Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With the delistings and trades done am I correct in that we have 5 picks in natIona and rookie draft

on Taranto, Hopper, Bauer

off Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Parker, Aarts, Stack, Martyn, Collier-Dawkins

5 picks at this stage after pick 50 seems a lot

will we invest more in rookie draft and upgrade Pickett and Miller

Dont think there is any delisted players of interest, maybe Tyler Brown or Daniel Howe as a tagger if any

Only Pickett will be promoted IMO. As I've said on other threads, I reckon we will want to continue to maximise our rookie list at 6 spots so that we get the extra cap relief.

Reckon we take 2 in the ND (and upgrade Pickett), take 1 or 2 in the rookie draft and then take a look at a bunch for the last spot or 2 through the pre season supplemental period.

Reactions: 1 user

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
The club must have absolute conviction that last year’s crop of draftees are the goods. Their development will not be hampered by list cloggers now. They’ll all be getting senior experience next year is my bet. Extremely good signs.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Aarts, Martyn and Stack were obvious. RCD is a little unlucky when the likes of Cantstandya and Mansell survive but it is what it is.

Stack wasn't done any favors being played all year in the forward line, but his main issue was lack of fitness and poor work ethic. Another wasted talent.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I'm glad we cut the 4. Really like the idea of bringing 3 or 4 new boys in, even if they will be low in the draft. It's where we do our best work

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Always sad to see the young guys get delisted. Must be a terrible period for any player.

After such early promise, sad to see Stacky come to an end. After so much hope, sad to see RCD fall short. And full admiration for what Aarts was able to achieve.

I wish all the boys well, I would be happy to see all of them get a second crack.

Reactions: 11 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
We may look at Mitch Crowden who got cut by the Dockers yesterday.

There was a rumour a few years ago that we had a good look at him in a trade period.

He was dropped off the main list last year & then put on their rookie list.
Not the best recommendation imo.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I just saw James Rowe got delisted. I am surprised by that. Not the worst player to bring onto your rookie list.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I just saw James Rowe got delisted. I am surprised by that. Not the worst player to bring onto your rookie list.
I'd be surprised if he isn't picked up, either as a DFA, a rookie or on the pre-season.

If you take out the games where he was either the sub or the unactivcated sub, his stats are pretty good.

14.6 disposals per game
0.9 goals per game
0.6 goal assists per game
5.1 score involvements per game
1.9 tackles per game
1.0 tackles inside 50 per game

Not bad for a small forward

These are his stats in 2022.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Aarts, Martyn and Stack were obvious. RCD is a little unlucky when the likes of Cantstandya and Mansell survive but it is what it is.

Stack wasn't done any favors being played all year in the forward line, but his main issue was lack of fitness and poor work ethic. Another wasted talent.

Mansell lucky to have 1 more year left on his contract he would have been on my delist list.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
He's a tough nut. Not very skilled.
Greatest claim to fame so far would be trying to comb Ginna-Diver's hair/face with his forearm!:))
And succeeding IIRC!

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Mansell lucky to have 1 more year left on his contract he would have been on my delist list.
Depends how he goes next season. Possibility of him, George maybe Dow. All will be under pressure when and if they get any opportunitieS. All OOC in 2023

Reactions: 2 users