Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It is. But so was Picketts. Mansell beat Pickett, or kept him contained, which is outstanding for him, but doesn't reflect well on us as a side when their hottest forward is subdued and they still beat us in a canter. Pickett still had a solid game though, just not the creative livewire he has been.

Mansell could have got a free when Pickett kept running at him on the mark after kicking the goal, but Oliver ended up getting one. It was a bit of a throwback barney.

Umpires lost control of that. They knew it would boil over (always does when a free is paid that far off the ball in front of goal), they should have been ready to pay us a free in the centre square from the restart when Pickett decked Mansell, but the umps seemed to enjoy it. The Melbourne players knew they could steal frees because of it. Thats what lead to Vineys stage on the wing against Kmac just after that as he was expecting the slight touch from Kmac would result in a free for him so he dived.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
they should have been ready to pay us a free in the centre square from the restart when Pickett decked Mansell, but the umps seemed to enjoy it. The Melbourne players knew they could steal frees because of it.
the umps loved it. Ate it up. they were like kids with a bunch of firecrackers.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.

everywhere on the north side of the river, with the exception of The Valley, is bland.

all the way to Thursday island

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Does anyone else have an unhealthy hatred of Clayton Oliver's head?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I live there. I always say to people such as yourself, its a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there.
Fair call but I couldn’t live there. The winter is great but the humidity in summer is putrid. Would drive me nuts.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure Balta is travelling as well as last year or early this year.
Noah has had a poor start to the year on the whole. BUT he aint alone its a bit endemic and has been since the season started.

Been glossed over.

In fact there are a few that have not hit the season well.

Baker (although seems to be doing better now) and Astbury, had been down or not as assured and so too has Short even though hes getting kicks he isnt impacting.

Jack Graham seems to play one good then one or 2 ordinary ones, Rioli has been poor and George has also dropped off.

Cotchin off the pace, Houli well off the pace, Lynch has been very poor, Grover up and down and missed a game and Aarts is not up to it.

Our most consistent performers have been - , Nank, JR8, Shai, Dusty, Broad, Grimes, Pickett and Sheds, thats pretty much it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Fair call but I couldn’t live there. The winter is great but the humidity in summer is putrid. Would drive me nuts.
I love the heat. Growing up in Ballarat scarred me for life. 27 and not a cloud in the sky today, and it will be like that until September, give or take :cool:

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I love the heat. Growing up in Ballarat scarred me for life. 27 and not a cloud in the sky today, and it will be like that until September, give or take :cool:
Yeah 6 months of the year would be great; the other 6 totally shitful in my opinion. It’s not the heat it’s the humidity; I *smile* hate it.

I don’t mind the cold. Melbourne’s weather is okay by me.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah 6 months of the year would be great; the other 6 totally shitful in my opinion. It’s not the heat it’s the humidity; I *smile* hate it.

I don’t mind the cold. Melbourne’s weather is okay by me.

we'll just have to agree that we all hate Sydney

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
we'll just have to agree that we all hate Sydney
Ha ha yes Sydney overall is a shithole. Although lived there for 3 years in my late 20s and had a great time. The weather is quite like Brisbane; great in winter but shitfully humid in summer.

I would never live there again though. Been there done that. My company’s head office in Sydney and overtures about a potential move have been put forward on occasion. I have resisted rigorously.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.
I lived there for four years and your assessment is spot on

• Sad
  • Haha

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Mansell was good. Loved his aggression and saw him step into much bigger blokes faces when he needed to. Not bad for a 3-gamer. Should have been rewarded with a free kick for the first contact from Pickett - Blocking. And if not that, should have had a free kick from when Pickett charged him after kicking the goal. What I liked was that he didn't take a backward step at all. He is giving me some Dan Jackson and Jake King vibes with his attitude. Loving it.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I lived there for four years and your assessment is spot on
It’s all about gettin in with the locals. Once you do - the place opens up. Trouble is the locals take to us Mexicans about as well as Broncos supporters take to the Storm.

• Sad