Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

With his attitude and attack at contests and the man, I'd be happy for him to play as the small defensive forward for a bit, couldnt hurt and would be a stack more effective than Aarts and Rioli right now, and George last night.

Reactions: 1 user
With his attitude and attack at contests and the man, I'd be happy for him to play as the small defensive forward for a bit, couldnt hurt and would be a stack more effective than Aarts and Rioli right now, and George last night.
Anyone would have been more effective than them last night.

Just makes me worry that if he does it then, will he do it in a more important moment? Besides it did nothing, other than show us up as frustrated and lacking discipline.
We lacked discipline last year and had to spend the entire offseason polishing the cup. I'm sure Robbo will be all over us.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Lived in New Farm for 9 years in the 90s. One of the best suburbs in Australia.
It was so good because it's an enclave, you can't go through it across into other suburbs, so it's only 'local traffic'. No through roads, it's enclaved around the river and no bridges going over it.

Even the Belgrave and Hawthorne with an 'E' cinema (The correct way to spell it i'm told ;)) just across the river, would have taken 5 minutes to get too with a bridge, but took 15-20 minutes over the Storey Bridge and through the 'burbs', lol.

But still worth it, movies were once a week, getting into New Farm was daily and there's not the hundreds of cars blocking up the area and taking you forever to get home, I loved it :))

And the local cafe's, mine was the Moray Cafe, corner of Moray St and Merthyr Rd, and a couple of doors down the Vine Restaurant Bar :cool:

Would love to know if there's any other cool 'burbs' like that in Oz, with no through traffic :)

He played up on the wing a lot with North Launceston. Wouldn’t mind seeing him up there at some stage.

What's with that twat Jones targeting Mansell? Pickett looks classy but he is a bit of a thug and he always flops when there is any contact.

Good on Rhyan for putting up a fight and not accepting that rubbish.

Reactions: 2 users
What's with that twat Jones targeting Mansell? Pickett looks classy but he is a bit of a thug and he always flops when there is any contact.

Good on Rhyan for putting up a fight and not accepting that rubbish.
Yep, you've won 99 games out of 300 Jones. Marlion will overtake you soon. Spud.

That Oliver decision was disgraceful. Marlion walking back, Oliver initiates contact, gets lippy and takes a dive.

The blonde umpire is completely out of position, not watching the incident but pulls out yet another free in Dees 50.

Every player pushing, arguing but rewards a proven stager out of nowhere. Why?

He's on my De Boy, O Gorman, Hayden Kennedy list of Richmond hating cheats

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.
Positives - 1. Quiet and generally get easy to get around.
2. Pineapple Hotel in Kangaroo Point near the Gabba - Great every Richmond pre-game, they have great discount nights, Parma night was mad, and meat night as well, beers go down beautifully like they should. Cousin seemed to win $800-1,000 bucks on horses and machines before every Richmond game he came up too while I lived there, he was never that good tipping them here lol, paid for his trips and he'd give me $200-300 bucks as well :mhihi
3. Sunshine Coast is an hour+ away, better than the Gold Coast once you've been down there, I'd always head north for a weekend.
4. State of Origin - when it's played in Brisbane, the town shuts down after lunchtime, we'd go for lunch at 12, then go home and get your barbies going or if you're going to watch it live, fantastic experience to see. (Got my tickets for the Sunday 27 June State of Origin game at Suncorp, Our Tiges play the Suns up that way a week later on the 03-04 July ;))
Well that's about it for positiives aye!! :(

Negatives - 1. Not much happening other than when State of Origin is on :sleeping
2. Town on most nights other than the weekend shuts down 10pm, really no Lygon St, Toorak, Rd type places. Tehy reckon Grey STreet across the river, yeah right!! Tatiana Grigorieva's ice cream shop in Hamilton 'Milani House of Gelato' was fantastic to eat at most nights for an icecream, shuts 10pm!! :confused:
3. Sweat - Worked in an office job, thankfully, a colleague went to the post office 800m away, came back with his back soaking sweat. I asked where he went, he said 800m away, I'm like, 'Wow man, just wow!!' :oops:
4. Sweat II - Thought i'd walk to work in the mornings when I arrived, even at 8pm a slightly similar result as above happened, so straight away changed the routine to catching the bus to work, to get there fresh, then walk home and shower when I got home, lol. This happens from at least Sept too April man. Luckily I had an office job, I don't know how I'd work outside :rotfl2

I would live there again, but only if I'm getting PAID THE BIG BUCKS!! :eyes

the whole kick-the-goal-and-run-up-and-shove-someone

really *smile* me off, even when richmond players do it.

If im being honest,

I actually really wanted Oliver to kick the 2nd goal and do the run and shove again and Mansell to knock him out with a straight left and break into the best brawl in 20 years.

*smile* Melbourne

Agree. For the most part i really like the way we play. we respect the oppostion,, but then we hit them hard. we dont whinge, we dont dive (too much) and we dont take cheap shots (Lynch did push that last year).

Reactions: 2 users
and I like the look of Mansell. Reminds me of Baker, but obviously not as skilled (who is?) or quite as tough (who is?)

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.
I’ve lived in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Launceston and Geelong. Without a doubt Brisbane is the best all round city of all of them.

• Wow
and I like the look of Mansell. Reminds me of Baker, but obviously not as skilled (who is?) or quite as tough (who is?)
Exactly. And his work on the ground has allowed Baker to move up the ground.

Reactions: 1 users