD covid but doesn't now. Lol.

Sorry, cancellation was probably the wrong word. I just think when all is said and done. 2020 will be erased from the records. The asterisk will be so big that it just can’t count as a regular season.

Be a great one to win this year - like any other year. I don't believe in this asterisk nonsense, the game has evolved, there are now more teams, it's become far more defensive. It has never an even playing field with lopsided fixtures and interstate travel.

Premierships have been won during World Wars, despite many players not being able to participate and Geelong even pulling out of the VFL. I don't see an asterisk on our 1943 Premiership! It still seems to count toward our 12 cups.

There won't be an asterisk on this one, either other than for social media trolls who will use it as an excuse to bait the winning teams supporters.

Spot on. It might not be Gilligan's decision at the end of the day

How more cases in Victoria before big bad busling Andrews calls time?

May not count as a regular season, but it will count as the 2020 premiership season.

DS

Totally disagree.
AFL is the about the supporter.
not many people i speak to give a flying f who wins it this year.
Shorter qtrs, longer breaks and especially no crowds.
If there's ever a case for an asterrix this year is the one.

Asterisk or not, I'd be deliriously happy if the Tigers win it!

Reactions: 2 users
N
Totally disagree.
AFL is the about the supporter.
not many people i speak to give a flying f who wins it this year.
Shorter qtrs, longer breaks and especially no crowds.
If there's ever a case for an asterrix this year is the one.
Nope, I don’t give a toss what anyone else thinks. Its a real season and there’s a premiership at stake. Time to lift.

Reactions: 2 users