Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I like this kid, quick and has a bit of *smile* about him , good modern day small back, his addition should help Bakes continue to find more of the ball up the ground

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Pretty Old School tigers is RM. Anyone at the ground got any dope on the blue?

Dunno but $hai seemed *smile* pissed off on the wireless.

I got the distinct impression Kosi Pickett has been reading the back page of the paper a fair bit.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Thanks mate :) I'm well aware my rambles will get quickly seized upon and will cop a lot of flak, so am considering messaging once a year in the hope I'm thought of as a new contributor ;)

Where I've come from as quickly as I can, Tiger fan because of Royce, KB, St Francis and the 70's era. Then endured the 37 year pain, and not for myself but I wanted young fans to experience what I knew as a kid, the power of the Tiger when we're a top club and winning flags for fun, thankfully it's returned for a bit :))

Sports nut, mainly AFL, cricket, NFL, NBA, F1 nowadays, other sports more just a general interest now, it's hard watching 9 AFL games weekly, NBA daily or NFL all Monday & Tuesday when it's their season lol.

Big movie and TV series fan, son is about to start a Uni course in film, wants to be a movie director so wish us luck aye :) Luv my sports stats, was nicknamed many years ago the 'Ristannica' in honour of the Britannica Encyclopaedia.

Umm, Melbourne born and bred but worked and lived in Orange NSW, New Farm Brisbane, Port Campbell/Peterborough Western Vic, then back to Keilor Downs full of Clowns :p Not very quick so I'll see myself out!! :flush
Lived in New Farm for 9 years in the 90s. One of the best suburbs in Australia.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I thought alongside Baker he was our best defender and in the top 5 players for us tonight.
I like the way he plays

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Loved his game and his aggression. Really grown in a short space of time.

Think Dimma would have been struggling to hold back a smile when he squared up to Pickett.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
How good was that 1v1 contest down back?

He bled, pestered, and was super reliable in the contest all night. Dimma won’t drop a player who plays like that.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Loved his game and his aggression. Really grown in a short space of time.

Think Dimma would have been struggling to hold back a smile when he squared up to Pickett.
Dunno what was happening, Pickett and Mansell were fired right up. And Shai was pissed off. I loved it. Hated how the ump plucked frees out against us when it was both sides doing the same thing, but that is to be expected. It was a bit comical actually, it was as if the umps were just waiting for us to do what the Melbourne player did, which we did, whistle!!!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dunno what was happening, Pickett and Mansell were fired right up. And Shai was pissed off. I loved it. Hated how the ump plucked frees out against us when it was both sides doing the same thing, but that is to be expected. It was a bit comical actually, it was as if the umps were just waiting for us to do what the Melbourne player did, which we did, whistle!!!

Always the player who retaliates who gives away the free. A story as old as time itself.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Always the player who retaliates who gives away the free. A story as old as time itself.
True. But also always the player playing for the team with the foot on their throat and deep in the backline. It extra comical those last couple of frees to Pickett and Oliver, two players going at it, frees to them in front of goal both times.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He has some real mongrel about him. And on the footy side if things he had Pickett well and truly beaten.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Yep. Pickett had zero influence. Was good and more game time will hopefully give him that composure which is lacking a little atm but expected from a young player

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I agree.

he beat Pickett.

snake factor is off the dial
It is. But so was Picketts. Mansell beat Pickett, or kept him contained, which is outstanding for him, but doesn't reflect well on us as a side when their hottest forward is subdued and they still beat us in a canter. Pickett still had a solid game though, just not the creative livewire he has been.

Mansell could have got a free when Pickett kept running at him on the mark after kicking the goal, but Oliver ended up getting one. It was a bit of a throwback barney.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I like him but don’t like the cheap shot agro I’ve been seeing glimpses of. Yes Pickett copped him with a cheap shot and he retaliated in a manner I don’t think deserved a free kick, but he was ready to start a blue at 1/4 time and saw him at it last week - seems a bit undisciplined. My main concern is that it draws focus away from the real contest and free kicks in defence are very costly.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I like him but don’t like the cheap shot agro I’ve been seeing glimpses of. Yes Pickett copped him with a cheap shot and he retaliated in a manner I don’t think deserved a free kick, but he was ready to start a blue at 1/4 time and saw him at it last week - seems a bit undisciplined. My main concern is that it draws focus away from the real contest and free kicks in defence are very costly.

I love it but I know I shoudnt

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Lived in New Farm for 9 years in the 90s. One of the best suburbs in Australia.
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It is. But so was Picketts. Mansell beat Pickett, or kept him contained, which is outstanding for him, but doesn't reflect well on us as a side when their hottest forward is subdued and they still beat us in a canter. Pickett still had a solid game though, just not the creative livewire he has been.

Mansell could have got a free when Pickett kept running at him on the mark after kicking the goal, but Oliver ended up getting one. It was a bit of a throwback barney.

I think we were generally flat, and Dees were good.

but Balta and Lynch coincided real shockers. (along with an entirely in tact midget piñata full of lollies at the final siren)

and I reckon when your bookends coincide shockers, and your superstar has a *smile* foot,

your rarely gonna acquit yourself well

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I’ve never lived in Brisbane but have spent quite a bit of time there for work. It strikes me as an extremely uninteresting place; quite bland. But I guess my experience has been quite limited.

Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who’s lived there.

I live there. I always say to people such as yourself, its a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users